Old 06-08-2018, 07:39 AM   #2441
svijayrathinam
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by svijayrathinam View Post
Hi There is a take fx copy paste bug in SWS extensions. Pls check out the video link below where I explain what exactly is wrong with it.

https://youtu.be/RBw-HGe0BUA

I now have a SWS EXT test version which was made by I think one of the users in the following Post in Github.

https://github.com/reaper-oss/sws/is...ment-362931592

But when I updated it to the new SWS Extentions release the bug still exist. Can you pls take a look at this ?

Hi This take fx channel bug is still not fixed in ver 2.9.8.

Can you pls fix this ?

I reported this long time ago and nofish made a temporary fix. But Now I find new feautures in SWS extension ver 2.9.8 that I want to use. But the old bug still remains..Can you pls fix this ? if not..@nofish could you pls make another temporary fix with the new version ?
svijayrathinam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 01:32 PM   #2442
nofish

@ svijayrathinam

Sorry the fix didn't make it in 2.9.8. (It's because I was still waiting for feedback for this fix back then.)

But it's submitted meanwhile and will be in next version.

I'll try to do a temporary 2.9.8 version with this fix included soon.

edit:
Replied on your (new) GitHub issue.

Last edited by nofish; 06-08-2018 at 02:53 PM.
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 01:59 PM   #2443
svijayrathinam

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofish View Post
@ svijayrathinam

Sorry the fix didn't make it in 2.9.8. (It's because I was still waiting for feedback for this fix back then.)

But it's submitted meanwhile and will be in next version.

I'll try to do a temporary 2.9.8 version with this fix included soon.
Thank you.. If you can make a temporary 2.9.8 version that will help very much. Thank you
svijayrathinam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 01:44 PM   #2444
juliansader

I would like to know what steps I should follow to contribute some code to SWS.

I uploaded the code to my fork at GitHub, and submitted a pull request. (I am not quite sure that I did everything correctly, since this is my first time doing pull requests.)

Is there anything else I should do? I notice that the most recent SWS installer is v2.9.7 of September 2017. There have been numerous other pull requests since then, most by cfillion, but none have been incorporated into a new SWS version yet.

EDIT: I would appreciate it a lot if someone could test whether my code builds correctly on MacOS and Linux.
juliansader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 01:54 PM   #2445
EvilDragon

If you did a PR you're done, I suppose. Then it's up to the powers that be to integrate that.
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 04:07 PM   #2446
nofish

@juliansader

I'm not an 'official SWS maintainer' but I did some contributions to SWS in the past I may answer some things.

- It's a good idea to start working from the next branch, rather than master branch as you did, since the 'next' branch contains all the latest code changes.
In short (don't know how familiar you are with Git branching), 'master' branch contains the code for official SWS releases, the 'next' branch is where ongoing development happens and is used for pre-releases, so it's usually ahead of the master branch. (Rundown of the branching approach, 'Develop' branch is the equivalent to the SWS 'next' branch.)

edit:
A common approach is also, rather than working on 'next' directly, to start a new local branch from next (= 'feature branch' in above link) when working on something and then pull request that branch when done. This enables working on stuff in parallel for example by simply switching branches.

- Similarly pull requests should be submitted to 'next' branch, rather than 'master' branch. (As mentioned in the README).
edit:
To clarify, you can choose which branch your pull request should be merged into when creating it on GitHub:

- It's suggested to update the whatsnew.txt, if you add new stuff, as mentioned here.

As said, I'm no SWS maintainer, so just take it as 'good practice suggestions' (other contributors may correct me).

As to your PR itself, Tim (SWS) is the current maintainer (afaik) and handles merging of PR's so he'll probably approach you if he wants something changed etc.

Sorry, can't help with Mac and Linux builds.

Last edited by nofish; 07-04-2018 at 06:15 AM.
Old 07-16-2018, 08:25 PM   #2447
effitall

Default Region playlist change?

For live performance, I have a project where I'm using Regions to indicate "songs" and within the regions, I'm using markers for song bits (intro, V1, C1, etc).

I've been making a new project every time I want to change up the set, but that isn't really fast or fun. The regions make it a little easier to copy/paste songs in the order I want, but why not use the Regions Playlist extension??

Well...It seems that the Regions Playlist editor thinks that a marker means jump to the next region. Boo. Yeah yeah..."Just delete your markers!" But I WANT the markers AND the regions!!

