Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 06-12-2019, 04:29 AM   #201
mrelwood
Human being with feelings

Thanks Lachinhan!

Oh, right... since this is a beta version, it has bugs, right? Well, had forgotten to fix one before sharing. So here is version 0.51 already:

mrelwood LinkEQ 0.51 beta

The EQ points will no longer move right 1 pixel when clicked.

Remaining current TODO list:
- Bug: When multiple EQ points are selected, Alt-dragging the "note" value doesn't work properly, and throws the points to a wrong location.
- Bug: The display or the parameters don't always update when the Master/Slave mode is changed.
- Feature: A feature to link EQ graph and Analyzer graph zoom levels.
- Bug/Feature: You tell me!

Last edited by mrelwood; 06-12-2019 at 07:18 PM.
mrelwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 04:46 AM   #202
Eliseat

Great idea and implementation, mrelwood!

Just tested the handling on my laptop and it works really smoothly. Sound test isn't possible at the moment, but will follow.

Thanks for your great work.

Greetings
Eli
Old 06-12-2019, 06:39 AM   #203
cutnpaste
Banned

These are great.
cutnpaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 06:43 AM   #204
vdubreeze

Thanks, mrewood, for these great tools. Hope your health issues are behind you.
Old 06-12-2019, 07:21 PM   #205
mrelwood

I made a quick and rough Getting Started Guide for the LinkEQ 0.51 beta. Hopefully it helps in not missing a feature you might want to use:

https://youtu.be/eB41CIhRbno
Old 06-14-2019, 05:22 AM   #206
Eliseat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrelwood View Post
I made a quick and rough Getting Started Guide for the LinkEQ 0.51 beta. Hopefully it helps in not missing a feature you might want to use:

https://youtu.be/eB41CIhRbno
Great video! Great concept. That's actually an amazing idea. It could be useful to create null out effects with just two instances of LinkEQ. For example could you put a saturation effect in between the two instances to feed the saturation only with a certain frequency while the second instance of LinkEQ evens the whole sound out again. Here is an example:

At the moment it doesn't work properly. If I add a second instance thru copy and paste, it adds EQ points 4, 5 and 6 automatically. If I add a second instance thru adding from effects list and put it into slave mode, only the frequency moves but not the gain.

Anyway. I'm looking forward for this one. Its really amazing what you guys create with reapers JS.

Many thanks

Eli
Old 06-14-2019, 05:26 AM   #207
Eliseat

Okay, tried it again. This time it worked. I will play around a little bit.
Old 06-14-2019, 10:37 AM   #208
mrelwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliseat View Post
Great video! Great concept. That's actually an amazing idea. It could be useful to create null out effects with just two instances of LinkEQ. For example could you put a saturation effect in between the two instances to feed the saturation only with a certain frequency while the second instance of LinkEQ evens the whole sound out again.
Thanks Eli! That is exactly what I originally created this plugin for, testing different emphasis (and de-emphasis) on the upcoming guitar amp sim (saturation).

Quote:
At the moment it doesn't work properly. If I add a second instance thru copy and paste, it adds EQ points 4, 5 and 6 automatically. If I add a second instance thru adding from effects list and put it into slave mode, only the frequency moves but not the gain.
Thanks, I noticed those too, and have been working to make the Link features work smoothly. Both issues you mentioned have already been fixed for version 0.52. I will share it once I get a few more issues ironed out.

I must say though that the big thing for me in this plugin is that you can snap and drag the points to the exact note frequencies! It is common to have a single note stand out too much, and I can't imagine a faster tool to attack the issue. The flat top EQ shape might also turn out to be a nice idea.
Old 06-14-2019, 01:58 PM   #209
Eliseat

Quote:

I must say though that the big thing for me in this plugin is that you can snap and drag the points to the exact note frequencies! It is common to have a single note stand out too much, and I can't imagine a faster tool to attack the issue. The flat top EQ shape might also turn out to be a nice idea.
That note frequency snapping is a great help for finding the kick tuning. Usually you get an deep harmonic resonance if you find the right (bass) frequency spot and raise it enough.

So yes, its also a cool feature. I always wanted to ask nitsuj to add it to his ReEQ but I was afraid it could be a bit to much begging. Anyway. Now you have added it in your EQ.
Old 06-15-2019, 12:32 AM   #210
mrelwood

Here you go: LinkEQ 0.52 Beta

Changes concentrate mostly on making the Link functions (and the related visual updates) work better. Work continues...
Old 06-17-2019, 12:59 AM   #211
mrelwood

Stars have been aligning, and I have made a lot of progress with the LinkEQ. All known issues have been fixed, and a lot of improvements made in general:

mrelwood_LinkEQ_0v60

(Incomplete) changelog since 0.52:

- Points are only not reordered when in "Slave" mode
- Adding a point copies the Stereo and Link modes of selected point, except:
in Slave mode link is disabled for new points
- If current point is a bell, narrow/wide selection is copied for new point
- New points created in "Slave" mode have Link set to zero
- Fresh instance resets to "Single" if no "Master" present
- All parameters now restore correctly when REAPER returns from inactive
- Alt-dragging multiple notes fixed
- Shift-drag Analyzer ruler to link to EQ zoom
- Visual updates and fine-tuning

My TODO list is empty for this plugin! Please help!
Old 06-17-2019, 07:32 PM   #212
mrelwood

And now, let me present you no less than three new plugins!

