Old 07-10-2018, 10:12 AM   #41
solger
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Rideout View Post
After I have installed Lokasenna's GUI Lib and ReaLauncher via ReaPack, how do I invoke it?
In general, you can assign the Action 'Script: solger_ReaLauncher.lua' in the Action List to a key shortcut, toolbar button, etc.

If you want to have ReaLauncher show up automatically at start, have a look at adding it as SWS Startup Action (see the steps mentioned in post #1):
Quote:
Originally Posted by solger
Optional settings:

- Setting the command ID or identifier string (shown in the Action List) of the Script: solger_ReaLauncher.lua Action as SWS Startup Action (via Extensions > Startup actions) - requires the SWS Extensions: http://www.sws-extension.org/
- Preferences > General: Changing 'Open projects on startup' to [New Project] - instead of [Prompt] which shows the default Reaper launcher at start
solger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 10:19 AM   #42
solger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Rideout View Post
One thing I absolutley cannot understand in Reaper's organisation of Project Templates: Why are they not Folder-Structurable - like the Track templates.

IE:

MIX>>Live Band
>>Orchestral
>>5 Stem TV project
MASTER>>CD
>>Voice-Over
RECORD>>Live Band
>>Acoustic Duo

Etc...
Added to the wish list
Old 07-10-2018, 09:08 PM   #43
MusoBob

I have it in the same folder as the library "Classes" & "Core.lua" that is used by other GUI's, how can I set it in the script to look in the current folder first before telling me

"Couldn't load the Lokasenna_GUI library. Please run 'Set Lokasenna_GUI v2 library path.lua' in the Lokasenna_GUI folder."
MusoBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 08:57 AM   #44
solger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusoBob View Post
I have it in the same folder as the library "Classes" & "Core.lua" that is used by other GUI's, how can I set it in the script to look in the current folder first before telling me

"Couldn't load the Lokasenna_GUI library. Please run 'Set Lokasenna_GUI v2 library path.lua' in the Lokasenna_GUI folder."
Is running the Script: Set Lokasenna_GUI v2 library path.lua Action in the Action List not working? **

Or is there a different reason why you want to set the path manually?

** In case this Action isn't visible: run Extensions > ReaPack > Synchronize to get the latest (Lokasenna GUI) version.

Last edited by solger; 07-11-2018 at 11:11 AM.
Old 07-11-2018, 09:03 AM   #45
solger

A minor update is up on ReaPack:

Quote:
version 0.1.2
- fixed issue with empty lists
- filter is now automatically applied when typing

Quote:
Originally Posted by akademie
But then, when I try to run main ReaLauncher script, I get this error:
"solger_ReaLauncher.lua:72: attempt to index a nil value"

It is on Windows 7 Pro 32bit, Reaper 5.92 - portable, SWS v2.8.3)
@akademie:

Any news about the error?

Did you already see the suggestions in post #39?
And is the issue still present in the latest version?

Last edited by solger; 07-11-2018 at 09:19 AM.
Old 07-11-2018, 11:39 AM   #46
akademie

Quote:
Originally Posted by solger View Post
@akademie:
Any news about the error?

Did you already see the suggestions in post #39?
And is the issue still present in the latest version?
Oh, hello solger,
sorry for delay, I was busy then and was not on forum online.
I tried your seggestions and the paths are reported in ReaScript IDE correctly I think, but they do not find any items. Even if I have one or two saved Track templates or Project templates, the paths are there right but number is telling 0 tables or something like that.
I am at work now and I will send you some screenshots later, maybe you will see on them something...

I also tried to write path into the script manually, but it also did not help.

I suspect it maybe due to Windows User which has some accented characters like "Skrčený-AAA". I will try even more and also try new version later today. Will report back.
Thank you

Edit: Well, I quickly tried older version here at work on my portable install, Windows User here is "AIP-PC" so it seems that diacritics in user name is not the problem... Will report more later when I try the latest version.

Edit2: While still at work, I tried to delete all Lokasena's and your script from Scripts folder and use ReaPack. Installed ReaLauncher, did not work because of missing Lokasena..GUI, that is OK, again in ReaPack, select Lokasenas GUI v2 to install. Well, now I run Lokasenas path script and It gives dialog with confirmation that path was set.. great. Start to run ReaLauncher.lua again but still same error as from the start, only line nr. differs because of updated script I think, the line of the code is the same as in the old version:
for file in io.popen([[dir "]] .. path .. [[" /a:-d /s /b | sort]]):lines() do

Error message is now like this: "solger_ReaLauncher.lua:94: attempt to index a nil value"

:-(

Is anybody here with 32bit Windows 7 which has it working, please?, Again Reaper version 5.79 portable.

