Old 05-15-2022, 01:02 AM   #1
grinder
Human being with feelings

Default New track "I Loved that Girl"

A new track from Grinder
I just placed a song recently on Soundcloud, a Blues song more a positive blues.
Moves along at a pace has it's roots in reality.
Hope you listen I am not a good engineer...

"I Loved That Girl"

https://soundcloud.com/steve-maitland-1

Best

Grinder
grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 01:58 PM   #2
Stinger

Honky-tonkin' Man!! Love the bar room piano, but also the octived guitar lead, Wes Montgomery style. Maybe add a little of a bang as an ending?? Good job, Grinder.
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 02:49 PM   #3
grinder

Well thank you Stinger!
The lead is a Gibson 335 and a Tokai I forget the number it has.
The underlying lead is the 335 pretty plain.
The Honky is Omnisphere freely played.

It is an idea to end it different I may be back with that.
Thanks for your input Stinger.

Grinder
Old 05-30-2022, 03:33 AM   #4
41TWIN

Sounds like Elvis!!! Good job. My favorite was the bass. I like hoe a lot of the bass lines mived but they seemed a but different run than typical. Good job in that. What kind of piano are u using and what mics?

Im still learning how to be a good recording engineer too, so tgis is not a criticism. Just sone thoughts. Some high passing MIGHT help with some clarity in your mix. likely the bass. I uaually high lass at 50 ish. sometimes a bit higher or a bit lower depending on what im thinking the dong needs. and then you can high pass all the tracks to get rid of a bit of mud. if u did that already, sorry for saying something u may have already done.

Good job and keep it up. I think with each sing i get a bit better with my mixes. but having feedback or instruction from youtube, here, and other people that have been down the road helps.
41TWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 06:21 PM   #5
grinder

All good 41win

Thanks for your knowledge I have just started to get better and slowly more
ability to mix sounds, you would think after many many years it would be easy for a person who has played guitar for about 56 years not so here.
Some of the gigs I played for many years often went on over night starting at 7:PM
and finishing after 6:AM
The bass
This is self played, that is my Fender P Bass, love it to bits it is a soul thing.
I like changing my bass a little to give a gradual strength and twist which also stops the monotony and tells a story.
I think in most music the bass reigns supreme.
The Honky tonk is Omnisphere.
I played this, I seem to have a thing for this and the Hammond although I have never learnt.
I love piano so much character in a piano.
I have BFD3 and Superior 2 that was BFD3 for the drums.
I will think about updating my song with a big end so will High Pass the bass a bit and see what happens.
This said I did another mix after I put this copy into Sound Cloud and that was so radio ready.

A new song is in the works for me I will do this one in F# why? my voice has a natural tendency to hit F# if I open my mouth! I have waited a long time to hear
whether this will show as the best key for me to sing in!
Thank you both for having a listen.

Grinder
Old 06-02-2022, 09:42 AM   #6
41TWIN

u get a medal for putting up with all my typos. SORRY! stupid phones. im better at typing on a laptop but use my phone a lot.

i love my p too. i have a 1996 fender mexican. it just works. i play it in a country band that gigs. but i have a squier cv jazz that i like the sounds too. it doesnt feel quite as good as the p but it has some qualities.

recording is an entirely different set of skills than playing and dinking with tone through amps. a whole new rabbit hole for me. lol. while still trying to hone playing skills too.
41TWIN is offline   Reply With Quote