Old 01-30-2017, 08:32 AM   #2201
lb0
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur McArthur View Post
Hi Leon,

I'm getting an "LBX Stripper.lua:333: attempt to get length of a nil value (local 'tables')" error on opening Stripper- just started happening out of the blue.
Hi Arthur,

Did you manage to resolve the problem you were having? If not - I can create a debug version for you to find out which file is the culprit. It's definitely a data file that's causing the issue - so won't be too hard to code something to tell you which one.

Let me know,
Leon.
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 12:43 PM   #2202
Arthur McArthur

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Hi Arthur,

Did you manage to resolve the problem you were having? If not - I can create a debug version for you to find out which file is the culprit. It's definitely a data file that's causing the issue - so won't be too hard to code something to tell you which one.

Let me know,
Leon.
Hi Leon- so I found out it's my default strip that was causing it to crash. I'll email it to you so you can have a look. Thanks!
Arthur McArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 04:21 PM   #2203
lb0

EQ Control mk1 complete - save for bug finding

boring vid on how to use it (ish - i made a few mistakes and had a few blank moments - but can't be bothered to do it again just yet)...

https://youtu.be/YIic9n9VKwM

Basically - use a full freq spectrum band to get the main Default grid. Then set it as default and all subsequent eq's will use that grid as default.

Probably forgot to show a few things - but mostly I hope you will get the gist!

I'm probably off to bed now - so bugs will be dealt with tomorrow.
Old 01-31-2017, 02:36 AM   #2204
timbralzoom

while trying ReaEQ noob-ish-ly
select Gain parameter(s):
...LBX\LBX Stripper.lua:5569: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 02:53 AM   #2205
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
while trying ReaEQ noob-ish-ly
select Gain parameter(s):
...LBX\LBX Stripper.lua:5569: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value
I uploaded an update 20 minutes ago or so - which may have sorted that one I think.

If the update doesn't fix - can you describe exactly what you did please?

Old 01-31-2017, 03:08 AM   #2206
timbralzoom

Quote:
I uploaded an update 20 minutes ago or so - which may have sorted that one I think.

If the update doesn't fix - can you describe exactly what you did please?

this was the first one:

after update:

Old 01-31-2017, 03:12 AM   #2207
lb0

Quote:
this was the first one:
Ah - curse ReaEQ and it's -inf value...

will update

Actually - don't even use ReaEQ with EQ Control - it does not play nicely at all thanks to its non-linear gain values. Every other EQ I've tried works fine - Nebula (various), Equalize, MAutoEQ, Hoser XT, SonEQ Pro - but not ReaEQ. I will fix it so it won't crash - but I cannot get it to work smoothly (the gain values do not detect properly, and the knobs and fine control make the 'dot' go crazy!!)

I will see if I can improve things - but like the volume controls in Reaper - they won't be perfect.

Last edited by lb0; 01-31-2017 at 03:25 AM.
Old 01-31-2017, 03:42 AM   #2208
timbralzoom

Quote:
Ah - curse ReaEQ and it's -inf value...

will update

Actually - don't even use ReaEQ with EQ Control - it does not play nicely at all thanks to its non-linear gain values. Every other EQ I've tried works fine - Nebula (various), Equalize, MAutoEQ, Hoser XT, SonEQ Pro - but not ReaEQ. I will fix it so it won't crash - but I cannot get it to work smoothly (the gain values do not detect properly, and the knobs and fine control make the 'dot' go crazy!!)

I will see if I can improve things - but like the volume controls in Reaper - they won't be perfect.
i was just messing around,
not that i want to use ReaEQ
to me nothing serious in this case.
Old 01-31-2017, 04:35 AM   #2209
lb0

Quote:
i was just messing around,
not that i want to use ReaEQ
to me nothing serious in this case.
Well - the update does address the crash with ReaEQ, but doesn't address the strange behaviour. You can't even generate the default graph nicely due to its non-linearity.

I might be able to improve things in the future - as I plan sometime to use a better detection algorithm to align frequency and gain positions more accurately - but it's a bit of a maths headache which I know what to do - but will take some time - so not yet.

But the EQ Control is mainly for piecing together Nebula EQs, and maybe other EQs where you might want to mix and match favourite bands (say you really like the HPF/LPF filters in one EQ, and the mid bands from another, and the hi bands from another etc.

Another thing I should mention - it does work ok with stepped frequency band EQs (Nebula and algo EQs sometimes both have these) - but the alignment won't likely work perfectly. Another thing to be addressed - but it should work ok nonetheless.

For an EQ like Magenta - which has boosts and cuts (but not combined) - you may require to INVERT the gain and adjust the gain max/min sliders manually for cuts.

