Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

View Poll Results: Did you make a donation?
Yes 7 30.43%
No 3 13.04%
Not yet, but I plan to 13 56.52%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-28-2015, 05:32 PM   #41
Spacemen Tree
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter5992 View Post
I followed the instructions in the video, but I get an error message:

Can't load file: REAchelangelo.lua

Can't load file: REAzard of Oz.lua

Also, I have no idea how to dock this Toolbar Docker, I can drag it around the screen but no docking.

??
Did you re-load the scripts in the Actions window? Because you said you previously had assigned them. But if you followed my advice (as in the How To video) now the script is inside its folder so the path to the script now is different.

Have you tried deleting them in the Actions window and re-loading them? Because it seems that should be the problem. Don't forget you have to redo the steps to assign them to the toolbar.

To dock the toolbar, you right click and it will show some options.

Kenny Gioia has this great (what else? ) video on it. See this part:

https://youtu.be/LzesiU5_Blk?t=8m23s

Hope this solves it for you.

Last edited by Spacemen Tree; 12-28-2015 at 05:54 PM.
Spacemen Tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 06:07 PM   #42
prezbass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemen Tree View Post
Hi, Prezbass.

Well, it's a read/write error.

1. Is your REAPER install portable or normal?
2. Can you show me the contents of your REAzard of Oz dir?
3. Did it happen the first time you ran the script?
4. Is your project folder on another drive?
1. Normal.
2. The directory has a single .LUA file in it- REAzard of Oz.lua.
3. Yes. Continues to happen, too.
4. Yes. OS on C, projects are in a separate drive.

Also- I always start Reaper as an Administrator as well.
prezbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 06:13 PM   #43
Spacemen Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by prezbass View Post
1. Normal.
2. The directory has a single .LUA file in it- REAzard of Oz.lua.
3. Yes. Continues to happen, too.
4. Yes. OS on C, projects are in a separate drive.

Also- I always start Reaper as an Administrator as well.
Well, that got me stumped.
I just went ahead and did a test with a Reaper file on a separate HDD and it all went smoothly...
I was going to suggest the Admin thing but I see you got that covered.

Oh wait. You got your Scripts folder in your Reaper Resources dir right? Just like the How To video?
Old 12-28-2015, 06:41 PM   #44
prezbass

Quote:
Oh wait. You got your Scripts folder in your Reaper Resources dir right? Just like the How To video?
That was it! Wrong directory - I had it in c:\program files\reaperx64\scripts instead of my User's APPDATA.

Works great! Thanks for the assist!
prezbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 06:45 PM   #45
Spacemen Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by prezbass View Post
That was it! Wrong directory - I had it in c:\program files\reaperx64\scripts instead of my User's APPDATA.

Works great! Thanks for the assist!
No problem man. Glad it was sorted. I'll update the how to video to make it more clear.

Oh, hate to be a "parrot" but a donation would be much appreciated. By me and the shelters' animals. If you do use the script , even $1 would be of help.

Thanks.
Old 01-04-2016, 05:44 PM   #46
Spacemen Tree

UPDATE 05/01/2016
-------------------------

These scripts are, as of today, donation only. If you'd like to donate and receive a link to the scripts send me a PM.
All donations will still be channeled to the non-profit shelters listed below.

Those that made donations can expect future updates and a welcome ear to feature requests they might want to suggest (via PM please). Thank you for your generosity.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 02-13-2016, 07:18 PM   #47
Ozman

Hi, Spaceman Tee. I'd like to make a donation as well. I've already sent a pm a few says ago. Definitely think your script (Reazard of Oz) will be useful for me. Grouping interface is a a mich needed feature for some.

Also, as a feature consideration:
- simpler interface that can obey normal docking along with with unlimited groups (instead of a preset amount. Maybe start with none, and just add to them.
Ozman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 08:51 AM   #48
Ozman

Are these scripts available anymore?

If not, does anyone know of a script that does the same or similar to this?

Like, an interface for Track Groups?
Old 02-16-2016, 01:51 PM   #49
TheWhistler

Hi, I would be interested in these, but the links don´t seem to work anymore.
Is this intentional (´cause Xmas is over)?

Edit: Should have read better. Have seen, it´s donation ware now.
Will send a PM

Last edited by TheWhistler; 02-16-2016 at 03:47 PM.
TheWhistler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 07:47 PM   #50
Ozman

I'm really liking these scripts.

