Old 02-11-2018, 03:49 PM   #4521
Arthur McArthur
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Toronto
Posts: 373
Default

Just catching up: Delete orphaned subsets, locked controls, and version number all working great for me here!
Arthur McArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 04:53 PM   #4522
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,493
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasombre View Post
awesome! Thank you a lot! Happy frequent updating days ahead for me again
ok - done

New folder in github - Extras.

OPTIONAL - if you don't want to change any keyboard shortcuts - ignore this.

Place the keycommands.ini file in LBXCS_resources folder.

edit to suit... - I won't add this to the resources folder by default - otherwise it will overwrite any changes you've made.

If you don't have the keycommands.ini file in the resources folder - it will use the defaults (as are set up in the ini file to begin with). Note also - I probably won't keep this ini file up to date - which means if I add new key commands to Stripper - you will need to look at the code in KeyPress() function and add the 'key' identifier and value to the ini file manually. If it's in the ini file - it will automatically be loaded when the script loads. EDIT - to clarify - if a key is missing from the ini file - the default setting will be used - so you don't need to worry if I add new commands - you only need to update the ini file with them if you are unhappy with the ones I've chosen.

Quite a few tweaks I've been working on - small layout changes to ctl options window.

Control browser now keeps a backbuffer of the visible page of controls - so there is no limit to how many controls show up - and this frees up a lot of bitmaps for use elsewhere (before it was populating 80 odd separate bitmaps with the controls in the browser - whereas now it just loads each one over the previous and prints them directly to the backbuffer.

Actually - thinking about it now (haha) - ~I'll need to limit this to 2048x2048 pixels or it will not display properly. Will do tomorrow. Also - another minor bug in that if you resize the script window whilst the browser is open - it doesn't refresh the backbuffer so things become misaligned and the clicked on control isn't the control you expect - but just close/reopen the browser / change control type or simply change browser page and it will sort itself out.

Will fix these small issues tomorrow. The main one to watch out for is if you have a really hi-res screen and the browser becomes bigger than 2048x2048. Sadly I don't own such a screen - but the added bonus being this won't be a problem for me!

Another thing added - if you hold shift while adjusting panel size or top bar size in settings it will match the top bar size to the panel size (so title bars remain equal - at least with the LBX Dark theme (the default theme doesn't match up - but I don't like this theme anyway - and will likely replace/adjust it in the future)). Just a small tweak - but makes things sit nicer together in the interface.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal

Last edited by lb0; 02-11-2018 at 05:13 PM.
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 05:05 PM   #4523
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,493
Default

Actually - I've added the limits to ctl browser size already. - that one really bothered me as it would make the browser useless on huge-res screens if the script window was say made the size of the screen.

So script version 0.94.0010 is the latest version with the limits in place. (note version numbers will likely go up quite quick as every time I upload it increases by 1. So little fixes like this will bump it up again.

Still - nice to be able to keep track.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 05:06 PM   #4524
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,493
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur McArthur View Post
Just catching up: Delete orphaned subsets, locked controls, and version number all working great for me here!
Great!
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 05:08 PM   #4525
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,493
Default

Ooooh - nearly forgot. Latest update requires new resources/skins download. Added small round buttons to ctl options for changing page (never really liked the number up down - this is more direct and visually pleasing (maybe not quite so on minimum panel size though).
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 05:10 PM   #4526
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,493
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
Hi lb0.

Version numbers ... thanks for taking the time to figure this out. Nice to know if we're up to date.

As for 'rollback'. Personally, I'd most likely want to return to a previous version should an issue arise in the latest [which you seem to fix so quickly that the point becomes moot]. It's more a safety value as I see it.

rj
Well - you'll need to have registered which was your previously favourite version (latest (higher version numbers) will be at the top) - to revert back to the last one.

