Old 07-23-2017, 02:56 PM   #1
BRBWaffles
Human being with feelings

Default Docking a single FX

Is there any way to dock a single plugin? You can dock the FX chain window, but I'm looking to dock just the plugin itself.
BRBWaffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 07:40 AM   #2
Bri1
Banned

Quote:
Is there any way to dock a single plugin? You can dock the FX chain window, but I'm looking to dock just the plugin itself.
Eyyllo- yea well there is something that can be done about that--use multiple dockers--they can be placed all round the interface.
I really like using tabbed dockers.
There is also quite a koolio lickle trick you can do with the toolbar docker-it will remove the header from reaeq + vst's etc -and!!> you can even make them plugs transparent!! yes-see thru vst. =)
Bri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 07:53 AM   #3
BRBWaffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri1 View Post
Eyyllo- yea well there is something that can be done about that--use multiple dockers--they can be placed all round the interface.
I really like using tabbed dockers.
There is also quite a koolio lickle trick you can do with the toolbar docker-it will remove the header from reaeq + vst's etc -and!!> you can even make them plugs transparent!! yes-see thru vst. =)
I'm using multiple tabbed dockers at the moment. I'm a bit confused about how I attach a single vst to any docker. Right-clicking on the vst window gives no docking options.
BRBWaffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 03:28 PM   #4
Bri1
Banned

Quote:
I'm a bit confused about how I attach a single vst to any docker. Right-clicking on the vst window gives no docking options.
Lol-I know just what you mean. ! It's all simplacomplifuable!!
Reaper is an amazing bit of software but maaaaaan it makes my head hurt some days-- learning all new ways of doing audio and video__is not always straightforward- there seems no end of hurdles to trip people up,even for experienced audio/video ~editors~..

The thing with dockers is there's not just 1-it appears there be many different ways to dock stuff-it's difficult to put into words sometimes= the actions speak louder.
You can do this with video,master mixer etc-ghosting elements--which I think is sweet as a nut m8.

Try this vid I scrambled together as a demo of what's suggested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OVg...ature=youtu.be

^If you see** the plugin can still be used while toolbar is floating+overlayed...blaaaarrh blaahhh..
Bri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 04:14 PM   #5
karbomusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRBWaffles View Post
Not that I know of.