Functionality is executed well. I just wish for more responsive docking. The layout that these have require that they be displayed at a specific orientation. It would be nice if there was some fluidity in the flow of their content. For examppe, docking rheme at the top or bottom. Also, the socking buttons are nice but seem redundant, especially if these scripts' windows are allowed to be dragged to any docking position.

Last edited by Ozman; 02-19-2016 at 07:58 PM.
Old 03-20-2016, 10:05 PM   #51
Ozman

By any chance, do you think that you add a way to add selected track to a track group, Like holding ctrl or shift when right clicking a group?
Old 03-24-2016, 01:32 PM   #52
Spacemen Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozman View Post
I'm really liking these scripts.

Functionality is executed well. I just wish for more responsive docking. The layout that these have require that they be displayed at a specific orientation. It would be nice if there was some fluidity in the flow of their content. For examppe, docking rheme at the top or bottom. Also, the socking buttons are nice but seem redundant, especially if these scripts' windows are allowed to be dragged to any docking position.
Hi Ozman glad you are finding the scripts useful.
When these were coded, I made a few calls regarding the overall UI and decided it would make more sense to do it vertically oriented. At the time I toyed a bit with making it adapt to where the script was docked but seemed a bit pointless as it wouldn't be very easy to do. I haven't had much time to update functionality but I see there have been some Reaper updates that add and expand a few things in that department so this is just a quick word to say I'll be having some time off in a few weeks so I'll look into it.

As for the docking buttons, I got them there to speed up changing the docking spots. I found it reduced mouse clicks (in my case) and made docking overall easier especially when the scripts are not docked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozman View Post
By any chance, do you think that you add a way to add selected track to a track group, Like holding ctrl or shift when right clicking a group?
Not in the immediate future although I thought about it when coding v1 of the script. It did sound to me a bit redundant because when I tested the script what I would do when I needed to add a track was simply recall the group with selection enabled and then ctrl+click on the new track to select it as well and finally I'd store the group again. Not so much more convoluted I guess... But if you still think this won't do, can you show me your "real world" case? Maybe I pick up on that and make it better for everyone.

I'm guessing in a few weeks I'll revise the scripts and if I can put out another one for free that I've had in the works (but with little time to finish) so criticism is welcome.

Hug

Last edited by Spacemen Tree; 03-24-2016 at 01:43 PM.
Old 04-12-2016, 02:08 PM   #53
Ozman

Much thanks for the reply Spacemen Tree.
The reason I inquired about adding to already created groups, is because I do a lot of freezing, but I like to keep midi and effects separate during the freezing and unfreezing.

For example: I'd have a track that has a cpu hungry synth, I'd freeze it, then use another track (send or parent) and use mixing effects on it. During such a process, I'd like to group all the midi and source material together to be hidden, so that the arrange view doesn't get convoluted.

I like the way your script handles things, but I'm actually having to re-assign the groups (all target tracks selected) every time I desire to add another track to the group.

I was just hopeful that another "Append" mode could be activated, in which, the selected tracks can simply be added to a group (instead of having to select the all the items for the group, and re-assigning).

Again, much thanks.

Quote:
Hi Ozman glad you are finding the scripts useful.
When these were coded, I made a few calls regarding the overall UI and decided it would make more sense to do it vertically oriented. At the time I toyed a bit with making it adapt to where the script was docked but seemed a bit pointless as it wouldn't be very easy to do. I haven't had much time to update functionality but I see there have been some Reaper updates that add and expand a few things in that department so this is just a quick word to say I'll be having some time off in a few weeks so I'll look into it.

As for the docking buttons, I got them there to speed up changing the docking spots. I found it reduced mouse clicks (in my case) and made docking overall easier especially when the scripts are not docked.

Not in the immediate future although I thought about it when coding v1 of the script. It did sound to me a bit redundant because when I tested the script what I would do when I needed to add a track was simply recall the group with selection enabled and then ctrl+click on the new track to select it as well and finally I'd store the group again. Not so much more convoluted I guess... But if you still think this won't do, can you show me your "real world" case? Maybe I pick up on that and make it better for everyone.

I'm guessing in a few weeks I'll revise the scripts and if I can put out another one for free that I've had in the works (but with little time to finish) so criticism is welcome.