Think it'll be pretty straightforward if required.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 05:43 PM   #4527
dasombre
Human being with feelings
 
dasombre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 487
Default

great update!! quite some stuff inside. i'm off to test the keycommands.ini.
Biiig big thanks for this! This will save me a lot of time. Now I'll have to only adjust my keys once and happy stripping
Thank you very much!

...will report back

EDIT:
1.) keycommands.ini works great and much easier to edit then before really a big timesaver.

2.) finally could see the new strip-browser. It is just great! Love the docking and resizing abilities of it. It could maybe remember it's position, because when stripbrowser is docked and i put it on left or right side of the screen, opening the side-panel or the snapshots-window moves it to the side (which is good) but after closing one of those the strip-browser stays at the new position and does not move back.
This is just some nitpicky information though.

3.) I noticed the left-sidepanel go black randomly when opening modulators via the native keycommand "2". I don't use modulators for now so this key is the default one in my setup, but wanted to report.

4.) had a quite random crash twice - hard to reproduce - but it's related to having one of the "Tool"-windows" open like "TRACK FX ORDER" or "MODULATORS" or "PINS" window and changing the selected track via mouse in reaper itself while leaving one of those tool-windows open.
the error-log says: "LBX stripper.lua: 42225: attempt to index a nil value (field '?')

now while typing I had crash No.3: pins-window open and i clicked into the black area of the main stripper-window. Error says: nil-value at 42380.

Will try to narrow those crashes down, but it seems to be related to those toolwindows.

That's it for now from me.
The Stripbrowser is so cool, makes everything look really neat. And the ability to change the category is also very nice.

EDIT 2: I can reproduce the "42380" crash now: when you open the PINS-window (shortcut "4") and change track while PINS is open, then click into somewhere black in the stripper window again the crash comes up. Sometimes also without changing selected track first - just by clicking into black area while PINS is open. Hope this helps.

EDIT 3: Okaaay, the crash happens only when you have pins-window open on a track without FX on it, and click anywhere in the stripper window again. Not a biggie if one knows it. But somehow easy to trigger if you don't take care. But in this case it's almost user-error then

EDIT 4: an observation regarding the left side-panel: the upper area is always minimized to show only 1 fx, or 1 folder for strips, or 1 folder for graphics. When I resize that and close and open stripper, it's again minimized and makes it a bit hard to browse. I remember this being saved, even after reopening stripper. Also, the upper area of the left panel has seperate sizes for each of the categories...this does not bother me, but one has now to resize everything before actually browsing in the fx, graphics, strips etc.
Example: you browse for the fx to add aome controls -> resize upper area so you can see all FX. Then you want to choose some graphics -> first resize upper area for browsing. Then you wanna save a strip in a certain category: Press "S" then resize upper area to find your folder/category then save.

Last edited by dasombre; 02-11-2018 at 07:39 PM.
dasombre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 01:05 AM   #4528
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,493
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasombre View Post
great update!! quite some stuff inside. i'm off to test the keycommands.ini.
Biiig big thanks for this! This will save me a lot of time. Now I'll have to only adjust my keys once and happy stripping
Thank you very much!

...will report back

EDIT:
1.) keycommands.ini works great and much easier to edit then before really a big timesaver.

2.) finally could see the new strip-browser. It is just great! Love the docking and resizing abilities of it. It could maybe remember it's position, because when stripbrowser is docked and i put it on left or right side of the screen, opening the side-panel or the snapshots-window moves it to the side (which is good) but after closing one of those the strip-browser stays at the new position and does not move back.
This is just some nitpicky information though.

3.) I noticed the left-sidepanel go black randomly when opening modulators via the native keycommand "2". I don't use modulators for now so this key is the default one in my setup, but wanted to report.

4.) had a quite random crash twice - hard to reproduce - but it's related to having one of the "Tool"-windows" open like "TRACK FX ORDER" or "MODULATORS" or "PINS" window and changing the selected track via mouse in reaper itself while leaving one of those tool-windows open.
the error-log says: "LBX stripper.lua: 42225: attempt to index a nil value (field '?')

now while typing I had crash No.3: pins-window open and i clicked into the black area of the main stripper-window. Error says: nil-value at 42380.