The shift mouse-modifier separates the parallel movement for max and min gain settings for a band, and also combines the left/right drag for frequency max/min settings. This seemed most intuitive to me.
Old 01-31-2017, 05:11 AM   #2210
babiuk

I just discovered this thing, I will have to study deeply because it looks like wonderful.
Anyway I have a fast question which came to my mind at speedlight:

Is possible to use this for a buss and include on it the send knobs/faders of the channels which are sent to this bus?

I mean this way I could send all tracks to a stereo final bus and create this tool for it so I have a big window showing the tracks faders/knobs(being these really the sends who feed the bus) and everything it is possible to add into. It would be a new window like a console, customizing graphics so it looks like a real console.

Thanks!!
babiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 05:21 AM   #2211
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by babiuk View Post
I just discovered this thing, I will have to study deeply because it looks like wonderful.

Is possible to use this for a buss and include on it the send knobs/faders of the channels which are sent to this bus?

I mean this way I could send all tracks to a stereo final bus and create this tool for it so I have a big window showing the tracks faders/knobs(being these really the sends who feed the bus) and everything it is possible to add into. It would be a new window like a console, customizing graphics so it looks like a real console.

Thanks!!
If I understand you correctly then yes you can.

Select the buss track in Stripper. Then in TR PARAM edit mode you would need to select the sending tracks in the track chooser - and drag the volume parameters in.

Timbralzoom has done a video showing this ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51Wn3NxfSCQ

Be aware though that adding and removing sends can play havoc with Stripper's identification of the correct sends on a track - so it is best to set up all the sends first for a track before adding them into Stripper.

If I can come up with a better way of identifying a send so confusion doesn't occur - then I will.
Old 01-31-2017, 05:23 AM   #2212
timbralzoom

Quote:

Thanks!!
Hi,
simply yes! and here is basic how to:

btw. as a plus note...video is old...
now we have Browser for the selecting images for the knobs sliders etc.
so just click to preview knob to open Browser, double click to select the graphic that you like and finally press to "SET" in the inspector.

@ Leon,
just saw the Project name addition while creating this, Thank you so much!
Behind The Console:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5xfw8Cqedc

EDIT: ops to late..now i am sure i am not young anymore

Last edited by timbralzoom; 01-31-2017 at 05:30 AM.
Old 01-31-2017, 07:05 AM   #2213
dasombre

wow Ib0, the new addition looks great.
I saw something called "macro" in your "engine" browser too

Woohoooo! Thanks a lot for your amazing work!
dasombre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 08:13 AM   #2214
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasombre View Post
wow Ib0, the new addition looks great.
I saw something called "macro" in your "engine" browser too

Woohoooo! Thanks a lot for your amazing work!
aaah - multi- forum posting can get confusing

Macro controls is there but other than learning controls it doesn't do anything.

I'm currently working on the editing for parameters bit. Shouldn't take too long - then transfer functions and bug fixes - should be ready... few days maybe... possibly a week - depends on the rest of my workload and family etc...
Old 01-31-2017, 08:28 AM   #2215
babiuk

Quote:
Hi,
simply yes! and here is basic how to:

btw. as a plus note...video is old...
now we have Browser for the selecting images for the knobs sliders etc.
so just click to preview knob to open Browser, double click to select the graphic that you like and finally press to "SET" in the inspector.

@ Leon,
just saw the Project name addition while creating this, Thank you so much!
Behind The Console:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5xfw8Cqedc

EDIT: ops to late..now i am sure i am not young anymore
Thanks, Timbralzoom!!!
I will take a look on this as soon as I can, it is very exciting
Old 01-31-2017, 09:35 AM   #2216
dasombre

Quote:
aaah - multi- forum posting can get confusing

Macro controls is there but other than learning controls it doesn't do anything.

I'm currently working on the editing for parameters bit. Shouldn't take too long - then transfer functions and bug fixes - should be ready... few days maybe... possibly a week - depends on the rest of my workload and family etc...
simply wow, can't wait for it, but don't let that stress you
Haha,you're right regarding multi-forum-posts. I just wanted to let the other users know about LBX Stripper.
The Reaper-Forum is my main-forum usually

Thanks a lot for the insights regarding macros! Very much looking forward!
Old 02-01-2017, 04:37 AM   #2217
babiuk

".../Application Support/REAPER/Scripts/LBX/LBX Stripper.lua:3843: attempt to index a nil value (field '?')"

I just found the same error a user reported recently when I was trying to browse for knobs, I installed the new version and it keeps on faulting on two things: I put a knob for volume on the pannel and when I click on the knob image(at the right menu)for browse it opens a kind of browser at the center of the screen but it does not work, it does nothing so I go to the right pannel where knob and features(scale, show name, show value...)are shown and I try to select different images for the knob, if I use >> or << arrows it show the different images but if I use the mouse wheel the error appears and I have to close the lbx.