Blipper - Blip Generator generates an adjustable blip at set interval.

GlitchPress - Glitch Suppressor, replaces sudden jumps such as digital glitches in the audio with a continuous waveform in realtime.

SineSweeper - Sine Sweep Generator with a few controls I tend to miss in other sweepers.

As always, let me know if you run into any issues with the plugins and I'll do my best to fix them. I hope you'll find some of them usable!
And while you're at it, please don't mind me asking to consider donating to express support on my plugin developement. Thank you!

https://mrelwood5.wixsite.com/plugins

Old 06-17-2019, 09:53 PM   #213
vanhaze

Wow, so awesome, thank you so much !
Old 06-18-2019, 12:29 AM   #214
Eliseat

MrElwood,

I will take a look at the new updates later today.

Thanks for the great additions

Eli
Old 06-22-2019, 05:55 AM   #215
Regisfofo

Hi MrElwood!

Nice to see you again, hope your health is better!
Wow man, I really like linkEQ, I tested it and love all the features, and we can resize it too!
Question mark for help feastures is really nicely done and helps a lot. Really like the way it looks...

Some remarks though
On the cosmetic side, I'd prefer the squared node info box to be more easy/fast to read, brown background do not contrast enough with black color text IMO.
The border of that box is distracting a little too much. It jumps at the eyes much more quickly than the useful precise infos...

Also there seems to be a strange black line crossing that box on my Win10 64bit reaper
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7tqwu2o1w2...q0.60.png?dl=0

Mid side left right stereo choice per band is a killer feature, but sadlty nodes are stuck to stereo here...
I would prefer to bypass/unbypass with 1 click instead of the drop-down menu.Would be quicker..
Bypass a single node when double clicking it would be great too as it is kind of a standard within reaper and most Graphic EQ I've Encountered.

Finally what I miss is a way to shut down analyser, as sometimes when I'm in difficult tasks I find it to be a little distractive and it helps me to focus more on the sound not to see the waves...

All the best!
Regisfofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 10:13 PM   #216
mrelwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regisfofo View Post
On the cosmetic side, I'd prefer the squared node info box to be more easy/fast to read, brown background do not contrast enough with black color text IMO.
The border of that box is distracting a little too much. It jumps at the eyes much more quickly than the useful precise infos...

Also there seems to be a strange black line crossing that box on my Win10 64bit reaper
Thanks Regisfofo! The link seems outdated, could you up it again? Some of the drawing issues likely look different for me on a Mac.
The info box is supposed to be more orange than brown, and the border is not even very distinguishable for me. I will of course have to change it, but a screenshot will help me decide how much.
EDIT: Increased opacity slightly for next version. Is the black line a bit above or bit below the center of the box?

Quote:
Mid side left right stereo choice per band is a killer feature, but sadlty nodes are stuck to stereo here...
That is strange. Will investigate.
EDIT: Fixed for next release.

Quote:
I would prefer to bypass/unbypass with 1 click instead of the drop-down menu.Would be quicker..
If you mean the whole plugin, every Reaper FX window already has a checkbox for bypassing, so no need to do it from the plugin itself.

Quote:
Bypass a single node when double clicking it would be great too as it is kind of a standard within reaper and most Graphic EQ I've Encountered.
I realized this too, already changed for the next version!

Quote:
Finally what I miss is a way to shut down analyser, as sometimes when I'm in difficult tasks I find it to be a little distractive and it helps me to focus more on the sound not to see the waves...
Alt click the FFT button at the top left for switching off the analyzer section.
EDIT: Sorry! This feature was broken! Fixed, expect for a new release today.

Last edited by mrelwood; 06-26-2019 at 12:13 AM.
Old 06-26-2019, 08:16 AM   #217
Regisfofo

does it work that way ?

Quote:
If you mean the whole plugin, every Reaper FX window already has a checkbox for bypassing, so no need to do it from the plugin itself.

Yes you're right!
Old 06-26-2019, 08:18 PM   #218
mrelwood

Quote:
does it work that way ?
Thanks, the problem was actually only on mobile.

