Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Old 06-15-2013, 11:33 AM   #1
Seventh
Human being with feelings

Default Question about folder indent overlapping the tcp bg

In my theme I have a thin white line around the tcp_bgsel to indicate a selected track. This gets cut off though when folder indents come into play.

Is there anyway to offset the point where the drawing of tcp_bgsel begins, so I could add a margin to make the white line visible again?
Attached Images
File Type: png tcpsel edge.png (9.9 KB, 699 views)
Seventh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 01:37 PM   #2
_jon

+1 for better control of tcp_bg folder indentation.
_jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 04:23 AM   #3
Eliseat

You should post a version of your tcp_bgsel.png because this doesn't happen here no matter what kind of line a paint around it. Did you delete the pink indicator line? Or did you change something belonging to the indent? Or did you change the size of the tcp_bgsel.png?

I have to correct me. If I go deeper into folders it shifts to the left and gets out of the view too. Lets think about it.

Last edited by Eliseat; 11-19-2018 at 04:28 AM.
Eliseat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 04:40 AM   #4
Eliseat

The problem is that the folder_indent.png has no stretch indicators. So it gets looped or tiled instead of stretched like the tcp_bgsel.png for instance. And I guess this has to be defined in the code if or if not an image is allowed to stretch.

But I'm pretty sure someone can explain how to do so.
Eliseat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 06:42 AM   #5
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Please allow me to introduce you to the #1 tool of every TCP hack: The track index element.

tcp.trackidx
tcp.trackidx.margin ..are the walter
tcp_idxbg
tcp_idxbg_sel ..are the images

It is unique amongst TCP elements because it is the only one that has ALL the following properties:
  • Its a non-interactive element, so if you stretch it and push it wherever you like on your TCP panel, the user will never know.
  • It has selected and unselected image states, which Reaper takes care of so you don't have to think about it.
  • It supports pink lines and transparency, so if you get creative it can appear to be in one small place when it could conceivably be, in reality, much bigger.
  • It has margin walter for its text readout, so once you've done something nuts with its size, you can then add the corresponding margins to push the text where you want it to appear.

A huge range of cool things people do on the TCP would be impossible if it were not for all the naughty things you can do with this element.

In your case:
  1. Remove the white border from the left edge of your tcp bg sel, we're going to fake it.
  2. Make idx bg sel have the white border along its left edge, and walter it to stretch to fill the vertical height of the entire TCP panel.
  3. Position trackidx horizontally using folderdepth so that the left hand white border is now where you want it.
  4. That should all work great, but now your track idx text will be somewhere silly. Use its margin walter to push it where is supposed to appear to be.
Enjoy!
Old 11-19-2018, 08:28 AM   #6
_jon

Brilliant! Thank you White Tie.
_jon is offline   Reply With Quote