EDIT: the error is again when I try to change the name for knob on EDIT NAME
Old 02-01-2017, 04:46 AM   #2218
lb0

Quote:
".../Application Support/REAPER/Scripts/LBX/LBX Stripper.lua:3843: attempt to index a nil value (field '?')"

I just found the same error a user reported recently when I was trying to browse for knobs, I installed the new version and it keeps on faulting on two things: I put a knob for volume on the pannel and when I click on the knob image(at the right menu)for browse it opens a kind of browser at the center of the screen but it does not work, it does nothing so I go to the right pannel where knob and features(scale, show name, show value...)are shown and I try to select different images for the knob, if I use >> or << arrows it show the different images but if I use the mouse wheel the error appears and I have to close the lbx.

Thanks for the report - I will try to recreate the error.

Quick question - are you just using the LBXCS_resources as they download from Github. You haven't added any new controls images to controls folder or anything?
Old 02-01-2017, 04:57 AM   #2219
lb0

Quote:

Well - I've just downloaded the resources zip file from github and run 'vanilla' stripper and all working fine here.

Can I just ask - when you downloaded from github - did you download everything as RAW?

This is a requirement - or things won't work properly.

Secondly - are all the resources folders in the correct place?

Can you let me know the exact location of the LBXCS_resources folder and its contents on your hard drive.

Thanks,
Old 02-01-2017, 05:35 AM   #2220
babiuk

thanks for replying,
I downloaded the resouces zip and I did it as you described, and the script is download from mozilla as "LBX Stripper.lua" as the video described about the RJHollins idea. The place is "/Users/macuser/Library/Application Support/REAPER/Scripts/LBX", there I have just the script file and the resources folder, everything seems to be right placed because it opens till that point.

Of course maybe I am doing something wrong but I can not discover it
Old 02-01-2017, 05:41 AM   #2221
lb0

Quote:
thanks for replying,
I downloaded the resouces zip and I did it as you described, and the script is download from mozilla as "LBX Stripper.lua" as the video described about the RJHollins idea. The place is "/Users/macuser/Library/Application Support/REAPER/Scripts/LBX", there I have just the script file and the resources folder, everything seems to be right placed because it opens till that point.

Of course maybe I am doing something wrong but I can not discover it
Ok - that all sounds good.

When you mention the control browser doesn't work - what exactly is it doing (or not doing)? Does it show any controls in it?
Old 02-01-2017, 05:50 AM   #2222
babiuk

I mean when I click on the knob image on the pannel, then a right menu appears, then I click the knob image over the SET text on the right and a new menu appears at the center of the pannel with a list of rows saying CONTROL BROWSER, ALL, KNOBS... but this pannel has a floating thing over it which is a sequence like this: "<< . >>" which does not allow to acces to the menu behind so I just can go to the right menu and select image clicking the << or >> arrows and then clicking SET, all the time the center menu thing is shown and when I click on EDIT MODE to go to LIVE MODE it disappears from the pannel
Old 02-01-2017, 05:53 AM   #2223
babiuk

It maybe would be easier(and more useful, so we can avoid my misunderstanding of it) if I could make a video of it but I never did it before, is there any easy way to do it so you can see it yourself?

Last edited by babiuk; 02-01-2017 at 05:59 AM.
Old 02-01-2017, 06:13 AM   #2224
lb0

Quote:
I mean when I click on the knob image on the pannel, then a right menu appears, then I click the knob image over the SET text on the right and a new menu appears at the center of the pannel with a list of rows saying CONTROL BROWSER, ALL, KNOBS... but this pannel has a floating thing over it which is a sequence like this: "<< . >>" which does not allow to acces to the menu behind so I just can go to the right menu and select image clicking the << or >> arrows and then clicking SET, all the time the center menu thing is shown and when I click on EDIT MODE to go to LIVE MODE it disappears from the pannel
It sounds a bit like you have the script window too small. Can you make it any larger? (drag the corner) - as some of the panels at the moment don't display too well when small.

Do you have the window docked? When editing - I would say work with the window undocked.

But if not - and this doesn't explain the nil value error - a video might be useful.

You can use Lice_cap from Cockos to create a gif type image - which you can then host on dropbox or similar.