Will try to narrow those crashes down, but it seems to be related to those toolwindows.

That's it for now from me.
The Stripbrowser is so cool, makes everything look really neat. And the ability to change the category is also very nice.

EDIT 2: I can reproduce the "42380" crash now: when you open the PINS-window (shortcut "4") and change track while PINS is open, then click into somewhere black in the stripper window again the crash comes up. Sometimes also without changing selected track first - just by clicking into black area while PINS is open. Hope this helps.

EDIT 3: Okaaay, the crash happens only when you have pins-window open on a track without FX on it, and click anywhere in the stripper window again. Not a biggie if one knows it. But somehow easy to trigger if you don't take care. But in this case it's almost user-error then

EDIT 4: an observation regarding the left side-panel: the upper area is always minimized to show only 1 fx, or 1 folder for strips, or 1 folder for graphics. When I resize that and close and open stripper, it's again minimized and makes it a bit hard to browse. I remember this being saved, even after reopening stripper. Also, the upper area of the left panel has seperate sizes for each of the categories...this does not bother me, but one has now to resize everything before actually browsing in the fx, graphics, strips etc.
Example: you browse for the fx to add aome controls -> resize upper area so you can see all FX. Then you want to choose some graphics -> first resize upper area for browsing. Then you wanna save a strip in a certain category: Press "S" then resize upper area to find your folder/category then save.
I would say any error that results in a crash is certainly NOT user error. But obviously something I've not tested yet.

Thanks for the detailed report!! - will get on fixes when I have a moment.

If any of these are caused by changing the ini file (you mention something about the 2 key - what have you set it to?) - you may need to give me details of what you've done regarding the changes.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 01:14 AM   #4529
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,493
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasombre View Post
EDIT 4: an observation regarding the left side-panel: the upper area is always minimized to show only 1 fx, or 1 folder for strips, or 1 folder for graphics. When I resize that and close and open stripper, it's again minimized and makes it a bit hard to browse. I remember this being saved, even after reopening stripper. Also, the upper area of the left panel has seperate sizes for each of the categories...this does not bother me, but one has now to resize everything before actually browsing in the fx, graphics, strips etc.
Example: you browse for the fx to add aome controls -> resize upper area so you can see all FX. Then you want to choose some graphics -> first resize upper area for browsing. Then you wanna save a strip in a certain category: Press "S" then resize upper area to find your folder/category then save.
Not sure what's happening here. Every time I open the script - the top element of each sidebar mode is always roughly 5 lines tall (ie. making 5 things show in the list).

The only time this has not been the case for me has been when a crash has caused the script window to open really tiny and I've had to expand it). So only ever see it when a crash has occurred - and this shouldn't happen anyway.

If this happens all the time for you - does it happen if you have the script window bigger when you open it?

EDIT: ok - if you have the vertical height of the script window really small (and I mean really small! maybe 150 pixels high - then it does reduce it. I'll see if I can make it get bigger if you make the window bigger.

EDIT2: Yep - I got what you mean I think. shrinking the script window shrinks the top list size and doesn't return it when you expand the script window again which I can understand would be annoying. Will look into...
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal

Last edited by lb0; 02-12-2018 at 03:40 AM.
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 02:00 AM   #4530
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,493
Default

the crashes should be prevented now anyway!
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 03:39 AM   #4531
dasombre
Human being with feelings
 
dasombre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 487
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Not sure what's happening here. Every time I open the script - the top element of each sidebar mode is always roughly 5 lines tall (ie. making 5 things show in the list).

The only time this has not been the case for me has been when a crash has caused the script window to open really tiny and I've had to expand it). So only ever see it when a crash has occurred - and this shouldn't happen anyway.

If this happens all the time for you - does it happen if you have the script window bigger when you open it?

