Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old 03-01-2018, 10:36 AM   #1
phasewalker
Human being with feelings

Default ReaControl24 :scripts for Digidesign Control24 use with Reaper

Hi,

I'm please to offer to Reaper users the opportunity to use and contribute to ReaControl24

This is a python project that allows communication with a Digidesign Control24 digital control surface.

Edit: This download should have you up and running, and mixing for real with a Control24 within minutes. This is not experiment-ware, it is a ready-to-go solution with all main functions working and bi-directional:
  • Faders (smooth and responsive, all 24 at once if you need)
  • Pan on Pots, with LED feedback and fine adjustment (hold CMD button)
  • VU meters (except the BUS ones - working on that)
  • Scribble strips (track names, last edited param, configuable)
  • Channel Strip buttons
  • Navigation
  • Transport
  • Jog-Wheel (reaper native Scrub and Shuttle)
  • Clock (beats, time, samples as selected from the desk button)
  • All main surface buttons are mappable to reaper action learn or via Reaper.OSC file

You can download the scripts from Reaper stash

You can also download and contribute to the Github Repo

Edit: The Latest Release (Windows 10 compatibility) is here

The project was built on OSX, and against only 1 hardware example, so I welcome the opportunity to see it more widely tested. In theory it should run on almost anything that can run Python 2.7. Different components can also be split up on different machines, and traffic routed over IP networks (except for the daemon script which must be connected to the same network segment as the desk). This makes for fun scenarios like making other people jump when you move their faders

So far I have a 'client' implementation that converts to OSC, and a Reaper.OSC mapping file to provide the last link. Hopefully in the future I will look to implement a ReaScript version, or even a csurf plugin that can talk directly.
Others out there may be keen to use the same system to convert over to HUI or connect to another midi converter device. I've tried to build them as modular as possible, so if you have a mind to, why not give it a go?

Enjoy!

Last edited by phasewalker; 03-15-2018 at 04:39 AM. Reason: Latest Release
phasewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 02:44 AM   #2
Disruptormon

Default Feature List

TY for doing that PW. My pointer finger has been getting sore from pressing button

We try port to Raspbian and Windows today?

DM.
Disruptormon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 03:04 AM   #3
phasewalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disruptormon View Post
TY for doing that PW. My pointer finger has been getting sore from pressing button

We try port to Raspbian and Windows today?

DM.
Sure thing

I'm pretty sure it should fire up on both, can't hurt to try eh!
Old 03-02-2018, 09:47 AM   #4
Disruptormon

Some fun today with ReaControl24 and Raspberry Pi3.

ReaControl24 daemon run ok on Pi. ReaControl24 OSC client have issue when DAW machine MTU > Pi MTU. Some strange result with OSC from Reaper too.

Best run OSC client part on same machine as Reaper. This work well. Pi take CPU load off DAW for daemon.

Edit: DAW -> Pi -> Control24 add 1ms latency but save >10% CPU from DAW.

DM.

Last edited by Disruptormon; 03-02-2018 at 09:55 AM.
Old 03-05-2018, 08:05 AM   #5
phasewalker

Quote:
Some fun today with ReaControl24 and Raspberry Pi3.

ReaControl24 daemon run ok on Pi. ReaControl24 OSC client have issue when DAW machine MTU > Pi MTU. Some strange result with OSC from Reaper too.

Best run OSC client part on same machine as Reaper. This work well. Pi take CPU load off DAW for daemon.

Edit: DAW -> Pi -> Control24 add 1ms latency but save >10% CPU from DAW.

DM.
Thanks DM.
From that session on your pi I've picked up a few potential improvements:
  • PCAP filter would be better filtering src vendor bytes being control24
  • A linux rc.d setup would be good to assist the install, so pi power up would enough to get going
  • Noticed a few time it is easy to forget port number on command line arguments, so validation would be good there
  • OSC client is pretty tight but could probably use a performance improvement sweep through

Can we try out Windows in the near future?
Old 03-05-2018, 09:37 AM   #6
LugNut

Hi,
Wow..get on down wit your bad selves!,!
And in the true spirit of reaper. Fantastic! And I don't even own a control 24. I wish y'all much success!

Guido
LugNut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 12:01 PM   #7
Disruptormon

TY LugNut.

