Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 02-24-2018, 02:32 PM   #1
boydwgrossii
Human being with feelings

Default Need advice on recording Godin 5th Avenue

http://www.godinguitars.com/godin5thavenuep.htm

That's the guitar I have and it's really bright sounding with very little bass/boomy sound which isn't bad. I am using an Aston Origin and when I recorded about 1.5 feet from the middle where the normal soundhole would be, it sounded really thin.

I tried to angle it towards the 12th fret but it sounded about the same.

I tried moving it behind the guitar aimed towards my picking hand and I got a little better tone.

All that being said, does anyone have experience in recording a guitar like this?

Also, would it be unwise to get a Fishman SBT-E and then have one mic on the guitar and one recording from the Fishman at the same time and hard pan them as if it were 2 separate recordings?
boydwgrossii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 01:01 AM   #2
kstn
Human being with feelings

Did you try to use 2 mics? The 1st to 12 fret, the 2nd to bridge (for instance).

Quote:
Originally Posted by boydwgrossii View Post
http://www.godinguitars.com/godin5thavenuep.htm
Also, would it be unwise to get a Fishman SBT-E and then have one mic on the guitar and one recording from the Fishman at the same time and hard pan them as if it were 2 separate recordings?
I don't like pickups for acoustic guitars, but they can be great addition to mic track/s, so if there is a pickup on guitar, I always record it to separate track, just in case

Not sure about hard pan, but it should be checked.
kstn is offline   Reply With Quote