EDIT: ok - if you have the vertical height of the script window really small (and I mean really small! maybe 150 pixels high - then it does reduce it. I'll see if I can make it get bigger if you make the window bigger.
ahh, i think i know whats happening here then. I've minimized the docked window of Stripper completely because it is docked. This might confuse the "docked" stripper layout. I will resize the undocked window again and then it should work

EDIT: sorry, I've minimized the UN-docked stripper window, NOT docked window.

Last edited by dasombre; 02-12-2018 at 03:49 AM.
dasombre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 03:41 AM   #4532
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,493
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasombre View Post
ahh, i think i know whats happening here then. I've minimized the docked window of Stripper completely because it is docked. This might confuse the "docked" stripper layout. I will resize the undocked window again and then it should work
just edited my previous post about this - there is an issue I think so will look into.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 03:46 AM   #4533
dasombre
Human being with feelings
 
dasombre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 487
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
If any of these are caused by changing the ini file (you mention something about the 2 key - what have you set it to?) - you may need to give me details of what you've done regarding the changes.
The shortcut for Modulators is "2" natively. I have not changed that in the keycommands.ini. I'v only changed the basic ones like Live mode to "D", sidepanel to "A" and so. I've just put in the same numbers into the keycommand.ini as I did into the Stripper.lua.
It all works fine as before. Just that sometimes the sidepanel goes black when hitting key 2 for modulators.
As I mentioned, I don't use modulators for now, but it happened when I tried out all available shortcuts to confirm my mod working.

Thank you for removing the possible crash when clicking into black area of a track without FX in PINS-mode.

Regarding the Strip-browser: i had it wrong yesterday. THe window is docked on top and when undocked and moved to a side it gets moved and does not move back.
This is not a problem actually. I can leave it docked on top of the stripper-window
dasombre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 03:48 AM   #4534
dasombre
Human being with feelings
 
dasombre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 487
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
just edited my previous post about this - there is an issue I think so will look into.
ok, thanks a lot. Making the undocked window bigger is really not a problem here. I've just made it tiny so it looks better while it opens up, because for a fraction of the second it's shown undocked before it goes into docked mode when opening the script. That is just an OCD-thing of mine

So, nothing to worry. I will resize my undocked stripper-window again, and then it should be fine.
dasombre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 05:12 AM   #4535
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,493
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasombre View Post
ok, thanks a lot. Making the undocked window bigger is really not a problem here. I've just made it tiny so it looks better while it opens up, because for a fraction of the second it's shown undocked before it goes into docked mode when opening the script. That is just an OCD-thing of mine

So, nothing to worry. I will resize my undocked stripper-window again, and then it should be fine.
Hopefully - the latest update 0012 (if I've understood correctly) should correct this. It now has a default size for all the top lists - which only gets changed if you manually resize using the little bar. If it gets resized due to a small script window - then it will return the top lists to their default size when allowed (ie. script window made bigger).

I think this should address your issue so you can make the script window tiny again should you wish.

This also makes it neater if you shrink the script window for any other reason and then open it back out - the lists should 'bounce back' to their original positions.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 05:14 AM   #4536
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,493
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasombre View Post
The shortcut for Modulators is "2" natively. I have not changed that in the keycommands.ini. I'v only changed the basic ones like Live mode to "D", sidepanel to "A" and so. I've just put in the same numbers into the keycommand.ini as I did into the Stripper.lua.
It all works fine as before. Just that sometimes the sidepanel goes black when hitting key 2 for modulators.
As I mentioned, I don't use modulators for now, but it happened when I tried out all available shortcuts to confirm my mod working.

Thank you for removing the possible crash when clicking into black area of a track without FX in PINS-mode.