Today we try on Windows but daemon not so happy. Daemon on OSX local and OSC client on Windows 10 remote work ok over VPN. Much love for OSC.

DM.
Old 03-05-2018, 02:54 PM   #8
phasewalker

Quote:
TY LugNut.

Today we try on Windows but daemon not so happy.
DM.
Thanks DM. Windows is not really my strong suit, but was glad to see ReaControl24 mostly worked.

Trick will be finding a version of PCAP that actually works with Windows10, and has a python wrapper. I'll get on it as appreciate many out there will be using their Reaper in that OS.
Old 03-06-2018, 05:54 AM   #9
phasewalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LugNut View Post
Hi,
Wow..get on down wit your bad selves!,!
And in the true spirit of reaper. Fantastic! And I don't even own a control 24. I wish y'all much success!

Guido

Thanks Lugnut!
The Control24 is a very cool piece of equipment. It is a shame such a thing should become disused as it is not the latest and greatest. The earth needs less electronics such as these dumped, for all our sakes!
Old 03-07-2018, 05:33 AM   #10
phasewalker

Default Windows 10 compatibility

Some light at the end of the tunnel for ReaControl24 running on Windows10. I tracked the issue with the daemon down to the wincapy library we are using. Dumping this seems to get the script running OK. pyPcap on it's own seems to work much better, so I have hope for a one-codeline-fits-all solution.

Hopefully later I will be able to run it against the device and see if it works.

Edit: We've now had a successful test on Windows10, but there is a way to go yet as stability doesn't seem good (probably MTU again) and there will need to be some shifting around of the network helper/default parameters. The installation is also complicated so a new piece of user guide will be needed.
If anyone is interested in assisting with an Alpha test of this in Windows 10 or prior version, I'd be very glad of having more test environments, as I only have a virtual machine with Windows 10.

Last edited by phasewalker; 03-08-2018 at 06:34 AM. Reason: More test feedback
Old 03-08-2018, 10:06 PM   #11
onewattamp

This is incredible! Potentially huge if you can get this to run smoothly and have some degree of continued support.

It hooks up via Ethernet directly to computer?

Any chance of this script working with Pro Control 16?

Last edited by onewattamp; 03-08-2018 at 10:27 PM.
onewattamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 03:09 AM   #12
Disruptormon

Work smooth for 3 hour recording session and then 2 hour editing in OSX Reaper.

Control24 is only hardware to test here. Is Pro Control 16 ethernet device? If ethernet like Control24, maybe work with different map.

DM.
Old 03-09-2018, 03:58 AM   #13
phasewalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewattamp View Post
This is incredible! Potentially huge if you can get this to run smoothly and have some degree of continued support.

It hooks up via Ethernet directly to computer?

Any chance of this script working with Pro Control 16?
Hi onewattamp,

Yes that's right, the Ethernet connection from the Control24 port is required to the same LAN segment (possibly via crossed over cable, but haven't tested this) as the computer running the 1st script (the Daemon).
You can then choose: just run everything on your DAW PC, or you can distribute the components over networks as you see fit.

If you have a Pro Control, would you be interested in contributing to the project as a tester? The code was built to potentially map other desks in future, but without hardware to try that on.

Thanks
Old 03-09-2018, 07:02 PM   #14
onewattamp

Would consider posting a quick video? It would be amazing to see some of the functionality!
Old 03-10-2018, 06:51 AM   #15
phasewalker

Quote:
Would consider posting a quick video? It would be amazing to see some of the functionality!
Sure, will look to get one up fairly soon.
Old 03-10-2018, 07:06 AM   #16
Lazloos

hey I got this working on Mac OSX with a procontrol unit (8 faders). The functunality is reduced (no VU, Scribble stips, clock) and some buttons like the matrix cause it to crash if pushed since I guess there is no equivalent on the Control 24.

That said Faders, mutes Solo, rec rdy, channel select, automation select, Jog Wheel, pans and transport are all working!

Thanks so much for doing this and sharing it. Really appreciate it!

I am not sure my coding skills are up to helping sort out the kinks but I would be down to help test, I could try it in Win10 too.

regardless, very appreciative to be able to use the pro control with reaper!