Last edited by akademie; 07-11-2018 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Another additional info added
akademie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 12:41 PM   #47
MusoBob

Quote:
Is running the Script: Set Lokasenna_GUI v2 library path.lua Action in the Action List not working? **

Or is there a different reason why you want to set the path manually?
Yes, it is separate as the standard library has been modified, I changed the font size % for Mac as the fonts were a bit bigger than Win. I want to keep it separate as it is working now with the GUIs, I don't want it to not work if the users do an update to the library through ReaPack.
The GUI's were built from the Lokasenna example ones and they just use the library in the same folder.
Old 07-11-2018, 12:42 PM   #48
Lokasenna

The Recent filter is going nuts here. Typing letters/words that are clearly there filter those items out anyway, and some letters ("f") will filter out everything. The other two tabs' filters work fine.

Edit: Figured it out. The filter is case sensitive - the easiest solution would be to use string.lower("My Project") on both sides of the comparison.

Also, not sure if you changed anything here, but Default/Asc/Desc does absolutely nothing now.

Last edited by Lokasenna; 07-11-2018 at 12:52 PM.
Lokasenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 12:44 PM   #49
Arthur McArthur

Hi solger, this script looks awesome. I have a couple of requests for it:

A filter to only show the most recent version of projects. I save new versions a lot, so my recent project list ends up looking like: "project_55", "project_44", etc. It would be really useful to just show the latest version: project_55 and hide project_1 to project_54. I would use this setting as the default if you could implement it

A button for "New project (ignore default template)"

A larger vertical GUI size would be helpful too, to show more projects at the same time

Many thanks for this!
Arthur McArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 12:55 PM   #50
Lokasenna

Quote:
Yes, it is separate as the standard library has been modified, I changed the font size % for Mac as the fonts were a bit bigger than Win. I want to keep it separate as it is working now with the GUIs, I don't want it to not work if the users do an update to the library through ReaPack.
The GUI's were built from the Lokasenna example ones and they just use the library in the same folder.
- How long ago did you mod it? I changed the multiplier to 0.7 a month or so back, I think after you mentioned the size being off.

- As long as you haven't moved the library or renamed the files it should work. You can see exactly where it's looking in Reaper/reaper-extstate.ini. Look for the Lokasenna_GUI heading, and then lib_path_v2. Should be something like:
Code:
lib_path_v2=[path to your user folder here]\REAPER\Scripts\ReaTeam Scripts\Development\Lokasenna_GUI v2\Library\
Old 07-11-2018, 01:27 PM   #51
MusoBob

I have the Library in my script folder that the the GUIs are using.
This way every thing is there and just works from the one folder I will upload.
Old 07-11-2018, 01:40 PM   #52
Lokasenna

Quote:
I have the Library in my script folder that the the GUIs are using.
This way every thing is there and just works from the one folder I will upload.
As long as the path in the .ini is where you've put Core.lua, it should work.
Old 07-11-2018, 01:45 PM   #53
Lokasenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by akademie View Post
the line of the code is the same as in the old version:

Error message is now like this: "solger_ReaLauncher.lua:94: attempt to index a nil value"
By chance, are you running the script in Restricted Permissions mode (little checkbox at the bottom of the "Run a Reascript...")? If so, the script would crash as soon as it tries access any functions outside Reaper... but Reaper doesn't tell you that that's why it crashed.

@solger - If this is the case, you can check if GUI.script_restricted then any time after Core.lua is loaded and throw up a warning yourself if you want.

Edit: Probably ignore all of this. I just remembered that GUI checks for restricted permissions at load-time and redirects any calls to restricted functions to an error message about it. If you aren't getting that, then that's probably not the problem.

Last edited by Lokasenna; 07-11-2018 at 02:20 PM.
Lokasenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 06:12 AM   #54
emarsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Stevie_ View Post
- would it be possible to make the filter field NOT case sensitive?
+1

Case-sensitive searches are usually the wrong choice.

To make it case-insensitive, add this code[*]:
Code:
  local function nocase (s)
    s = string.gsub(s, "%a", function (c)
          return "[" .. string.lower(c) .. string.upper(c) .. "]"
        end)
    return s
  end

searchStr = nocase(searchStr)
after this line:

Code:
  local searchStr = GUI.Val("tb_filterRecentProjects")
---

*: (Shamelessly and absent-mindedly copy-pasted from Roberto Ierusalimschy's book "Programming in Lua, Fourth Edition").
emarsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 07:11 AM   #55
_Stevie_

@emarsk: awesome!

