Old 10-27-2019, 06:36 AM   #6161
Wilson
Human being with feelings

Hey Leon, thanks for the LBX update. The Dynamic Mode seems to be a great new Mode.

I got some questions:

Is there a way to hide the track name in Dynamic Mode because it covers the strips?

Is it possible to blend out the navigation bar on the bottom (Back, Track, Refresh...)?
It would be nice if there is a setting to auto hide this bar and if you hover with the mouse to the bottom then the navigation bar blends in again.

And there is a strange behavior if I change a track from Mix Mode to Dynamic Mode. First all the strips stays the same and if I select another track in Reapers TCP everything is fine but if I select another track in the LBX stripper track selection then all the strips changing to the new default placeholder.
Why do all the strips changing to the placeholder? Is there a way to change from Mix Mode to Dynamic Mode inclusive all the pre-loaded strips?

And sometimes LBX crash if I change a track with strips from Mix Mode to Dynamic Mode:

34531: bad argument #1 to `match`(string expected, got nil
Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 06:42 AM   #6162
Wilson

Old 10-27-2019, 07:06 AM   #6163
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
Dynamic mode does not work with FLW (follow mode) active - otherwise - clicking on a track simply changes away from the dynamic mode track.

And looks like you'll need to associate all your strips with their plugins.

Easiest way to do this is to simply create a new blank track - and drag all your strips into a dynamic mode page - then use the 'EDIT STRIP' for each one and simply hitting SAVE from edit mode. I think this will work.

The gfx glitch at the top is due to you having minimal top bar setting active - either disable this or wait until I get round to fixing it (I never use the minimal top bar - simply show/hide the full one when I need it using ']')

EDIT:

Mix mode is not directly compatible with dynamic mode - because mix mode uses INSERT plugins - whereas Dynamic mode does not need these.

I cannot see much reason to keep using MIX mode at all if you're using dynamic mode (the only advantage is that you can set pinmaps for plugins using the INSERT plugin/switcher - but I'm not even sure this worked properly anyway).

What you need to concentrate on is associating all the plugin strips you use in mix mode with each plugin as mentioned above.

If you use strips with several plugins - drag the strip from the Strip browser whilst holding Alt - over the placeholder for one of the plugins that would be in that strip - it will then allow you to attach the strip to the plugins which will be saved as part of the dynamic strip.

Last edited by lb0; 10-27-2019 at 07:21 AM.
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 07:13 AM   #6164
Wilson

Here is another crash. I dont know what Im doing wrong?

Old 10-27-2019, 07:23 AM   #6165
lb0

Quote:
Here is another crash. I dont know what Im doing wrong?
Will take a look at this one later. Can you please ensure you have the latest version (I've made a few updates today) - and if it still happens - post me the new error line number.

Thanks,

Oh - and does this only happen from the right-click menu - add strip list? If you add the same strip in from the Strip Browser - does it still happen?
Old 10-27-2019, 07:26 AM   #6166
Wilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Will take a look at this one later. Can you please ensure you have the latest version (I've made a few updates today) - and if it still happens - post me the new error line number.

Thanks,
I have downloaded the LBX about 1 hour ago so I guess its the newest version (?)

The number is: 40613 (if this is the error line number?)
Old 10-27-2019, 07:37 AM   #6167
lb0

Quote:
I have downloaded the LBX about 1 hour ago so I guess its the newest version (?)

The number is: 40613 (if this is the error line number?)
It seems the error only occurs just after switching from mix mode to dynamic mode and then using the right-click menu to add.

For the moment - I would avoid the right-click menu in this situation until I've got to the bottom of it. Use the strip browser to add plugins if possible and I'll fix it later.
Old 10-27-2019, 07:44 AM   #6168
Wilson

Quote:
It seems the error only occurs just after switching from mix mode to dynamic mode and then using the right-click menu to add.

For the moment - I would avoid the right-click menu in this situation until I've got to the bottom of it. Use the strip browser to add plugins if possible and I'll fix it later.
Alright thanks Leon!

What is the best way to change from Mix Mode to Dynamic Mode with already loaded strips?
Old 10-27-2019, 07:49 AM   #6169
lb0

Quote:
Alright thanks Leon!

