Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 07-24-2017, 10:22 AM   #1
jamie rustic
Human being with feelings

Default add other song's media to pre-mixed project template

hello:

im hoping users may have some insight on how best, and most efficiently, to apply media from another song to a templated project. more details...

i recorded three songs with a band in one session. all have the same instruments recorded and (mostly) the same configuration of vox/bgvs. there are several takes for each song, done in lanes. each song, along with its .wavs, repeaks, etc., is saved into its own directory within the overall band session folder. i mixed the first song and would like to use that mix setup as a template for the other songs. also, i have saved that song minus media items as a template.

what is the most efficient way to move all of the content from each of the other two songs into a copy the first project to use its mix settings/plugins/etc., while keeping the multiple takes from the session?

kinda complicated, but id appreciate any thoughts.

thanks, jr

Last edited by jamie rustic; 07-24-2017 at 10:36 AM. Reason: clarity
jamie rustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 04:37 PM   #2
jamie rustic

actually a pretty simple fix, i found.

open both projects as tabs and copy and paste from one project to the other. as long as the target project is in the same directory as the source folder, and its media, no media copy/move necessary.

jr
jamie rustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 08:32 PM   #3
foxAsteria

You don't really need projects that share resources to be in the same folder. It's better in many ways to keep projects in their own folders, so they're easier to manage. When you save, there are options for dealing with any shared media at the bottom of the window.

Also there's a feature in Project Bay to save the contents (e.g. source media) Then you can open the saved Bay in another project with the same contents available.