Hug
Old 05-11-2016, 10:38 PM   #54
Spacemen Tree

As promised version 2 is on the way. Not ready yet but it should be in a few days.
I tried to accommodate for all the FRs.

Here's a quick look at the new UI. It might change a bit but this is close to the final look of it. Your input please. Thanks

Old 05-12-2016, 01:18 AM   #55
X-Raym

sure thing : you are still a master of GFX !
X-Raym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 02:26 PM   #56
musicbynumbers

Very very cool!

I currently do this with a massive toolbar and lots of sws cyle actions so this would be great!

I've not had a chance to try version 1 much but will donate for sure with version 2!

Keep up the great work!
Old 05-24-2016, 06:39 PM   #57
Spacemen Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Raym View Post
sure thing : you are still a master of GFX !
Thanks man!! Very nice of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicbynumbers View Post
Very very cool!

I currently do this with a massive toolbar and lots of sws cyle actions so this would be great!

I've not had a chance to try version 1 much but will donate for sure with version 2!

Keep up the great work!
Thanks Mbn. V2 is almost almost done.
Old 05-24-2016, 06:42 PM   #58
Spacemen Tree

* NEW: Option to select items along with tracks when recalling groups (Alez156 request)
* NEW: Possible to add tracks to already created groups, no need to recall or resave group (Ozman request)
* NEW: Expanded groups (up to 48)
* NEW: Revised UI
* more still to come... ETA of the script possibly next week.

Here is a teaser:

Last edited by Spacemen Tree; 05-24-2016 at 06:49 PM.
Old 05-25-2016, 10:28 AM   #59
musicbynumbers

woo hoo!
Old 05-29-2016, 06:05 AM   #60
Spacemen Tree

Been toying with a new color system for groups.

6 x 32 color palettes (yellows, blues, oranges,etc...)

2 x 32 user palettes (.txt file editable hex format)

what do you think?

Old 05-29-2016, 05:08 PM   #61
musicbynumbers

Looks very easy and fast to use from the gif so all good with me! nice job!
Old 05-29-2016, 09:27 PM   #62
X-Raym

You are so good at GUI :P
Old 05-31-2016, 12:26 AM   #63
Spacemen Tree

thanks guys.

95% there. Probably ready mid week.
Old 06-06-2016, 08:37 AM   #64
Spacemen Tree

Looking for people to test the script.
I have little time nowadays to test it out, so if anyone's up to it let me know.

I'll be making it free in the coming week or so.
Old 06-06-2016, 03:13 PM   #65
musicbynumbers

Quote:
Looking for people to test the script.
I have little time nowadays to test it out, so if anyone's up to it let me know.

I'll be making it free in the coming week or so.
I'd be up for testing it later this week or weekend when I'm more free

It would most likely replace a massive toolbar I have on my left side of the arrange so it's potentially a big helper for me.
Old 06-06-2016, 05:11 PM   #66
Spacemen Tree

Thanks. It's fairly complex now, so I do really need some real world testing done.
As soon as I have it fully working I 'll PM you.
Old 06-14-2016, 09:47 AM   #67
X-Raym

@spacemantree
Hi

Do you have any website with resource about your scripts ?
Old 06-14-2016, 05:48 PM   #68
Spacemen Tree

Quote:
@spacemantree
Hi

Do you have any website with resource about your scripts ?
Hi X-Raym. Always one step ahead huh?
I was actually going to ask you or any other member of the script team if they would do me the honor of hosting my little scripts. I am pretty sure, from my understanding, that it's not going to be very laborious because right now I'm a bit swamped and thus won't spit out new versions every other day, but I do want to get this done.
Just finished a sort of beta of "REAzard of Oz v2" (finally!).
Feel like Morrissey, "I was looking for a job and then I found a job and Heaven knows I'm miserable now" eheheheh
Old 06-14-2016, 06:12 PM   #69
Spacemen Tree

Here is a demo licecap. Please excuse the crudeness, little time.

I will come back tomorrow and upload it to the stash for people to test it out, and write a small explanation on how it works if the above does not illustrate well. I may do some youtube video later on (maybe the weekend) but if someone wants to jump at that he/she would get my thanks.

I am sure there's a few bugs as I coded it bit by bit with days apart and as I'm no programmer even I sometimes had to retrace what I had done previously.
Tomorrow we'll know better.
Old 06-15-2016, 02:34 AM   #70
X-Raym

@Spacemen Tree
You could join ReaTab og GitHub
This way, you could upload your scripts with the others, and they could be downloaded from ReaPack
Let me know if you are interested.
Old 06-15-2016, 04:03 PM   #71
Spacemen Tree

REAzard of Oz v2 is up.

