Old 10-20-2020, 10:23 AM   #1
studio1602
Human being with feelings

Default Custom theme adjuster won't open

I've made some minor tweaks to the Default 6.0 theme, and saved the theme under a new name. Now I have "Default_1602.ReaperTheme" and "Default_1602.ReaperThemeZip", both in "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\ColorThemes" .

I want to use the theme adjuster with this theme, so over in "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\Scripts\Cock os", I make a copy of "Default_6.0_theme_adjuster.lua" and rename it to "Default_1602_theme_adjuster.lua". I change the first line of "Default_1602_theme_adjuster.lua" to "sTitle = 'Default_1602_theme_adjuster'".

Back in REAPER, I go to Options > Themes and select my theme. All is well. Now I go to Options > Themes > Theme Adjuster. All is not well! Instead of opening the Default_1602 theme adjuster, the Default_6.0 theme adjuster is opened.

I'm sure this worked in the past, I'm stumped as to why it isn't working now. Any insights on why this happening or how to fix greatly appreciated!
studio1602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 06:36 PM   #2
Meo-Ada Mespotine

After you renamed it, did you add the renamed script as new Lua-script in the actionlist?
Reaper needs to register scripts that shall be run, hence scripts need to be added. If you just renamed it without adding it in the action-list, Reaper simply doesn't know, it shall use the script in the actionlist.

Simply add it by opening the actionlist, hitting the New action... -> Load ReaScript...-buttons and select the altered theme-adjuster.

On vacation for the time being...
Meo-Ada Mespotine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 03:24 AM   #3
PhelixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by studio1602 View Post
I've made some minor tweaks to the Default 6.0 theme, and saved the theme under a new name. Now I have "Default_1602.ReaperTheme" and "Default_1602.ReaperThemeZip", both in "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\ColorThemes" .

I want to use the theme adjuster with this theme, so over in "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\Scripts\Cock os", I make a copy of "Default_6.0_theme_adjuster.lua" and rename it to "Default_1602_theme_adjuster.lua". I change the first line of "Default_1602_theme_adjuster.lua" to "sTitle = 'Default_1602_theme_adjuster'".

Back in REAPER, I go to Options > Themes and select my theme. All is well. Now I go to Options > Themes > Theme Adjuster. All is not well! Instead of opening the Default_1602 theme adjuster, the Default_6.0 theme adjuster is opened.

I'm sure this worked in the past, I'm stumped as to why it isn't working now. Any insights on why this happening or how to fix greatly appreciated!
Hi,
Inside rt > line#32 , try comment out the Default Adjuster, add the new one.
Then it should automatically be recognized.

Last edited by PhelixK; 06-16-2021 at 02:41 PM.
PhelixK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 04:47 AM   #4
studio1602

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhelixK View Post
Hi,
Inside rt > line#32 , try comment out the Default Adjuster, add the new one.
Then it should automatically be recognized.
Hi PhelixK. Yes, this was it! I knew it had to be something dead simple, I just couldn't see what it was. Many thanks!
studio1602 is offline   Reply With Quote