Regarding the Strip-browser: i had it wrong yesterday. THe window is docked on top and when undocked and moved to a side it gets moved and does not move back.
This is not a problem actually. I can leave it docked on top of the stripper-window
Still not quite sure what's going on here - or fully sure I understand what you've done. If there's a blatent repeatable graphical bug which will show up in a gif...
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 05:22 AM   #4537
dasombre
Human being with feelings
 
dasombre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 487
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Hopefully - the latest update 0012 (if I've understood correctly) should correct this. It now has a default size for all the top lists - which only gets changed if you manually resize using the little bar. If it gets resized due to a small script window - then it will return the top lists to their default size when allowed (ie. script window made bigger).

I think this should address your issue so you can make the script window tiny again should you wish.

This also makes it neater if you shrink the script window for any other reason and then open it back out - the lists should 'bounce back' to their original positions.
sounds great! Thank you!
dasombre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 05:24 AM   #4538
dasombre
Human being with feelings
 
dasombre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 487
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Still not quite sure what's going on here - or fully sure I understand what you've done. If there's a blatent repeatable graphical bug which will show up in a gif...
I will try this later again and see if I can reproduce.
Basically what happens is: left sidepanel is open (strips/graphics/FX/parameters), you press Key "2" for modulators view in Live-Mode, and sometimes (almost random and very rarely) the left sidepanel goes black (looses all content) after pressing the "2".

That's the explanation whats happening, but will try to reproduce if I can.
dasombre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 08:38 AM   #4539
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,493
Default

And another few things I forgot with the latest tweaks...

You can now right-click on the fx parameter list (in sidebar in FX edit mode) to bring up the control browser in order to choose a control graphic before dragging in a parameter. So no need to choose after the parameter has been dropped on the strip via control options if you don't want to.

And the other one I've been playing with is allowing controls to be scaled up - as well as down. Now the scale range goes from 0.5 - 1.5 - with middle being unscaled. You can double-click or ctrl click on the scale slider in CTL OPTIONS to reset to middle/unscaled.

Generally - controls look bad if scaled up - they look blurry or pixelated - but some plain style controls look ok - so it's worth having the option. Obviously - I have ensured that altering the range has made no difference to anything that has been created thus far - just before scale was limited to 1 - now it's 1.5. I don't plan to increase it any further as I wanted the middle position to be the reset position.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 02:08 PM   #4540
Arthur McArthur
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Toronto
Posts: 373
Default

Launching parameter list from fx list and scaling up both working great over here.

One thing strange with subsets I just noticed is the number of them in the statistics window is higher than the ones actually in the strip: https://imgur.com/a/J6L7n . There are only 9 subsets, but statistics is reporting 13. I'm trying to cut down on subsets as much as possible, as the current version of the mega-strip I've been building is looking like it's going to end up with 12k-15k controls (currently it has a 30-35 second save time which I really want to cut down.)

Another issue I'm having with controls is that I can't seem to get the default value right on the "tune" knob for Kontact with a CC control: https://imgur.com/a/5irRq . I can get -.28, or .28 but not 0.
Arthur McArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 02:31 PM   #4541
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,493
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur McArthur View Post
Launching parameter list from fx list and scaling up both working great over here.

One thing strange with subsets I just noticed is the number of them in the statistics window is higher than the ones actually in the strip: https://imgur.com/a/J6L7n . There are only 9 subsets, but statistics is reporting 13. I'm trying to cut down on subsets as much as possible, as the current version of the mega-strip I've been building is looking like it's going to end up with 12k-15k controls (currently it has a 30-35 second save time which I really want to cut down.)

Another issue I'm having with controls is that I can't seem to get the default value right on the "tune" knob for Kontact with a CC control: https://imgur.com/a/5irRq . I can get -.28, or .28 but not 0.
You can set the default value by setting the value to 0 in kontakt and then Ctrl-right click the default value slider (sets it to current value of the parameter).

MIDI CC's do not have fine enough resolution to hit the exact value. So if you must use a CC control - then it may not be possible as they only have 128 steps. I have had this problem with CC values before with some Nebula library gain parameters.