What is the best way to change from Mix Mode to Dynamic Mode with already loaded strips?
Think I fixed the last error

I would:

Switch off FLW option (at bottom of left sidebar)

Create a completely new track

Select this track in the mixer and Stripper - then switch this track to dynamic mode.

Now one by one you need to associate the strips with the plugins as mentioned before. Once all your strips are associated with the relevant plugins - then they will load automatically.
Old 10-27-2019, 07:51 AM   #6170
Regisfofo

Thanks a lot for such comprehensive answers!
Regisfofo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 07:53 AM   #6171
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regisfofo View Post
Thanks a lot for such comprehensive answers!
I'm doing my best

I wish it was all a bit simpler - but we'll get there!

I'll make some more video's showing this stuff soon when I have time.
Old 10-27-2019, 08:03 AM   #6172
Wilson

Quote:

I would:

Select this track in the mixer and Stripper - then switch this track to dynamic mode.

Now one by one you need to associate the strips with the plugins as mentioned before. Once all your strips are associated with the relevant plugins - then they will load automatically.
Ok I will try it later. Thank you for your quick reply!
Old 10-27-2019, 08:05 AM   #6173
_Stevie_

I tend to repeat myself, but please consider a donation for all the great work Leon is doing. He really deserves it for this labor of love!
Old 10-27-2019, 08:14 AM   #6174
Klangfarben

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Stevie_ View Post
I tend to repeat myself, but please consider a donation for all the great work Leon is doing. He really deserves it for this labor of love!
+1000 (also a good donation amount )

Seriously though Leon is one of the best scripters we have in the entire community. Not only that, he's constantly adding user requests and updating and is happy to do it.

Please do send him a few £ for a coffee and more ram lol.
Klangfarben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 08:15 AM   #6175
_Stevie_

I vote for more RAM, LOL
Old 10-27-2019, 09:01 AM   #6176
lb0

Thanks to you guys I already have more RAM than I know what to do with

But coffee - yeah - I'm practically living off the stuff...
Old 10-27-2019, 09:29 AM   #6177
_Stevie_

Haha, okay then guys, get Leon some decent amount of coffee!
Old 10-27-2019, 09:36 AM   #6178
RJHollins

Ah .... Coffee=vitamin C
RJHollins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 09:41 AM   #6179
RJHollins

Got a 'Safety' question ...

I'm currently in the middle of several Projects using LBX. [prior version before this major update].

How would I be able to Revert back to my current version should an issue comes up?

thanks
RJHollins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 11:04 AM   #6180
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
Got a 'Safety' question ...

I'm currently in the middle of several Projects using LBX. [prior version before this major update].

How would I be able to Revert back to my current version should an issue comes up?

thanks
From a technical point of view - as long as you don't set a track/page with any existing strips to be the dynamic mode track - then the new dynamic mode data will be entirely separate from the old Live or Mix mode data. It's even saved in an entirely different file. Every other feature should simply work as before.

What I've not tested is reverting back to an old version of Stripper for a project that contains new DM data. However - It should just ignore the file (as the old code simply doesn't know about it and will not try to load it). You would lose any dynamic mode settings that you set up - but that shouldn't be an issue.

But like I said - I've not tested that scenario.

A simple thing would be to ensure you have backup of all project and stripper data before trying out the new update.

But also - from my own covering my butt POV - I would probably advise to test it out in a portable install with different duplicated project folders.

But from my experience - I've had no issues loading and using old projects with the latest version. YMMV
Old 10-27-2019, 11:11 AM   #6181
lb0

The nice thing about the new dynamic mode is that if something terrible does go wrong - it's really quick and easy to rebuild the entire strips for the project - and in the case for single plugin strips - is entirely automatic.

For multi plugin strips - you would need to manually reassign the strips by dragging them from the browser over one of the placeholder strips whilst holding Alt. Then simply completing the dialog so Stripper knows which plugins in the strip to connect to the ones on the track.

I'll do a video later about this - as I think it will be very useful to know exactly how this works. EDIT: Going to have to wait on a video - my body and brain completely crashed tonight :| lol

With the old LIVE and MIX modes - rebuilding Stripper data was never quite so easy - although could be done using either backups or the Alt method (or both) - but required a lot more work in general.

Last edited by lb0; 10-27-2019 at 04:38 PM.
Old 10-27-2019, 05:26 PM   #6182
Wilson

Quote:

I would:

Ive tried to save the strips 20 times without success but finally I found out what the problem was. If you load some strips in DM and save the strip then the name of the strip have to be the same (or almost) like the original plugin name to load the Dynamic strip automatically ...ufff

So you have to rename all the plugins (F2) to load the Dynamic strip properly. Maybe there is a better solution for that

And the "Global" button in DM is missing? How can I make this button visible?
Old 10-28-2019, 05:36 AM   #6183
lb0

Quote:
Ive tried to save the strips 20 times without success but finally I found out what the problem was. If you load some strips in DM and save the strip then the name of the strip have to be the same (or almost) like the original plugin name to load the Dynamic strip automatically ...ufff

So you have to rename all the plugins (F2) to load the Dynamic strip properly. Maybe there is a better solution for that

And the "Global" button in DM is missing? How can I make this button visible?
I'm not entirely sure that is the case.

You should be able to load an existing strip into DM mode. Right-click on the Strip switcher at the top of that strip - choose Edit Strip.

Then simply hit save - whilst not changing the save name.

But I have an update v0.94.0127 - which may fix things hopefully...

If not - can you make a video showing exactly what you are doing...?

EDIT:

Changing the save name of a strip that is already loaded into a switcher - will mean the changed version will not get loaded back into the switcher - even after a refresh - because switchers are associated with strips by filename. However - the new strip will be loaded for all new instances of the plugin on a track.

However - if you hit the COG icon to edit a strip - then you can save the strip under any name and it will be associated with the plugin.

Last edited by lb0; 10-28-2019 at 09:38 AM.
Old 10-28-2019, 09:48 AM   #6184
Wilson

Quote:

You should be able to load an existing strip into DM mode. Right-click on the Strip switcher at the top of that strip - choose Edit Strip.

Hey Leon, I have the newest version installed but a lot is not working properly.

I load up a couple of Gifs.

The first one is the problem with the names. As you can see, the Dynamic Strips recognize the saved strip only if the name of the plugin is the same like the strip.

Old 10-28-2019, 09:50 AM   #6185
timbralzoom

first let me say nothing important to me!

this is something new i realized a few hours ago,
also i assume its by design and it was there since long time..

if so, please just ignore.

short:
after i change the Control's "MAX OV" in the Inspector
switching Snapshots by mouse vs by Morph recalls two different values

btw.
seems switching by mouse still recalls the first values i captured
(i am not sure because i didn't pay attention while capturing them )

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iy...065wM4flRGH6-O
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 09:54 AM   #6186
Wilson

Quote:

EDIT:

Changing the save name of a strip that is already loaded into a switcher - will mean the changed version will not get loaded back into the switcher - even after a refresh - because switchers are associated with strips by filename. However - the new strip will be loaded for all new instances of the plugin on a track.

However - if you hit the COG icon to edit a strip - then you can save the strip under any name and it will be associated with the plugin.
...oh I dont see the Edit from you Where is that COG icon?
Old 10-28-2019, 09:57 AM   #6187
lb0

Quote:
...oh I dont see the Edit from you Where is that COG icon?
The COG icon is just for new strips (on the placeholder).

I can see there are still issues - I will look into.

It's really tough though - lots of factors involved - would be useful if you could send me your PluginDefaults.lbx file from in LBXCS_resources/strips/ folder.
Old 10-28-2019, 09:59 AM   #6188
Wilson

Quote:

EDIT:

This video is about the track selection. The Master is in Dynamic Mode and the other tracks in Mix Mode. If the FLW is active, I can select the tracks via the Reaper TCP without a problem and the strips stays the same as it should.

Old 10-28-2019, 10:02 AM   #6189
Wilson

Quote:

EDIT:

In this Video the FLW is still active and everything still working properly if I select the tracks from Reapers TCP but if I select the Master via the LBX track selection, then the Dynamic Strips are changing the Gap and the Strips with more than one plugin are changing to the placeholder.