Last edited by Lazloos; 03-10-2018 at 07:15 AM.
Lazloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 09:58 AM   #17
phasewalker

Default Windows 10 testing

Had a good session today on Windows 10 testing. The new codeline is mostly stable, just a few niggles to wiggle out, then I think it will probably do the job.

Trying to make it a bit more friendly a the moment so no-one has to go fishing around for GUID values and such.
Old 03-10-2018, 10:02 AM   #18
phasewalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazloos View Post
hey I got this working on Mac OSX with a procontrol unit (8 faders). The functunality is reduced (no VU, Scribble stips, clock) and some buttons like the matrix cause it to crash if pushed since I guess there is no equivalent on the Control 24.

That said Faders, mutes Solo, rec rdy, channel select, automation select, Jog Wheel, pans and transport are all working!

Thanks so much for doing this and sharing it. Really appreciate it!

I am not sure my coding skills are up to helping sort out the kinks but I would be down to help test, I could try it in Win10 too.

regardless, very appreciative to be able to use the pro control with reaper!
Thanks so much for trying this, I'm really surprised so much worked right off on a desk we've never tried on before!
No coding skills needed, to contribute the best way would be sign up for a github account, and then you can log issues and findings in there as you bump into them.
The most complicated thing might get you to do is add the debug flag (-d or --debug) then attach your logs to the the issue, for the session where things happened.
Old 03-10-2018, 03:33 PM   #19
Lazloos

cool, I can do that!
Lazloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 09:41 PM   #20
onewattamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by phasewalker View Post
Thanks so much for trying this, I'm really surprised so much worked right off on a desk we've never tried on before!
No coding skills needed, to contribute the best way would be sign up for a github account, and then you can log issues and findings in there as you bump into them.
The most complicated thing might get you to do is add the debug flag (-d or --debug) then attach your logs to the the issue, for the session where things happened.
There is a used Pro Control 16 available that I am considering purchasing. I would be buying it to use with Reaper. Before I do, would this be something you would be able to include in the software? I'm also not a programmer, but I would be happy to help test.
Old 03-12-2018, 01:46 AM   #21
phasewalker

Quote:
There is a used Pro Control 16 available that I am considering purchasing. I would be buying it to use with Reaper. Before I do, would this be something you would be able to include in the software? I'm also not a programmer, but I would be happy to help test.
Hi again,

It is totally up to you of course. I would be happy to try to include it as a supported device and would love the opportunity to have someone testing on this device. I will do my best to make it happen.

As to whether it is possible? I can't possibly answer that without examining one myself, but early indications seem good based on the report from Lazloos. Once some debug data starts to come in, I may be able to answer more definitely.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:59 AM   #22
phasewalker

Default Windows10 Support

With big thanks to new contributor @phunkyg over at github, Windows 10 support is moving forward nicely.

If you'd like to try ReaControl24 with Windows, please grab the Release project branch from github or download from the link below.

Also thanks to @lazlooose for testing Pro Control hardware. This first glimpse is showing us what would be needed to achieve this desk too.

EDIT: This is now beta release v1.1.0 and you can go to it directly using this link

Last edited by phasewalker; 03-15-2018 at 08:44 AM. Reason: Retired branch
Old 03-15-2018, 07:23 AM   #23
phunkyg

Quote:
With big thanks to new contributor @phunkyg over at github, Windows 10 support is moving forward nicely.
Thanks to you too. I'm now here on Reaper Forum too!
phunkyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 07:06 AM   #24
phasewalker

Default A Small Annoucement

This is just to let anyone know who is interested, I will be handing over the maintenance of ReaControl24 to phunkyg and disruptormon.
They have both shown such great interest in taking the project forward, it seems to make best sense. I myself do not have much time left to apply to the project. Originally the scripts were just for my own use and it was only the suggestions of friends that caused me to make them available to the internet. I'm very glad I did and it has been nice to see how these great contributors have taken up the code and done great things with it.
While I am able to still do so, I will answer questions where I am needed via github. I am though hoping to spend my time now with family and friends.
Old 03-31-2018, 09:38 AM   #25
phunkyg