Is there a way to make the Regions Playlist tool ignore the markers and only follow the regions? I understand the appeal of the current method, but it would be nice to be able to turn the sensitivity to markers on/off with a toggle or something.

Thanks!
effitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 10:00 PM   #2448
mschnell

Better ask this in a new dedicated forum thread with a decent topic/caption to get attention, as this is related to using, and not to updating the SWS extension.

(Unfortunately there is no dedicated subforum for "Live" usage of Reaper, yet, to prominently posting such a question).

-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 06:37 AM   #2449
ionian

Default SWS Track Management

I just installed the SWS extensions and maybe I'm nuts but for the life of me I can't find the SWS Track/Mixer/Envelopes menu in the track control panel context menu. According to the SWS manual, it should be under "SWS Snapshots" but my context menu ends at SWS Snapshots.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!
ionian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 06:45 AM   #2450
Lokasenna

By "manual" do you mean "Reaper Plus! The Power of SWS Extensions"? If so, that document is eight years out of date.

Depending on what you want to do, View | Track Manager might help. Looking at a screenshot of the menu, all of those are still available in Action List. Not sure why the context menu went away.
Old 07-19-2018, 06:54 AM   #2451
ionian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokasenna View Post
By "manual" do you mean "Reaper Plus! The Power of SWS Extensions"? If so, that document is eight years out of date.

Depending on what you want to do, View | Track Manager might help. Looking at a screenshot of the menu, all of those are still available in Action List. Not sure why the context menu went away.
Lol you're right - I didn't notice the date - 2010!

Yeah, the context menu would be fantastic but at least they're all still in the action list. I guess I can make a custom toolbar or something for the ones I think I'd use most.
ionian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 05:26 AM   #2452
daxliniere

@X-Raym: do you think you could modify your script X-Raym_Set selected items fade-in fade-out length.lua to not add fades to MIDI items, please?

All the best!
Dax.
daxliniere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 08:36 PM   #2453
dazastah

Default Region Playlist extra Actions

I've posted this under Gitub but i wanted a little more attention and couldn't find the sws request/general thread.. Hope it isn't out of place to post here..

I'm the drummer and system playback engineer 🥇 in my bands and I use a small 10 Touchscreen only windows system for Multitrack playback live , therefore the region playlist text is very small and hard to see so i switch it to monitoring mode(which is nice and clear)

The problem is now there is no way to navigate the setlist via midi controllers.

The key to this is that some songs/regions must smoothseek to the next song/region, but sometimes i have to pause/stop inbetween and also skip these smoothseeking songs/regions so i can't use seperate playlists.

I tried to make some custom actions

This resets the the whole list
-play next region based on currently playing region
-stop

This has erractic behaviour
-play next region based on currently playing region
-pause

Here's what i'm wanting

goto/select Next Region in current playlist (In Non Playing State or stopped without playing next region)
goto/select Prev Region in current playlist (In Non Playing State or stopped without playing next region)
Play Currently Selected Region In Region Playlist (When stopped)
Stop Currently selected region and stay selected ready to play again

Ultimately would be awesome if its available when in monitoring mode..

Willing to donate some beer money to someone upto the task . pm me.
dazastah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 12:18 PM   #2454
playtimer

Default Pre-release update?

Hey guys,

Last official SWS extension is v2.9.7 from September 2017... I see on pre-release page that v2.9.8.0 is available with extensive list of changes.

Is anyone using v2.9.8.0? Is it stable, any issues? Asking for a friend who's still on 2017 version

Thanks for any help, much appreciated!
playtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 12:28 PM   #2455
cfillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by playtimer View Post
Is anyone using v2.9.8.0? Is it stable, any issues?
"SWS/S&M: Remove all envelopes for selected tracks" has an issue in that version causing it to freeze if the master track is selected. I think it's still worth updating though, unless you rely on that action working on the master track.

(The fix is ready – just waiting to be put in an official release...)

Last edited by cfillion; 08-01-2018 at 12:33 PM.
cfillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 12:40 PM   #2456
playtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfillion View Post
"SWS/S&M: Remove all envelopes for selected tracks" has an issue in that version causing it to freeze if the master track is selected. I think it's still worth updating though, unless you rely on that action working on the master track.