Old 10-28-2019, 10:05 AM   #6190
lb0

Quote:
This video is about the track selection. The Master is in Dynamic Mode and the other tracks in Mix Mode. If the FLW is active, I can select the tracks via the Reaper TCP without a problem and the strips stays the same as it should.
I'll repeat - FLW is not compatible with Dynamic mode - you cannot use Dynamic mode properly with FLW on. Full stop!!

If you are having problems with strips appearing in Dynamic Mode - then it's because they are not set up correctly. Or maybe simply dynamic mode is not what you're after.

DM mode can be used alongside LIVE and MIX modes - but you need to understand they are far from the same thing.

Dynamic Mode will auto load strips depending on your fx plugins on the track. It will do this automatically - but it will not do this for any strip/track set to MIX mode - which is entirely manual...

Dynamic mode also handles track strip selection internally (and is why FLW must be switched off).
Old 10-28-2019, 10:06 AM   #6191
Wilson

Quote:

EDIT:

And if I deactivate FLW then I can change the tracks via the LBX track selection without a problem but not in Reaper TCP anymore and if I select a track in Reapers TCP and go back to the LBX track selection, then the Master strips are not visible anymore.

Old 10-28-2019, 10:24 AM   #6192
Wilson

Quote:
I'll repeat - FLW is not compatible with Dynamic mode - you cannot use Dynamic mode properly with FLW on. Full stop!!

If you are having problems with strips appearing in Dynamic Mode - then it's because they are not set up correctly. Or maybe simply dynamic mode is not what you're after.

DM mode can be used alongside LIVE and MIX modes - but you need to understand they are far from the same thing.

Dynamic Mode will auto load strips depending on your fx plugins on the track. It will do this automatically - but it will not do this for any strip/track set to MIX mode - which is entirely manual...

Dynamic mode also handles track strip selection internally (and is why FLW must be switched off).
Alright no FLW in DM I get it If I turn FLW off I can select the tracks with the LBX track selection but as soon I select a track in Reaper TCP the Master showing the strips wrong (in this case the messed up strips from the Drum track??? So if I use the DM then I never can select a track in Reapers TCP?

Old 10-28-2019, 10:30 AM   #6193
lb0

Quote:
And if I deactivate FLW then I can change the tracks via the LBX track selection without a problem but not in Reaper TCP anymore and if I select a track in Reapers TCP and go back to the LBX track selection, then the Master strips are not visible anymore.
The problem is you are combining (or trying to combine) MIX mode with dynamic mode.

Mix mode uses INSERT plugins throughout the chain to signify the plugin positions for the mix mode strips.

Dynamic mode doesn't need the INSERT plugins - so they just appear as placeholder strips in dynamic mode (which you don't want).

I'll try to explain how Dynamic mode works.

It uses a SINGLE dynamic strip to hold the layouts for all tracks (this is handled internally).

With follow (FLW) switched on - dynamic mode cannot work as it will only see one tracks strips - as selecting any other track - it will disable dynamic mode and switch to whatever mode that track is set to.

So to convert your project to dynamic mode - what we need to solve is ensuring all strips are associated with the correct plugins (which it seems is not working entirely correctly - although I haven't had too much trouble here - but I guess I have better understanding of the workings of everything). Also - you would need to remove all the INSERT plugins (which will break MIX mode in your project).

Try this for starters:

Backup your project files - all rpp, .lbxstripper data files.

Create a new version of the project you are interested in.

Delete all MIX mode strips from the new project - you can do this by right-clicking in the track list on the left and choosing 'Clear strips for all tracks' option.

Now go through every track fx list - and delete all the INSERT plugins.

Then disable FLW button - and set your Master track to dynamic mode.

Keep Stripper always on Master track.

Now when you select a different track in the TCP/MCP - stripper will automatically load default strips (if known and associated correctly) for all plugins on that track.

Now if any placeholder strips appear - we need to work on associating the correct strip for that plugin...

