Old 08-10-2016, 06:27 AM   #1
Archimedes
Human being with feelings

Default Waves L3-16 issues

Sigh - okay, this is going to be difficult to substantiate.

(1) I have a pair of Lynx AES16e cards as my sound cards, with the most recent firmware and drivers. (Driver 2.00 Build 23b, FW 14.1)

(2) One of the cards sources an Aurora 16 (HW Rev B, FW Rev 28)

(3) I use Reaper (5.22) nearly exclusively for mixing

(4) I use the Waves L3-16 on the Master

My system is the latest Windows 8.1 Pro (x64) build atop a Thinkmate HPX XS8-2460V3 (Supermicro 7048) running a pair of Xeon E5-2630 V3 processors, 64 GB of RAM, etc. I use SSDs for all work except backups.

I normally set my ASIO buffer size to 1024 - but in order to address this problem, I've tried many different settings - none solve the problem.

PROBLEM:

When I open the MIDI editor, everything runs well for awhile as I edit, play, stop, edit, play, stop, etc. But after awhile, I get severe crackling, popping, static, noise, etc.

I remedy this problem one of two ways,

(a) I open the ASIO control panel from the preferences dialog, and then close it again. I don't have to change anything, I just have to open, and then close the dialog.

(b) I "offline" the Waves L3-16 plugin (if I have a lot of editing to do, this is my normal response).

If I never open the MIDI editor, and I'm just mucking about with automation, for instance, this problem never arises.

So, what's causing Reaper to develop this trouble with my sound card, or with Waves, or ???? whatever?

Thanks!
Archimedes is offline   Reply With Quote