Quote:
This is just to let anyone know who is interested, I will be handing over the maintenance of ReaControl24 to phunkyg and disruptormon.
They have both shown such great interest in taking the project forward, it seems to make best sense. I myself do not have much time left to apply to the project. Originally the scripts were just for my own use and it was only the suggestions of friends that caused me to make them available to the internet. I'm very glad I did and it has been nice to see how these great contributors have taken up the code and done great things with it.
While I am able to still do so, I will answer questions where I am needed via github. I am though hoping to spend my time now with family and friends.
Thanks for your gift phasewalker, and the time you've spent to get me up to speed. We'll do our best to repay your generosity by keeping the project alive and moving forward.
I quite understand your reasons and I wish you all the very best of luck for you and your family.
Old 04-05-2018, 03:57 PM   #26
Disruptormon

Small note - new pcap routines make CPU work down from 20% to under 5% in OSX 10.9.

TY PhunkyG!!

DM.
Old 04-18-2018, 05:21 AM   #27
Stephansound

Default ReaControl24 - Install ?

Hi everybody,
I discover Reaper and I find that's a very good alternative to Protools that I use since many years to record and mix all music projects. And the ReaControl24 is a very good news because I work with a Control24, and I love it !
So, I meet some problems to install the relation between my iMac(OS10.9.5) and the Control24.
When I write, in the Terminal : pip install -r requirements.txt --user , I find that :

Requirement already satisfied: netifaces in /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/netifaces-0.10.6-py2.7-macosx-10.6-intel.egg (from -r requirements.txt (line 1))
Collecting pyOSC (from -r requirements.txt (line 2))
Could not fetch URL https://pypi.python.org/simple/pyosc/: There was a problem confirming the ssl certificate: [SSL: TLSV1_ALERT_PROTOCOL_VERSION] tlsv1 alert protocol version (_ssl.c:661) - skipping
Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement pyOSC (from -r requirements.txt (line 2)) (from versions: )
No matching distribution found for pyOSC (from -r requirements.txt (line 2))

Is anybody can send me a solution ? I've disabled my firewall but it doesn't run....

Thanks for your tips !
Stephansound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 11:38 AM   #28
phunkyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephansound View Post
Hi everybody,
I discover Reaper and I find that's a very good alternative to Protools that I use since many years to record and mix all music projects. And the ReaControl24 is a very good news because I work with a Control24, and I love it !
So, I meet some problems to install the relation between my iMac(OS10.9.5) and the Control24.
When I write, in the Terminal : pip install -r requirements.txt --user , I find that :

Requirement already satisfied: netifaces in /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/netifaces-0.10.6-py2.7-macosx-10.6-intel.egg (from -r requirements.txt (line 1))
Collecting pyOSC (from -r requirements.txt (line 2))
Could not fetch URL https://pypi.python.org/simple/pyosc/: There was a problem confirming the ssl certificate: [SSL: TLSV1_ALERT_PROTOCOL_VERSION] tlsv1 alert protocol version (_ssl.c:661) - skipping
Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement pyOSC (from -r requirements.txt (line 2)) (from versions: )
No matching distribution found for pyOSC (from -r requirements.txt (line 2))

Is anybody can send me a solution ? I've disabled my firewall but it doesn't run....

Thanks for your tips !
Hi

Please forgive the stunted answer as I'm on a mobile phone with limited internet.

I think you might be hitting a common problem with python and OSX where some of the SSL library packages are too old for pip to work properly. IIRC you can update them and pip starts working again. You'd have to search for it though as I dont remember the specifics.

You can also try downloading and installing packages without pip or with an alternative like easyinstall.

If you find the magic please let us know and we can add it to a 'common problems' section in the readme. Python 2.7 was chosen mainly because it is preinstalled to OSX but it is a bit of a pain sometimes!

Edit: this might be it? https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...y-failed-certi
Old 04-18-2018, 11:41 PM   #29
phunkyg

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...otocol-version

This seems to be the answer to pip problems due to TLS deprecation.
Old 05-22-2018, 07:16 PM   #30
iamasar

Quote:
Hi again,

It is totally up to you of course. I would be happy to try to include it as a supported device and would love the opportunity to have someone testing on this device. I will do my best to make it happen.