I wouldn't worry too much about the stats - it is technically correct as it counts the PAGE snapshots too - and each strip page will automatically have a PAGE snapshot set whether there are controls on the page or not. So you have 9 subsets + 4 page sets. Whatever it says - it is correct and there are no 'invisible' or 'lost' ones, the design won't allow it. I think Timbral pointed this out many moons ago as it confused him too.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 04:42 PM   #4542
Arthur McArthur
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Toronto
Posts: 373
Default

Ah ok- got it, thanks!
Arthur McArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 06:50 PM   #4543
dasombre
Human being with feelings
 
dasombre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 487
Default

Just saying this: everything running smooth and fine now.
The Top-List in the left-panel is back and expanded again.

Could not make the left panel go black randomly anymore when opening mod-view by pressing key "2".

And one more word about the strip-browser: SOOO COOL!!
Finally I got to making some png's for the previews, and it looks just neat and is very useful in the workflow. Really great and beautiful add-on.
Maybe the strip-browser could remember the chosen Folder/Category when closing and re-opening stripper. But this is maybe not for everybody.

Also really love the fact that I can just update the script always without editing my keys first. Makes me feel "back on the edge" haha.
Big thanks to the Maestro

EDIT: and choosing the control-image before dragging in is great too! Have to try scaling up sometime soon, but will be very handy also.
dasombre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 07:07 AM   #4544
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,493
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasombre View Post
Just saying this: everything running smooth and fine now.
The Top-List in the left-panel is back and expanded again.

Could not make the left panel go black randomly anymore when opening mod-view by pressing key "2".

And one more word about the strip-browser: SOOO COOL!!
Finally I got to making some png's for the previews, and it looks just neat and is very useful in the workflow. Really great and beautiful add-on.
Maybe the strip-browser could remember the chosen Folder/Category when closing and re-opening stripper. But this is maybe not for everybody.

Also really love the fact that I can just update the script always without editing my keys first. Makes me feel "back on the edge" haha.
Big thanks to the Maestro

EDIT: and choosing the control-image before dragging in is great too! Have to try scaling up sometime soon, but will be very handy also.
Glad you like it

Still don't know what was going on with the left panel going black - probably a specific set of circumstances - I've never seen it happen - if it does happen again - just let me know


BTW - version 0013 from last night was a minor bugfix where if you were in FX edit mode and you delete the track you had open in stripper - the script would crash. This is now fixed.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 03:01 AM   #4545
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,493
Default

Update

Number of bug fixes - including fix for setting fader (in settings) which controls whatever control is under the mouse. Seems this hasn't been working for a while due to some careless checking code for the faders which meant the fader couldn't be set up properly and even if it could - the script would forget the setting when reloading. Should work ok now - but still experimental and not all control types work yet...


Also - finally been tidying the Settings page - separated the different settings options into various sub-pages. I've tried to put the items under sensible categories and fairly happy with it - but not everything might be in perfect place yet. Bonus - small description for each setting that should help explain a little better what each setting is for.

Added grid colour option (in settings) for EDIT mode as the default black was often not very visible depending on what colour you set the background to.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 07:45 AM   #4546
timbralzoom
Human being with feelings
 
timbralzoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Turkey/Istanbul
Posts: 1,461
Default

Beautifulissimo!
also love the mouse hover tooltips!
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 07:48 AM   #4547
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,493
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
Beautifulissimo!
also love the mouse hover tooltips!
Thanks! I think it's an improvement - I was beginning to forget myself what some of the options were for
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 01:38 PM   #4548
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,493
Default

Update 0.94.0015

Small one to address a couple of minor bugs.

Also adds a soft takeover indicator - so if you have set up the mouse-over fader in settings - an indicator will appear when hovering over a control on the strip to show soft takeover status (to make it easier to work out when the midi control is about to takeover the controls value). A red square around the control means the takeover position hasnnd yet - it changes to green when takeover has succeeded. Two small vertical lines above the control indicate the takeover position - these two lines need to meet in the middle to hit the takeover position - so if they are getting further apart - means you're turning the midi knob the wrong way.