I use OBS Studio for creating proper screen capture videos - it's free and works for me (I'm on PC though).
Old 02-01-2017, 07:35 AM   #2225
timbralzoom

Quote:
if i understand correctly,
you do not need to access to the menu behind it,
select the graphic (double click) Browser will close automatically and then press to SET.
Old 02-01-2017, 10:23 AM   #2226
Vincent Sermonne
Petit manitou

Default EQ engine

It work only with nebula ? The scrip Crash with my others EQ. Voxengo GlissEq and the JS eq don't want to work with it ...or it's me. Maybe I don't understood how to use it... In this case it could be a little bit more intuitiv
Old 02-01-2017, 01:06 PM   #2227
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Sermonne View Post
It work only with nebula ? The scrip Crash with my others EQ. Voxengo GlissEq and the JS eq don't want to work with it ...or it's me. Maybe I don't understood how to use it... In this case it could be a little bit more intuitiv
Erm - works with everything I've tried with it (Although ReaEQ doesn't play nice) - what was the exact error ?
Old 02-01-2017, 01:16 PM   #2228
Vincent Sermonne
Petit manitou

Code:
...cent\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\Scripts\LBX\LBX Stripper.lua:14643: attempt to compare number with nil
I have this message when I add the eq:

Maybe I have to look at the implementation in more detail. I will watch the video again
Old 02-01-2017, 01:28 PM   #2229
lb0

Quote:
Code:
...cent\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\Scripts\LBX\LBX Stripper.lua:14643: attempt to compare number with nil

Maybe I have to look at the implementation in more detail. I will watch the video again
No you're doing it right - I'll see if I can spot the issue.
Old 02-01-2017, 01:33 PM   #2230
lb0

Quote:
Code:

Ok - that error should be fixed - sorry - my fault !!

The EQ folder will be empty until you save some complete EQs.

Also - don't be alarmed if when calculating the freq/gain graph - the gui might freeze. Just give it time to complete - it sometimes freezes graphic updates :/
Old 02-01-2017, 01:35 PM   #2231
RJHollins

Testing the lastest EQEngine, getting the error:

...m Files\Reaper 5 [portable]\Scripts\LBX\LBX Stripper.lua:14643: attempt to compare number with nil
RJHollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 01:37 PM   #2232
Vincent Sermonne
Petit manitou

10 mn ! you are awesome !
Old 02-01-2017, 01:39 PM   #2233
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
Testing the lastest EQEngine, getting the error:

...m Files\Reaper 5 [portable]\Scripts\LBX\LBX Stripper.lua:14643: attempt to compare number with nil
fixed Vincent reported same error.

Simple cock up by me!! :/
Old 02-01-2017, 01:41 PM   #2234
lb0

Oh - by the way - latest version also has working Macro controls - so play away with those and try to break them!!

Like EQ control - add macro control then right click in LIVE mode to set up parameters etc.

I quite like it
Old 02-01-2017, 01:57 PM   #2235
Vincent Sermonne
Petit manitou

That look not work with the js eq, it is normal ? the band is fixed to zero Hz and no more than 1 db
Old 02-01-2017, 02:11 PM   #2236
dasombre

Quote:
Oh - by the way - latest version also has working Macro controls - so play away with those and try to break them!!

Like EQ control - add macro control then right click in LIVE mode to set up parameters etc.

I quite like it
what da hell??
cant' believe it. will test tonight. cant't wait though.
thaaaanks MR Ib0!! you are a genius!
Old 02-01-2017, 02:22 PM   #2237
lb0

Quote:
That look not work with the js eq, it is normal ? the band is fixed to zero Hz and no more than 1 db
Yes - you're right - it doesn't play nicely at all with the JS EQ's. I hadn't tried these (never use them).

It has to be to do with the fact they use unnormalised parameters - and EQ control uses normalised parameters.

If there's something straightforward to do to fix this I will - but not promising at the moment as it's probably a big ish job to adapt.
Old 02-01-2017, 02:29 PM   #2238
lb0

Quote:
Ha - might have fixed it... another rookie mistake not noticed due to all my other eq's working with already normalized values...

Give me a little time to test...
Old 02-01-2017, 02:34 PM   #2239
Sju

Quote:

I quite like it
Cool! But how exactly?

EDIT: Oh.. under track params ok

EDIT2: If you exit learn controls without assigning anything:
Code:
...bows\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\Scripts\LBX\LBX Stripper.lua:21326: attempt to get length of a nil value (local 'macro')
EDIT3:

- Reset to default for the top right macro knob (dbl/ctrl click) in the assignment page please.

- Parameters are not updated when switching interpolation mode, need to wiggle the knob first.

Last edited by Sju; 02-01-2017 at 02:55 PM.
Sju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 02:41 PM   #2240
lb0

Quote:
Fixed!! Works ok with the JS EQ's now. Also - ReaEQ works better too... must have had a complete brain fart moment when I wrote that code.

Don't use ReaEQ to create the 'default graph' though... It's tendency to -inf is uncommon compared to most other eq's and will be hard to match against. But it matches ok with other graphs as the tendency to -inf area is so small...

I've noticed a few graph anomalies I need to fix - where it goes out of bounds - but generally ok.

I also need to remove the don't use ReaEQ message too - now it behaves well...