(The fix is ready – just waiting to be put in an official release...)
Thanks for the answer mate! Actually I do use that specific action on master track, but if the official release fix is coming I think I can wait a bit longer.

Thanks again & cheers!
playtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 01:22 PM   #2457
Lokasenna

Don't hold your breath for an official release. There's a huge backlog of fixes/additions on the Github repository, waiting to be put in.

The current prerelease version has been stable for me though. If the action above is an issue, you could probably wrap it in a custom action like:

Store current track selection
Deselect master track (I'm assuming that's an action somewhere)
SWS/S&M: Remove all envelopes for selected tracks
Restore track selection
Old 08-20-2018, 11:51 PM   #2458
cynical2207

Hi! May I leave here a little feature request: in Auto Color/Icon/Layout please add a little check box about case sensetivity. This thing may be useful for auto coloring folder tracks written all caps, like 'GUITARS' and will not touch 'Guitars' tracks. Thanks!
Old 08-21-2018, 01:28 AM   #2459
daxliniere

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynical2207 View Post
Hi! May I leave here a little feature request: in Auto Color/Icon/Layout please add a little check box about case sensetivity. This thing may be useful for auto coloring folder tracks written all caps, like 'GUITARS' and will not touch 'Guitars' tracks. Thanks!
Yeah, I would love that, too.
daxliniere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 02:39 AM   #2460
D Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynical2207 View Post
I agree for BUS distinction and/or parent folders of similar names etc
Old 08-23-2018, 08:48 AM   #2461
Amberience

So it seems like when you use the SWS Playlist and you crop your playlist to a new project tab, it doesn't copy over tempo markers and time signature markers. I'm guessing this is a bug???

I tried to do a radio edit of a song recently and noticed that the resulting project was totally unusable - I gave up in the end!
Amberience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 07:16 PM   #2462
D Rocks

Hi guys,

I'm using this action with Ctrl+Mousewheel as first step:
SWS/wol: Options - Set "Horizontal zoom center" to "Mouse cursor"
Before second step: regular Reaper Zooming.

In the other hand, my mousehweel default action sets the option back to Default zooming and then zooms.

Question is: does it continuously Set the zoom option even if its already on?
I'm asking cause the number of times its triggered by my Mousewheel keycommand might make it laggy.

In other words is this SWS action able to detect if it needs to set the option ON or does it simply send that command one after the other when triggered?

Thanks in advance
Old 08-24-2018, 07:31 PM   #2463
cfillion

It changes the zoom mode in memory and writes it to reaper.ini. You could avoid writing to the ini file with a short ReaScript:

Code:
local EDIT_PLAY_CURSOR = 0 -- (default)
local MOUSE_CURSOR = 3

reaper.SNM_SetIntConfigVar('zoommode', MOUSE_CURSOR)

Last edited by cfillion; 08-24-2018 at 07:44 PM.
Old 08-24-2018, 07:44 PM   #2464
D Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfillion View Post
It changes the zoom mode in memory and writes it to reaper.ini.
Thanks

So it means that each time the mousewheel turns up and down for my zooming needs, it is accessing memory and open/save/close reaper.ini?

How could I make a step to detect that the option currently is already on so it doesnt waste CPU on this?
EDIT: lol you replied so fast thanks, didn't have time to read your comment with ReaScript

EDIT2: Should this ReaScript be inserted before the SWS action and the Zooming? I'm not sure how to integrate it with my current Custom Actions. I'd appreciate any clarification please

Last edited by D Rocks; 08-24-2018 at 07:50 PM. Reason: You Edited your post faster than my reply :D
D Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 08:05 PM   #2465
cfillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Rocks View Post
EDIT2: Should this ReaScript be inserted before the SWS action and the Zooming? I'm not sure how to integrate it with my current Custom Actions. I'd appreciate any clarification please
It replaces the SWS action. It does the exact same thing except, because it doesn't write to the ini file, the setting is restored the next time REAPER is started. This might be preferable depending on what you want.

But I doubt it makes any difference on performance (also Lua is likely imperceptibly slower – it needs to be read, parsed and interpreted...). The SWS action should be just fine as-is.

Last edited by cfillion; 08-24-2018 at 08:28 PM.
Old 08-24-2018, 08:11 PM   #2466
D Rocks

Okay I understand now. Ill use it as it is in the SWS then, and if I find a way to insert it somewhere else smarter than each time the keycommand is sent it'll be the best.