@solger: the script is now as responsive in Windows as in OSX, thanks!
Old 07-12-2018, 08:59 AM   #56
solger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokasenna
Edit: Figured it out. The filter is case sensitive - the easiest solution would be to use string.lower("My Project") on both sides of the comparison.
Quote:
Originally Posted by emarsk View Post
+1

Case-sensitive searches are usually the wrong choice.

To make it case-insensitive, add this code[*]:
Code:
  local function nocase (s)
    s = string.gsub(s, "%a", function (c)
          return "[" .. string.lower(c) .. string.upper(c) .. "]"
        end)
    return s
  end

searchStr = nocase(searchStr)
after this line:

Code:
  local searchStr = GUI.Val("tb_filterRecentProjects")
---

*: (Shamelessly and absent-mindedly copy-pasted from Roberto Ierusalimschy's book "Programming in Lua, Fourth Edition").
Cool, thanks. Will have a look at this on the weekend.

As a side note: Yeah, the Case-Sensitive version is/was basically just a quick way (at that time) to test the first implementation

Last edited by solger; 07-12-2018 at 09:29 AM.
Old 07-12-2018, 09:05 AM   #57
solger

Quote:
@solger: the script is now as responsive in Windows as in OSX, thanks!
Great. Thanks for the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur McArthur View Post
Hi solger, this script looks awesome. I have a couple of requests for it:

A filter to only show the most recent version of projects. I save new versions a lot, so my recent project list ends up looking like: "project_55", "project_44", etc. It would be really useful to just show the latest version: project_55 and hide project_1 to project_54. I would use this setting as the default if you could implement it

A button for "New project (ignore default template)"

A larger vertical GUI size would be helpful too, to show more projects at the same time

Many thanks for this!
Added to the wish list
Old 07-12-2018, 09:16 AM   #58
solger

Quote:
... I think, the line of the code is the same as in the old version:

Thanks for the update. Will have a look if I can find out what might be causing the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokasenna View Post
Also, not sure if you changed anything here, but Default/Asc/Desc does absolutely nothing now.
Strange. Seems to still work here. I haven't really changed anything which should affect the Sort function (in comparison to the previous version) ...

How many entries do you have (roughly) in the list currently? (So I can test this here again with the same number).

Last edited by solger; 07-12-2018 at 09:26 AM.
Old 07-12-2018, 09:30 AM   #59
Lokasenna

50ish.

For that popen error, it might be worth splitting to two lines so you can check and print the returned error value.
Old 07-13-2018, 11:41 AM   #60
akademie

Could anybody confirm, that maybe "io.popen" function does not work in x86 version of Reaper (32bit), please?

..because I found a thread where it seems like that: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=166043
Old 07-13-2018, 11:58 AM   #61
Lokasenna

I'm seeing a few threads confirming it. Some other Googling suggests it might be a Windows issue; not sure.

Can you use these?
reaper.EnumerateFiles( path, fileindex )
reaper.EnumerateSubdirectories( path, subdirindex )
Old 07-13-2018, 12:09 PM   #62
solger

Quote:
Could anybody confirm, that maybe "io.popen" function does not work in x86 version of Reaper (32bit), please?
Yes, I can confirm this. I only had a quick look so far, but I have the same issue here when testing this with a Reaper 32-bit version (on Windows 64-bit).
I'll see if I can get an alternative solution working for this on the weekend and will report back.

EDIT: I just took a quick look and it seems like using reaper.EnumerateFiles is working on Reaper 32-bit. I'll do some further testing and include this in the next update ...

Last edited by solger; 07-13-2018 at 01:10 PM.
Old 07-13-2018, 01:21 PM   #63
akademie

Quote:
Yes, I can confirm this. I only had a quick look so far, but I have the same issue here when testing this with a Reaper 32-bit version (on Windows 64-bit).
I'll see if I can get an alternative solution working for this on the weekend and will report back.

EDIT: I just took a quick look and it seems like using reaper.EnumerateFiles is working on Reaper 32-bit. I'll do some further testing and include this in the next update ...
Thank you both, Lokasenna and solger, for confirming it. I spend a lot of time trying various configurations systems and Reaper installations with still the same bad result, which made me mad :-)

And thanks solger for trying to use diferent functions to make it work on x86.