As to whether it is possible? I can't possibly answer that without examining one myself, but early indications seem good based on the report from Lazloos. Once some debug data starts to come in, I may be able to answer more definitely.
Any updates on the pro control version? Thanks!
iamasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 08:11 AM   #31
phunkyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamasar View Post
Any updates on the pro control version? Thanks!
Hi Iamasar

There is a bit of delay in work on the project as I'm on a long holiday at the moment.

Also it seems phasewalker passed away a few weeks ago, I guess this explains a lot about why he was keen to give this project to the community and to hand over control of it to me.

On my return I'll be conpleting the testing on the compatibility, optimisation
and refactoring work that was happening and that opens the door to supporting other devices like ProControl.

If you're able, around September, could you help on the testing side, as we don't have a physical device to try this on?

If so please jump in on github. you'll see there is an Issue entry for this subject there already so you can track there and helo out if you're willing!
Old 07-19-2018, 07:18 PM   #32
rlord1234

Default Windows Help?

Hi phunkyg,

I have had a middleware OSC version I wrote for windows for the control 24 and the pro control working with reaper for over a year now. It was written in c#. Since phasewalker was kind enough to do this for the community before he passed, I decided that I would make my code available to you and your/his project if you think it would help. At the very least you should be able to get the pro control mappings from the code.

I use my control 24 everyday with reaper and enjoy it very much. The version for the pro control wasn't quite finished testing - if I remember correctly. I also did HUI versions for pro tools 12 as well. Because of life and circumstances nothing ever came of any of the projects but I still have all the code and documentation if it would help your project.

I don't post on this forum very often so not sure how you can get in touch with me privately but let me if you would like to move forward and we'll figure it out. Best.
rlord1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 08:06 AM   #33
Subers

Guys, could you make a video how to make windows 10? And the something and it does not work! I'm not a programmer!.... (Control24)
Subers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 08:43 AM   #34
phunkyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlord1234 View Post
Hi phunkyg,

I have had a middleware OSC version I wrote for windows for the control 24 and the pro control working with reaper for over a year now. It was written in c#. Since phasewalker was kind enough to do this for the community before he passed, I decided that I would make my code available to you and your/his project if you think it would help. At the very least you should be able to get the pro control mappings from the code.

I use my control 24 everyday with reaper and enjoy it very much. The version for the pro control wasn't quite finished testing - if I remember correctly. I also did HUI versions for pro tools 12 as well. Because of life and circumstances nothing ever came of any of the projects but I still have all the code and documentation if it would help your project.

I don't post on this forum very often so not sure how you can get in touch with me privately but let me if you would like to move forward and we'll figure it out. Best.
THAT. WOULD. BE. AWESOME.

via github is probably easiest, we'll make a branch and start getting it into there. If you want to send docs non public for now that works too. DM me here and we'll work something out.
Old 08-04-2018, 08:47 AM   #35
phunkyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subers View Post
Guys, could you make a video how to make windows 10? And the something and it does not work! I'm not a programmer!.... (Control24)
Hi Subers,

First off you need the latest release from github release page for Windows.

https://github.com/phasewalker18/Rea...ses/tag/v1.1.0
The documents will give you the process to get installed, hopefully you should be able to follow the steps, even if you don't understand what they do.

If you can't get started from there, then DM me here and I'll help you 1-to-1

Last edited by phunkyg; 08-04-2018 at 08:53 AM. Reason: link
Old 08-20-2018, 05:36 AM   #36
Subers

In step
C:\Users\Public\Downloads\ReaControl24\install\pyp cap-1.2.0> python setup.py install
issues
pcap.h not found
Old 08-20-2018, 08:52 AM   #37
phunkyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subers View Post
In step
C:\Users\Public\Downloads\ReaControl24\install\pyp cap-1.2.0> python setup.py install
issues
pcap.h not found
Logged at: https://github.com/phasewalker18/ReaControl24/issues/3
Old 08-20-2018, 11:49 PM   #38
Subers