I have attended all mentioned issues, but found a strange bug in the slave mode, which I'm still working on. Shouldn't take long...
Old 06-27-2019, 06:19 AM   #219
mrelwood

Here is the LinkEQ 0.61 with a bunch of functional and visual fixes.

Please let me know how you like it, what you would like to see improved on, and if you find anything that doesn't seem to work!
Old 06-27-2019, 06:59 AM   #220
Regisfofo

Nice, thank you

the stereo/mid/side/Left/Right per node still stuck at stereo here.

And something more, "the last touched parameter" do not detect nodes freq/Gain/Q.

Cheers
Old 06-28-2019, 05:39 AM   #221
mrelwood

Quote:
the stereo/mid/side/Left/Right per node still stuck at stereo here.
That is strange. You do get the pop-up menu though? Could you try clicking and holding the mouse button, selecting the mode, and only then releasing the mouse button?

Quote:
And something more, "the last touched parameter" do not detect nodes freq/Gain/Q.
Bummer, I didn't think about that. Good catch! I'll see what I can do.
Old 06-28-2019, 01:17 PM   #222
Regisfofo

Quote:
That is strange. You do get the pop-up menu though? Could you try clicking and holding the mouse button, selecting the mode, and only then releasing the mouse button?
Ah yes indeed, it do work that way !
Old 06-28-2019, 04:18 PM   #223
Icchan

In my opinion many VST plugins have a bad tendency to make their GUIs way too large and full of unnecessary space or large knobs etc... I don't like it that to see one plugin you need 4k monitor or something.

I'm all about efficiency of space and clear and well contrasted graphics in GUIs.

I hope you won't unnecessarily burden your GUIs to be large overblown mess
Icchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 07:02 AM   #224
mrelwood

Latest LinkEQ beta, fixes and visual updates here and there. Regisfofo, could you test the mouse-click-stereo-mode functionality with this version as well?

http://b.link/mrelwood_LinkEQ_0v63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icchan View Post
In my opinion many VST plugins have a bad tendency to make their GUIs way too large and full of unnecessary space or large knobs etc... I don't like it that to see one plugin you need 4k monitor or something.

I'm all about efficiency of space and clear and well contrasted graphics in GUIs.

I totally agree! I'd love to hear, how do you feel me doing so far?

Last edited by mrelwood; 06-29-2019 at 11:52 AM.
Old 06-29-2019, 01:22 PM   #225
Regisfofo

Quote:
Regisfofo, could you test the mouse-click-stereo-mode functionality with this version as well?
Nope, still the same...

Presets menu do not work correctly too, I can't load a previously saved preset or even reset to default.

Is there a way too adjust default window value ? I'd love to set mine with a little bigger window and fixed value would make "sight earing" faster with always the same familiar window.

Cheers!

Edit : spotted two more litlle things :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/u1eye25xla...q0.63.png?dl=0
default setting is a little misaligned from the background 0 bar, there's a weird line I surrounded with red...

Last edited by Regisfofo; 06-29-2019 at 01:43 PM.
Old 06-30-2019, 04:08 AM   #226
Softsynth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icchan View Post

Heh heh, I'm of the complete opposite opinion.

Most plugins are small because of historical design, dating the plugin to the typical resolution of older monitors, making them look ridiculously small on high resolution screens or panels viewed from a distance. This really is a nuisance when creating preset sounds with a VSTi.

The best case scenario is with scalable GUIs (adjust to taste), but the option of several well chosen sizes comes second best. Say a medium large GUIs that fill most of a 1080p panel (also small but usable on 4k) and a small GUI for cheap or old laptops.
Softsynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 10:06 AM   #227
mrelwood

I noticed that the plugin doesn't restore it's parameters correctly when re-opening the project. This new version should fix that, amongst with at least some clicking behavior issues:

http://b.link/mrelwood_LinkEQ_0v64

Quote:
Nope, still the same...
I'm a bit baffled, how can it work on a Mac but not on Windows?! I will have to keep examining.

Quote:
Presets menu do not work correctly too, I can't load a previously saved preset or even reset to default.
Thanks. I might have an idea how to fix this.

Quote:
Is there a way too adjust default window value ? I'd love to set mine with a little bigger window and fixed value would make "sight earing" faster with always the same familiar window.
I'm not sure if I understand what you are saying. Do you mean that you'd like to set a bigger plugin size for every time you open up a new plugin instance? I don't think that such a setting can be stored with JS plugins.

Quote:
there's a weird line I surrounded with red...
Indeed. I'll see if I can make it go away.
Old 07-01-2019, 02:06 AM   #228
Regisfofo

mouse-click-stereo-mode seems ok now, but clicking and holding doesn't work anymore: as soon as cursor hover stereo it validates without me realeasing the button...