BTW, Lokasenna, while testing on another computer I found that the "Core.lua" is not working in Windows XP or when ReaPack is not installed, maybe (cannot tell which one cause the problem).
Core.lua:34: attempt to call a nil value (field 'ReaPack_GetOwner')
"local package, err = reaper.ReaPack_GetOwner(file)"
and
Core.lua:38: attempt to call a nil value (field 'ReaPack_GetEntryInfo')
"local ret, repo, cat, pkg, desc, type, ver, author, pinned, fileCount = reaper.ReaPack_GetEntryInfo(package)"
Old 07-13-2018, 01:33 PM   #64
Lokasenna

That's a ReaPack issue, certainly. Does ReaPack exist on XP?

Regardless, I'll look at a fix so it at least doesn't crash. That section is just for displaying the GUI version number number anyway.
Old 07-13-2018, 02:10 PM   #65
akademie

Quote:
That's a ReaPack issue, certainly. Does ReaPack exist on XP?

Regardless, I'll look at a fix so it at least doesn't crash. That section is just for displaying the GUI version number number anyway.
No, I don't have ReaPack installed on the XP machine and I think that underlaying connection technology is not working in XP.
Old 07-15-2018, 08:17 AM   #66
solger

New version available.
Quote:
version 0.1.3
+ filter is now case-insensitive
+ last window pin state (pinned/unpinned) is now remembered
+ last openend tab is now remembered
+ added 'New project (ignore default template)' button
+ code improvements for switching back to 'Most recent' sort option
+ adjustable window size (experimental) - requires restart of ReaLauncher afterwards
+ adapted file reading function for Reaper 32-bit compatibility
@akademie: let me know if it's working now with Reaper 32-bit on your side
Old 07-15-2018, 08:54 AM   #67
Lokasenna

Looking good.

- Solved that issue with sorting. You have it sort when the menubox gets a mousedown event, but not mousewheel. Just need to add:
Code:
function GUI.elms.menu_sort:onwheel()
  if (noRecentProjects == false) then
    GUI.Menubox.onwheel(self)
    UpdateSortMode()
  end
end
- It's not at all clear that the checkbox is for window state, or what the X button does. You might want to either label them or use .tooltip to make them say something on hover.

- There's a global hook for window resizing if you want. It's set just like GUI.Main:
Code:
GUI.onresize = function()
-- resize everything
end
- Found another Listbox issue on my end; the list was displaying all nil when dragging the scrollbar with the mouse. Fixing shortly.
Old 07-15-2018, 09:15 AM   #68
solger

Quote:
- Solved that issue with sorting. You have it sort when the menubox gets a mousedown event, but not mousewheel. Just need to add:
Code:
function GUI.elms.menu_sort:onwheel()
  if (noRecentProjects == false) then
    GUI.Menubox.onwheel(self)
    UpdateSortMode()
  end
end
Thanks. I totally overlooked that you can also use the mousewheel in this case

Quote:
- It's not at all clear that the checkbox is for window state, or what the X button does. You might want to either label them or use .tooltip to make them say something on hover.
Yeah, adding tooltips is already on my To Do list

The [X] button currently only removes all selections from the Listbox (previously it mainly disabled the filter, as well).
But since the Filter function is now working differently, this button will be most likely either removed in one of the next updates or used for a different function ...

Quote:
- There's a global hook for window resizing if you want. It's set just like GUI.Main:
Code:
GUI.onresize = function()
-- resize everything
end
I already tried some things using the .onresize function, but couldn't get it to work correctly yet.
But this is something I'll investigate further for the next update ...

Quote:
- Found another Listbox issue on my end; the list was displaying all nil when dragging the scrollbar with the mouse. Fixing shortly.
Cool, thanks.

Last edited by solger; 07-15-2018 at 09:29 AM.
Old 07-16-2018, 03:24 AM   #69
akademie

Quote:
New version available.

@akademie: let me know if it's working now with Reaper 32-bit on your side
Great solger, this version works on 32bit Win7/Reaper and even on Win XP system :-)
Thanks.

One bug I think, the Project templates lists RPP files, but loading them ends with error: There was an error opening the project "AAABBB.RPP". (Track templates are inserting OK).
When I was looking in IDE, the TrackTemplate files are with full path, but ProjectTemplate files are only as filename... Maybe this is problem?

Also a FR:
1) Adding a button to refresh lists would be fine. Now it needs to close and re-run the script when window is opened and you save templates in background...
2) The checkbox in the upper-right corner could have a text like "Do not close the window.."

Last edited by akademie; 07-16-2018 at 05:32 AM. Reason: spelling correction
Old 07-16-2018, 09:06 AM   #70
solger

Quote:
Great solger, this version works on 32bit Win7/Reaper and even on Win XP system :-)
Thanks.
Great to hear that it's working now
Quote:
One bug I think, the Project templates lists RPP files, but loading them ends with error: There was an error opening the project "AAABBB.RPP". (Track templates are inserting OK).
Thanks for the info. I'll check this.

Quote:
Also a FR: 1) Adding a button to refresh lists would be fine. Now it needs to close and re-run the script when window is opened and you save templates in background...
Added to the wish list.

Quote:
2) The checkbox in the upper-right corner could have a text like "Do not close the window.."
Adding labels/tooltips is already on my to do list.
Old 07-16-2018, 09:30 AM   #71
solger

Quote:
When I was looking in IDE, the TrackTemplate files are with full path, but ProjectTemplate files are only as filename... Maybe this is problem?
OK. I had a quick look and I somehow overlooked to update another section for the 32-bit version, as well. Will be fixed.

If you want to edit some lines yourself to get it working in the meantime:

Go to line 249 (in the FillProjectTemplateListBox() function) and delete all crossed-out lines from the following section:
Quote:
249: if reaper.GetOS():find("OSX") then
250: projectTemplateItems[projectTemplates[i]] = projectTemplatePath .. "/" .. filename
251: else
252: projectTemplateItems[projectTemplates[i]] = projectTemplateFiles[i]
253: end
Only keep the bold code line (250):
Quote:
projectTemplateItems[projectTemplates[i]] = projectTemplatePath .. "/" .. filename

Last edited by solger; 07-16-2018 at 10:01 AM.
Old 07-17-2018, 02:38 AM   #72
akademie

Quote:
OK. I had a quick look and I somehow overlooked to update another section for the 32-bit version, as well. Will be fixed.

If you want to edit some lines yourself to get it working in the meantime:

Go to line 249 (in the FillProjectTemplateListBox() function) and delete all crossed-out lines from the following section:

Only keep the bold code line (250):
Thank you solger, I will try to modify script.

EDIT: Yes, with that modification it is working.
Thank you for the nice launcher screen :-)

Last edited by akademie; 07-17-2018 at 04:57 AM. Reason: Result of modification added
Old 07-17-2018, 02:42 AM   #73
DaveKeehl

I have 2 feature requests.

1) a browse button that let me browse in my pc for the project I want to open.

2) ReaLauncher to stay open when I click on "new tab"
Old 07-17-2018, 05:45 AM   #74
akademie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveKeehl View Post
I have 2 feature requests.

1) a browse button that let me browse in my pc for the project I want to open.

2) ReaLauncher to stay open when I click on "new tab"
Hi DaveKeehl,
to your second FR - there is already small rectangle (box) in the right upper corner, which can be checked as "Do not close the window". Then it will stay open even when you perform some action from there. Try it.
Old 07-17-2018, 06:04 AM   #75
DaveKeehl

Quote:
Hi DaveKeehl,
to your second FR - there is already small rectangle (box) in the right upper corner, which can be checked as "Do not close the window". Then it will stay open even when you perform some action from there. Try it.
Oooops
Old 07-17-2018, 08:15 AM   #76
solger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveKeehl View Post
... feature requests.
a browse button that let me browse in my pc for the project I want to open.
Added to the wish list
Old 07-17-2018, 08:17 AM   #77
DaveKeehl

yay!
Old 07-23-2018, 08:48 AM   #78
solger

New version available with some additional features
Quote:
version 0.1.4
+ Added [R] Refresh Buttons for each Listbox
+ Added MenuBox to toggle full file paths
+ Added [Open in Explorer/Finder] Button to open the location of the selected file
+ Added [Options] tab (currently for managing additional custom folder paths of Project Templates, Track Templates and Projects)
+ Sort options are now split into two MenuBoxes
+ Experimental: First implementation of [Projects] tab added (folder path is set in the Options tab)
+ Added Tooltips
+ Fixed another file loading issue with Reaper 32-bit
Old 07-23-2018, 11:56 AM   #79
_Stevie_

Fantastic update, thanks for that!
Old 07-23-2018, 12:50 PM   #80
Tim Rideout

Quote:
New version available with some additional features
My. God. better and better - thank you *SO* much!