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunkyg View Post
That's what gives the end of the process:

pcap.obj : warning LNK4197: export 'initpcap' specified multiple times; using first specification
Creating library build\temp.win-amd64-2.7\Release\pcap.lib and object build\temp.win-amd64-2.7\Release\pcap.exp
pcap.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol pcap_freecode referenced in function __pyx_pf_4pcap_3bpf_4__dealloc__
pcap.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol pcap_close referenced in function __pyx_pf_4pcap_4pcap_32__dealloc__
pcap.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol bpf_filter referenced in function __pyx_pf_4pcap_3bpf_2filter
pcap.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol pcap_snapshot referenced in function __pyx_pf_4pcap_4pcap_7snaplen___get__
pcap.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol pcap_datalink referenced in function __pyx_pf_4pcap_4pcap_12datalink
pcap.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol pcap_geterr referenced in function __pyx_pf_4pcap_4pcap_24geterr
pcap.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol pcap_stats referenced in function __pyx_pf_4pcap_4pcap_26stats
pcap.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol pcap_freealldevs referenced in function __pyx_pf_4pcap_4findalldevs
pcap_ex.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol pcap_freealldevs
pcap.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol pcap_findalldevs referenced in function __pyx_pf_4pcap_4findalldevs
pcap_ex.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol pcap_findalldevs
pcap.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol pcap_lookupnet referenced in function __pyx_pf_4pcap_6lookupnet
pcap.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol pcap_open_live referenced in function __pyx_pf_4pcap_4pcap___init__
pcap.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol pcap_open_offline referenced in function __pyx_pf_4pcap_4pcap___init__
pcap.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol pcap_setfilter referenced in function __pyx_pf_4pcap_4pcap_4setfilter
pcap.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol pcap_compile referenced in function __pyx_pf_4pcap_4pcap_4setfilter
pcap.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol pcap_dispatch referenced in function __pyx_pf_4pcap_4pcap_18dispatch
pcap.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol pcap_sendpacket referenced in function __pyx_pf_4pcap_4pcap_22sendpacket
pcap_ex.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol pcap_setmintocopy referenced in function pcap_ex_immediate
pcap_ex.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol pcap_getevent referenced in function pcap_ex_fileno
pcap_ex.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol pcap_setdirection referenced in function pcap_ex_setdirection
pcap_ex.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol pcap_setnonblock referenced in function pcap_ex_setnonblock
pcap_ex.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol pcap_getnonblock referenced in function pcap_ex_getnonblock
pcap_ex.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol pcap_next_ex referenced in function pcap_ex_next
pcap_ex.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol pcap_compile_nopcap referenced in function pcap_ex_compile_nopcap
build\lib.win-amd64-2.7\pcap.pyd : fatal error LNK1120: 23 unresolved externals
error: command 'C:\\Users\\Subers\\AppData\\Local\\Programs\\Comm on\\Microsoft\\Visual C++ for Python\\9.0\\VC\\Bin\\amd64\\link.exe' failed with exit status 1120
Old 08-23-2018, 07:58 AM   #39
MixR

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunkyg View Post
THAT. WOULD. BE. AWESOME.

via github is probably easiest, we'll make a branch and start getting it into there. If you want to send docs non public for now that works too. DM me here and we'll work something out.
I am new to the party even though I have been lurking around for ages looking to move away from Pro Tools to Reaper and hoping that one day I might be able to use my ProControl with it.

I am no programmer and can not code but have a 32 channel ProControl and can help (beta) test. I would be very happy to see this project made available for ProControl users and whilst I can't provide much in terms of technical support I am happy to help out with beer/coffee money.

I am currently on MacOS 10.9.5, 32 channels of ProControl and latest Reaper.
MixR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 10:20 AM   #40
phunkyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixR View Post
I am new to the party even though I have been lurking around for ages looking to move away from Pro Tools to Reaper and hoping that one day I might be able to use my ProControl with it.

I am no programmer and can not code but have a 32 channel ProControl and can help (beta) test. I would be very happy to see this project made available for ProControl users and whilst I can't provide much in terms of technical support I am happy to help out with beer/coffee money.

I am currently on MacOS 10.9.5, 32 channels of ProControl and latest Reaper.
Fantastic. Does 32 channels mean you have a bunch of the expansion units?
Can you join up over at github and we can hack away at the issues over there?

We have plenty of beer, but, if you're feeling generous, I'd ask you to take a look in the README.md for the donation point. As I understand it, anything that goes there goes to phasewalker's family.