Thanks alot for your help again, youve been very nice.
Old 08-26-2018, 07:05 PM   #2467
Kawin

Default No more sws updates??

Sws stopped its development after sep 2017 isnt it?? or they moved to some other site??

Sws can simply be merged with reaper 6.0. if reaper installer integrates and dissolves sws within it . it would be very much handful for most reaper users. why we need an extension why cant it be within and merged with no extra efforts???
Kawin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 07:50 PM   #2468
Lokasenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawin View Post
Sws stopped its development after sep 2017 isnt it?? or they moved to some other site??
Development is still going, there just hasn't been a new release. The main guy (swstim) doesn't have enough time to go through the changes/fixes that have been submitted.

Quote:
Sws can simply be merged with reaper 6.0. if reaper installer integrates and dissolves sws within it . it would be very much handful for most reaper users. why we need an extension why cant it be within and merged with no extra efforts???
This will probably never happen, because then Justin and Schwa would have to take over responsibility for a huge pile of extra code that they didn't write. Programmers hate, hate, HATE doing that.
Old 08-27-2018, 04:21 AM   #2469
D Rocks

Thanks for that info I had same questions in the back of my head
Old 09-17-2018, 02:04 PM   #2470
Thunderclash

Hi!

I have an issue with the SWS actions "SWS/S&M: Map selected tracks MIDI input to channel 'x'". This causes Reaper to freeze for a second or two and leaves hanging MIDI notes sometimes. When I do this from the track input dropdown menu it works smoothly, it appears that it's the SWS action that is acting strange.

Any tips?

Cheers!
Thunderclash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 03:15 PM   #2471
nofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderclash View Post
Hi!

I have an issue with the SWS actions "SWS/S&M: Map selected tracks MIDI input to channel 'x'". This causes Reaper to freeze for a second or two and leaves hanging MIDI notes sometimes. When I do this from the track input dropdown menu it works smoothly, it appears that it's the SWS action that is acting strange.

Any tips?

Cheers!
SWS uses a rather 'hacky' way to do this (chunk manipulation), which is not ideal in live situation I guess.

I think best alternative would be if we had these actions natively so I'd suggest doing a feature request.

https://forum.cockos.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23
Old 09-19-2018, 11:06 PM   #2472
airon

I'd like to submit a small request, which promises to be fairly simple.

I've posted it as an issue in the Github repo as well:
https://github.com/reaper-oss/sws/issues/1046

Netflix of all places just changed its requirements. We now need to use the pure 1770.1 version of the loudness measurement standard for their stuff.

There are other tools to do this, but everything is slower than Reaper, where I normalize the items of the 5.1 or 2.0 mixes and do the split-to-mono playouts that I need to pack up and send off. With other tools there's at least one more inbetween step, as none of them seem to be able to generate single-channel files. Thus, I'd rather use Reaper, even if I need to get another tool in the meantime. It's just the better tool.

The Loudness portion of the extension uses the BS-1770.3 or 4 method of measuring as well as the EBU R128 recommendation.

-edit-

It's a little more complicated than just the 1770-1 mode (loudness measurement with no relative and absolute gate)

The whole thing is based on this article which links to the actual recommendations:
https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/hom...delivery-specs

Basically it's a dialogue gate whose output is scanned by the ITU 1770-1 method. We're using the pure 1770-3 method irrc, or perhaps even 1770.4.

The code for the Dolby dialogue gate is completely free. It's available on request via this link : https://www.dolby.com/us/en/technolo...ence-code.aspx

Reaper's extension architecture just lends itself so well to offline scanning, that I'm hoping there's a programmer with a spare few hours to slot in an extra mode in to the existing Loudness portion of the SWS extension.

I've got no C++ IDE experience at all, or I'd try to do this.

Last edited by airon; 09-21-2018 at 02:40 AM.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 01:03 PM   #2473
airon

After filling out the form on the Dolby site, you can download the code right away. Nobody sits there approving any organization or person.

Checking the "Dolby Dialogue Intelligence" code, it's very well documented pure ANSI C.

It converts the input to 16kHz, runs it through a bunch of detectors and combines the results to get a value on whether speech is there or not.

The algorithm produces a 0 or 1 per sample, so that's a per-sample gate applied to the audio stream. That response has a set delay too, which makes it easier to compensate. The details are more difficult to fathom for an amateur coder like myself.