This is where I need to do some tests and check things are working properly... So give me a little time to test some things...
Old 10-28-2019, 10:33 AM   #6194
lb0

Do any of your strips contain more than one plugin???
Old 10-28-2019, 10:53 AM   #6195
Wilson

Quote:
The problem is you are combining (or trying to combine) MIX mode with dynamic mode.

Mix mode uses INSERT plugins throughout the chain to signify the plugin positions for the mix mode strips.

Dynamic mode doesn't need the INSERT plugins - so they just appear as placeholder strips in dynamic mode (which you don't want).

I'll try to explain how Dynamic mode works.

It uses a SINGLE dynamic strip to hold the layouts for all tracks (this is handled internally).

With follow (FLW) switched on - dynamic mode cannot work as it will only see one tracks strips - as selecting any other track - it will disable dynamic mode and switch to whatever mode that track is set to.

So to convert your project to dynamic mode - what we need to solve is ensuring all strips are associated with the correct plugins (which it seems is not working entirely correctly - although I haven't had too much trouble here - but I guess I have better understanding of the workings of everything). Also - you would need to remove all the INSERT plugins (which will break MIX mode in your project).

Try this for starters:

Backup your project files - all rpp, .lbxstripper data files.

Create a new version of the project you are interested in.

Delete all MIX mode strips from the new project - you can do this by right-clicking in the track list on the left and choosing 'Clear strips for all tracks' option.

Now go through every track fx list - and delete all the INSERT plugins.

Then disable FLW button - and set your Master track to dynamic mode.

Keep Stripper always on Master track.

Now when you select a different track in the TCP/MCP - stripper will automatically load default strips (if known and associated correctly) for all plugins on that track.

Now if any placeholder strips appear - we need to work on associating the correct strip for that plugin...

This is where I need to do some tests and check things are working properly... So give me a little time to test some things...
Thank you so much for taking the time to explane this Mode in detail. Because my English is not really good I have to read more carefully

Ive tried your instructions and so far so good beside the problems with the names and I hope you can fix that but I guess you are very busy with this new release so take your time

And if I understand you correctly then only the saved single plugin strips are recognized in DM and the multi plugin strips just with ALT+Drag from the Strip Browser to link the strip with the used plugins in that strip?
Old 10-28-2019, 10:56 AM   #6196
Wilson

Quote:
Do any of your strips contain more than one plugin???
Yes a couple of them.
Old 10-28-2019, 11:00 AM   #6197
lb0

Quote:

And if I understand you correctly then only the saved single plugin strips are recognized in DM and the multi plugin strips just with ALT+Drag from the Strip Browser to link the strip with the used plugins in that strip?
Your English is very good !

Yes - multi plugin strips (if converting old project where plugins already exist) can be linked using Alt when dragging in from Strip Browser.

Obviously - in new projects - it's simple just to drag in multi plugin strips - and they should remain linked ok for that project.

Just working on an extra fix for the names...
Old 10-28-2019, 11:07 AM   #6198
lb0

Quote:
I have uploaded v 0128

This asks an additional question if you wish to associate the strip with the plugin module name when saving.

The reason why it needs to ask - is that you do not want it to do this with a plugin like Nebula (acqua's are fine) - as the N4.dll can contain a number of different programs - a different strip required for each - so in this case you would rename the N4 instance - but answer no to this question).

Traditional plugins though - answer yes.

Let me know if this works any better?

EDIT:

Annoyingly - any plugin that uses a shell wrapper - like Black Rooster Audio plugins and Waves - won't work with this module name association - so those will have to be manually renamed properly

Last edited by lb0; 10-28-2019 at 11:39 AM.
Old 10-28-2019, 11:36 AM   #6199
lb0

Ooops - minor bug meant the association only worked after restarting Stripper.

Fixed now.
Old 10-28-2019, 11:54 AM   #6200
Wilson

Quote:
Ooops - minor bug meant the association only worked after restarting Stripper.

Fixed now.
Thanks Leon! Working great! Just having trouble with saving the ReaInsert plugin? Maybe because jsFX?

EDIT: Saving works with a single ReaInsert strip but not with a Multi Strip (with ReaInsert inside)

Last edited by Wilson; 10-28-2019 at 12:01 PM.