Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-07-2020, 03:34 AM   #1
airon
Human being with feelings

Default Estimated Remaining render time for Render Matrix can be grossly incorrect (FIXED)

Premise
  • 2 Regions(more than 1) , both of some length. Longer with heavier processing makes this easier to spot.
  • Render matrix set to render one of the regions at the master output(or track, that doesn't matter).

Problem
Estimated time to render always shows the time based on the assumption that ALL regions are marked for render.

One hint is the title bar of the render window during the render. It shows "Rendering region 2/2" as an example, even if just one region is marked for render.

It has been this way for years. That makes the estimated time worthless, unless I'm willing to calculate what percentage of the length of all regions the actually marked regions are, and devide by estimated+lapsed tim to get my render time. Gee thanks for stuffing the render window full of useful information/puzzles. I actually calculate the time judging by the realtime factor of the render.
Please, with cherries on top, fix this gosh darn problem or just boot the estimated time indicator out of the render window alltogether.

Last edited by airon; 02-08-2020 at 07:20 AM.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote