Old 01-23-2021, 01:19 PM   #1
storminheaven
Human being with feelings

Default Samplers or plugin?

Good Evening, I want to have a go at sampling I've had a quick look what's available and have seen some standalone samplers like volca sample or akai mpx8, my main needs are to build beats like nas ilmatic,the chronic or dj shadow, uncle and some drum and bass, goldie Adam f.. I quite like the idea of having a,physical box to play with, with knows and buttons but for around 80quid/100 dollars would there be a more powerful plugin for the same money that I could buy? As I'm new to sampling I don't want to spend a load of money on something like kontact, until I have got more skill at sampling, as it seems quite confusing at this point, I saw the "tal" plugin that is also a good synthesiser apparently.. Ile probably go with the volca but it would be handy to have sd card as I will be using a,lot of my own samples from a,live drum kit and bass etc so any ideas would be great, thanks
Old 01-26-2021, 10:38 PM   #2
C-H
Human being with feelings

It kind of depends what style of sampling you're looking for.
The 'TAL Sampler' is really great for 'old school' sampling (if you get what I mean). It's not good for creating Gb sized sample libraries but it's tons of fun for looping slicing simpler sampler sets.
$65'ish isn't much for the level of fun you get.