Check the first post. Read it through the end.Thank you.
Old 06-16-2016, 11:14 AM   #72
musicbynumbers

awesome!

I'll check it out as soon as I can. Probably not till next week now but looking forward to it and will donate too!
Old 06-16-2016, 03:19 PM   #73
Spacemen Tree

Quote:
@Spacemen Tree
You could join ReaTab og GitHub
This way, you could upload your scripts with the others, and they could be downloaded from ReaPack
Let me know if you are interested.
Thanks! I was thinking on something like that. Sorta like distributed by the Cfillion extension but I'm yet to familiarize myself with that. I'll look into it over the weekend.

Quote:
awesome!

I'll check it out as soon as I can. Probably not till next week now but looking forward to it and will donate too!
Thanks man. Let me know your thoughts on it. I have not tested it extensively like v1 so some stuff might not be 100%. Feedback is appreciated.
Old 07-11-2016, 08:51 AM   #74
musicbynumbers

Hey Spacemen tree!

Just wanted to say that although I've not had time to get on reaper much recently I wanted to say I tried your amazing script out briefly and it seems stable and amazing so far

I will get round to trying it properly in the next few weeks once things settle down here and then donate some money too.

Keep up the great work!
Old 07-19-2016, 04:23 PM   #75
Spacemen Tree

Quote:
Hey Spacemen tree!

Just wanted to say that although I've not had time to get on reaper much recently I wanted to say I tried your amazing script out briefly and it seems stable and amazing so far

I will get round to trying it properly in the next few weeks once things settle down here and then donate some money too.

Keep up the great work!
Thanks man!
Let me know how it went.
Old 07-28-2016, 05:14 PM   #76
Ozman

Shux, man! Spacemen Tree, awesome update!
This thing looks sleek. And you've added Appending AND easier colorizing.

Dude, really diggin this one.
Definitely will be testing.
Old 10-04-2016, 04:39 PM   #77
MikComposer

I found presumably a bug. I had two projects opened, run the script in one, checked it out, then went to another project and it was already opened, had already tracks set the way I set it in project no1, even thought p1 was set to Project and not global. I went in to remove those track in p2 from group and then script and reaper crashed.
Old 10-05-2016, 02:08 PM   #78
benmiller

looks like a cool script but I can't get it to work! I get this error
"...n Support/REAPER/Scripts/REAzard of Oz/REAzard of Oz.lua:1128: attempt to index a nil value (local 'shade')"

and there is folder that get's creates next to the project folder with the name "nameofmyproject\REAwOz_files"

seeing that backslash makes it look like the script is trying to create a folder but is using a backslash "" instead of a regular slash "/" and thus creating the wrong folder with a "" in the name and not finding it afterwards....

using reaper 5.25 on osx 10.10.5

cheers
benmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 01:32 PM   #79
Spacemen Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikComposer View Post
I found presumably a bug. I had two projects opened, run the script in one, checked it out, then went to another project and it was already opened, had already tracks set the way I set it in project no1, even thought p1 was set to Project and not global. I went in to remove those track in p2 from group and then script and reaper crashed.
Hi Mik. I'm sorry but I don't have access to a PC these days and also little time so that might be a live with it for a while type of bug... Sorry. Anyway can you explain the above with a bit more detail? Just so if a oportunity arises to fix it... Thanks.
Old 10-08-2016, 01:36 PM   #80
Spacemen Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by benmiller View Post
looks like a cool script but I can't get it to work! I get this error
"...n Support/REAPER/Scripts/REAzard of Oz/REAzard of Oz.lua:1128: attempt to index a nil value (local 'shade')"

and there is folder that get's creates next to the project folder with the name "nameofmyproject\REAwOz_files"

seeing that backslash makes it look like the script is trying to create a folder but is using a backslash "" instead of a regular slash "/" and thus creating the wrong folder with a "" in the name and not finding it afterwards....

using reaper 5.25 on osx 10.10.5

cheers
Sorry to hear that Ben. I see you went in there so I hope you were able to fix it.
I had almost zero feedback when I got the last version out and I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to OSX so... Anyway, hope you got it working.