Old 03-07-2007, 01:44 AM   #1
motormind
Human being with feelings

Default Crash upon ReaMote connect

Hi there,

I am trying to get ReaMote to work with Reaper v.1819. I simply enter the IP-address of the slave machine in the config screen. After that, the slave appears to see a connection, but the master crashes horribly with this error signature:

AppName: reaper.exe AppVer: 1.0.8.19 ModName: reaper.exe
ModVer: 1.0.8.19 Offset: 00048ba6

My guess is that this is because my master-PC actually has two connections: one to the internet and one to my internal network, which uses different IPs altogether.

Any insight would be helpful, since ReaMote for me is Reaper's main selling point.

Thanks in advance!
motormind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 02:01 AM   #2
Justin
Administrator

hmm, if you autoscan, what happens? does it find it correctly?

Is the reamote version the same one that was installed with 1.819 (i.e. not an older version)?

-Justin
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 02:18 AM   #3
motormind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
hmm, if you autoscan, what happens? does it find it correctly?

Is the reamote version the same one that was installed with 1.819 (i.e. not an older version)?

-Justin
Both master and slave are the same version. Autoscan doesn't work either though. Reaper doesn't crash, but the slave reports an UDP request from the master's external IP-address, instead of its internal address, so I guess the callback doesn't work then.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:28 AM   #4
Justin
Administrator

We will look at the behavior with multiple network cards (and the default route being different than the route to the reamote slave)... in the mean time can you try it with your external network connection disabled and see if that works?

Thanks,

Justin
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 03:07 AM   #5
motormind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
We will look at the behavior with multiple network cards (and the default route being different than the route to the reamote slave)... in the mean time can you try it with your external network connection disabled and see if that works?

Thanks,

Justin
I disabled the external internet connection, with pretty much the same result. The only difference is that the slave now detects an UDP request from the master's internal address, after which the master crashes. So it seems to me that the error is somewhere in the callback from the slave to the master.
Old 03-07-2007, 04:23 AM   #6
motormind

I tried to get it to work with my laptop now. I had no problems getting a connection, but there were terrible dropouts in the sound and an immense latency.

With this I declare my ReaMote-experiment as failed. Maybe I will try again with a new version.
Old 03-07-2007, 04:29 AM   #7
Christophe
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by motormind View Post
I tried to get it to work with my laptop now. I had no problems getting a connection, but there were terrible dropouts in the sound and an immense latency.

With this I declare my ReaMote-experiment as failed. Maybe I will try again with a new version.
If you are using your laptop's wireless card, that makes sense for the latency since wireless networks add A LOT of latency.
Christophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 04:55 AM   #8
motormind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christophe View Post
If you are using your laptop's wireless card, that makes sense for the latency since wireless networks add A LOT of latency.
I was using a CAT5 cable with my laptop's 100 Mb ethernet connection. Anyway, I get good results with FX Teleport and will likely stick to that. Once ReaMote starts working it would be a very interesting alternative though, so I will keep an eye on it.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:21 AM   #9
norbury brook

I had the same experience when I tried reamote, terrible latency and pops and clicks for days. I too have used FX teleport for a number of years now with success.It seems to work well in reaper too.

What would be the benefit of using reamote rather than teleport? apart from the cost. Is it more tightly integrated in to the program?

MC
norbury brook is offline   Reply With Quote