Quote:
I'm not sure if I understand what you are saying. Do you mean that you'd like to set a bigger plugin size for every time you open up a new plugin instance? I don't think that such a setting can be stored with JS plugins.
Yes, that's what I meant, but not a big deal!

When reopening a saved session with linkEq, it comes out with no nodes at all like default, but when I create one , old nodes seems to be created at the same time but set to other frequencies than before and gain at 0dB.

Seems to be happening randomely but sometimes I have to double click 3 or 4 times to create a node...

cheers
Old 07-01-2019, 05:56 AM   #229
Eliseat

Hi MrElwood,

for some reason the v64 version doesn't sync up any more. The first instance of LinkEQ opens like expected. Four bands are shown and it is in single mode. If I add another instance, then it also starts in single mode but no bands are shown. Turning the first to master and the second to slave doesn't do anything. Adding the four bands to the second instance also doesn't help to synchronize anything. Did I miss something?

Greetings
Eli
Old 07-01-2019, 07:47 AM   #230
mrelwood

Quote:
mouse-click-stereo-mode seems ok now, but clicking and holding doesn't work anymore: as soon as cursor hover stereo it validates without me realeasing the button...
I found some overlapping code related to the clicking behaviour. It now works consistently for me, let's see how it is now for you.

Quote:
Seems to be happening randomely but sometimes I have to double click 3 or 4 times to create a node...
To create a node the mouse cursor had to be near the EQ zero line. Double-clicking is no longer used for the cursor frequency, so I changed it so that the EQ node can now be created anywhere.

- Fixed: Nodes lost or reset at project load
- Fixed: Loading presets
- Improvements: Click-selection, click-behaviour, adding node behaviour
Edit:
- 0.66: Fixed focus switching to any info box parameter under mouse cursor while dragging.

http://b.link/mrelwood_LinkEQ_0v66

Last edited by mrelwood; 07-07-2019 at 11:31 PM.
Old 07-01-2019, 07:49 AM   #231
mrelwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliseat View Post
Did I miss something?
No, but I think I did. Please try with the new 0.65 above!
Old 07-01-2019, 11:33 AM   #232
Regisfofo

Everything seems to be working smoothly now.
Old 07-03-2019, 09:02 AM   #233
mrelwood

Routter just got updated with a Dual Mono mode in 1.15! Now you can choose any two channels for routing. The plugin also now shows how many channels the track currently has.

https://mrelwood5.wixsite.com/plugins
Old 07-03-2019, 09:17 PM   #234
sickamorz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolgwrad View Post
I'm stumped with the installation. I've tried every configuration of install folder I can, they don't show. Do they not work under Reaper 5.95, XP SP3?

Wait a minute - if I "Create new JSFX" with the right name, it then shows up! Hurrah! Hope this helps someone else, Thanks Mr. E.

BTW the GUI in DynEQ is superb, well done.

when you say create JSFX with the right name! ok, what is the right name? I followed the install instructions as stated in an instruction file that came with the plugin.
sickamorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 10:38 PM   #235
xpander

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickamorz View Post
I followed the install instructions as stated in an instruction file that came with the plugin.
You did create the mrelwood folder into the place given in instructions? After that you should move the unpacked "DynEQ_0v97" folder into that mrelwood folder you have created.
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 02:28 AM   #236
mrelwood

Hi everybody. Big day!

I opened a public beta for my upcoming virtual guitar amp AmpEra!

Old 07-07-2019, 02:31 AM   #237
Regisfofo

Ah!! nice to see it coming
Old 07-07-2019, 11:29 PM   #238
mrelwood

LinkEQ 0.65 introduced a stupid bug where focus would jump to any info box parameter under mouse cursor while dragging. Fixed for 0.66:

http://b.link/mrelwood_LinkEQ_0v66
Old 07-08-2019, 04:57 AM   #239
Regisfofo

I did a quick test with router 1.15 and found some little flaws :
- When opening a session with router, Copy/Move seems always set to copy until I open the router GUI.
- When clicking Input channels or to channels there is a 1sec blink where the button is inactive, that don't feel very responsive.
- When clicking once one of the faders it reacts as if I dragged it for 1seconde or so.

Mono option is really nice to have, thank you!

Edit : Spotted something with linkEq0v66 : Node types seems to be reseted to peak on every project loading...

Last edited by Regisfofo; 07-08-2019 at 05:04 AM.
Old 07-08-2019, 08:36 AM   #240
mrelwood

Quote:
Edit : Spotted something with linkEq0v66 : Node types seems to be reseted to peak on every project loading...
Ah, it was about time I learned how the parameters are stored properly! And here I thought I knew already...

LinkEQ 0.67, fixed: Some parameters not saving with project.

http://b.link/mrelwood_LinkEQ_0v67

And now I attack the Routter. Thank you so much again, Regisfofo!