The gated audio is then fed to the 1770.1 measuring algorithm.

Basic structure seems simple. I'm just not sure we can share the source code like is done with the whole SWS extension.

Last edited by airon; 09-22-2018 at 01:18 PM.
Old 09-23-2018, 01:12 AM   #2474
javiramallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by airon View Post
I'd like to submit a small request, which promises to be fairly simple.

I've posted it as an issue in the Github repo as well:
https://github.com/reaper-oss/sws/issues/1046

Netflix of all places just changed its requirements. We now need to use the pure 1770.1 version of the loudness measurement standard for their stuff.

There are other tools to do this, but everything is slower than Reaper, where I normalize the items of the 5.1 or 2.0 mixes and do the split-to-mono playouts that I need to pack up and send off. With other tools there's at least one more inbetween step, as none of them seem to be able to generate single-channel files. Thus, I'd rather use Reaper, even if I need to get another tool in the meantime. It's just the better tool.

The Loudness portion of the extension uses the BS-1770.3 or 4 method of measuring as well as the EBU R128 recommendation.

-edit-

It's a little more complicated than just the 1770-1 mode (loudness measurement with no relative and absolute gate)

The whole thing is based on this article which links to the actual recommendations:
https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/hom...delivery-specs

Basically it's a dialogue gate whose output is scanned by the ITU 1770-1 method. We're using the pure 1770-3 method irrc, or perhaps even 1770.4.

The code for the Dolby dialogue gate is completely free. It's available on request via this link : https://www.dolby.com/us/en/technolo...ence-code.aspx

Reaper's extension architecture just lends itself so well to offline scanning, that I'm hoping there's a programmer with a spare few hours to slot in an extra mode in to the existing Loudness portion of the SWS extension.

I've got no C++ IDE experience at all, or I'd try to do this.
Yes!! please.

+1000.
javiramallo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 03:41 AM   #2475
airon

I've created a simple signal flow diagram, derived from the description in the Dolby Dialogue Intelligence documentation.

Where the global dialogue intelligence gate sits is where the Relative Gate sat of the 1770-2/3/4 specification.

However, each channel is individually gated with the dialogue intelligence gate first as well, before being added up to a global loudness number. I'm not sure why the global result is gated again.

Thus, this is dialogue intelligence combined with the first version of the 1770 specification.

Note the Delay block. This is to compensate for the 2048 ms delay of the dialogue intelligence algorithm.

More detailed information is available in the documentation of the Dialogue Intelligence source code package. Please keep in mind that the specification that is the basis of this request requires the use of the 1770-1 spec, not the 1770-2 spec as detailed in the dialogue intelligence documentation.

The target level is -27 LKFS of integrated speech-gated loudness across the selected item. The reference might very well be the Nugen LM Correct tool, which is an offline, one at a time file processor(and audio suite plugin for PT).

Right-click and "View Image" to get the full sized image if you're viewing this forum in the Reaper 5 theme, which downsizes large images.

Last edited by airon; 09-23-2018 at 03:49 AM.
Old 09-23-2018, 03:50 AM   #2476
airon

Quote:
Originally Posted by javiramallo View Post
Yes!! please.

+1000.

Thanks.

Is anyone else affected by this new Netflix delivery spec ?
Old 09-30-2018, 06:07 AM   #2477
airon

After taking a hard look at the license for the Dolby stuff, it’s clear we can’t put this in to the SWS extension, unless we rewrite the thing.

So I’ve posted a request in the FR section to ask Cockos for help. Anyone wanna light some candles for that ? I did.
Old 10-01-2018, 08:02 AM   #2478
nofish

Technically I'd be allowed to merge PR's, Tim ('sws') gave me privilege to do so at some point, but this was mainly for being able to close issues, I don't feel entitled as a co-maintainer as there was never talk about it, so I refrain from doing so currently.

(Would be open for it in general though...)
Old 10-01-2018, 08:34 AM   #2479
Jae.Thomas

I require SWS for work
Jae.Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 08:37 AM   #2480
cfillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofish View Post
(Would be open for it in general though...)
Same here. I got access to the repository recently but that doesn't make starting merging PRs on my own accord appropriate (beside it wouldn't help getting a release out). Tim said a month ago he wanted to review the new code before accepting the PRs when he gets a chance.

Last edited by cfillion; 10-01-2018 at 09:17 AM.