The indicator can be switched off in settings.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 11:58 AM   #4549
timbralzoom
Human being with feelings
 
timbralzoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Turkey/Istanbul
Posts: 1,461
Default

i just (yesterday-night) discover
the right click to Open GUI control to close plugin GUI
-actually was planning to make suggestion exact same thing
then i remember the rule "try before cry" .. wolaa!!
no idea how did i miss!

Thank you so much!
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 12:54 PM   #4550
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,493
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
i just (yesterday-night) discover
the right click to Open GUI control to close plugin GUI
-actually was planning to make suggestion exact same thing
then i remember the rule "try before cry" .. wolaa!!
no idea how did i miss!

Thank you so much!
haha - don't remember that one either... but I obviously did it at some point
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 01:06 PM   #4551
timbralzoom
Human being with feelings
 
timbralzoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Turkey/Istanbul
Posts: 1,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
haha - don't remember that one either... but I obviously did it at some point
also controls now has positive resize?
beautiful!!
but now on must be careful about the graphic quality
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 01:57 PM   #4552
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,493
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
also controls now has positive resize?
beautiful!!
but now on must be careful about the graphic quality
yep - enlarging many types of control will look a bit rubbish. But some simple flatish squarish controls without too much detail look ok.

You can double click the scale slider to switch back to default scale of 1.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 01:58 PM   #4553
Arthur McArthur
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Toronto
Posts: 373
Default

Loving the new settings page! The tooltips helped me find some useful settings I had no idea were there!
Arthur McArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 02:03 PM   #4554
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,493
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur McArthur View Post
Loving the new settings page! The tooltips helped me find some useful settings I had no idea were there!
Apart from making it neater and add scope for more settings when required - this was the plan!! Was no order to the old settings menu so unless you had followed this entire thread (and have a very good memory) - it was very difficult to know what settings did what - even I had forgotten some of them!!

Glad you like the change - I was a little worried that separating them into pages adds more clicks to find what you want - but I figured the settings page is only visited once in a while to change something - and organizing them better would be preferable.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 02:13 PM   #4555
Arthur McArthur
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Toronto
Posts: 373
Default

The organization is definitely preferable to me! And the settings I change most often are still all on the first page of settings, so it's a win-win IMO
Arthur McArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 02:50 PM   #4556
timbralzoom
Human being with feelings
 
timbralzoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Turkey/Istanbul
Posts: 1,461
Default Controls & Graphics Update

https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2068

not a major one .. a few new knobs & bg images.
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 03:40 PM   #4557
RJHollins
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,195
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2068

not a major one .. a few new knobs & bg images.
Always appreciate your sharing !

thanks
RJHollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 11:07 PM   #4558
timbralzoom
Human being with feelings
 
timbralzoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Turkey/Istanbul
Posts: 1,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
Always appreciate your sharing !

thanks
Have Fun!
..
i think i found how to reproduce that Main Browser blackout thingy
its Track Fx Order window (wasn't Strip Browser)
-press 1 to open Track Fx Order window (TFXO-W)
-you can press to 1 for open/close as long as you want with no problem
-but when you click to empty area or click to any control while TFXO-W "OPEN"
-first TFXO-W close itself automatically (i believe expected)
-then when you press to 1 again to call TFXO-W,
main browser totally (tabs & lists) turns to black..

A- restarting Stripper fixes
B- pressing "4" FX Chain Matrix also fixes

now the extra info:
if you fix via restart the Stripper
blackout repeats when you click to empty area or click to a control while TFXO-W open
but!
if you press to 4 and fix the blackout

while TFXO-W open clicking empty area or a control never cause the problem anymore.

that's what i found so far.
hope make sense.
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 04:24 AM   #4559
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,493
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
Have Fun!
..
i think i found how to reproduce that Main Browser blackout thingy
its Track Fx Order window (wasn't Strip Browser)
-press 1 to open Track Fx Order window (TFXO-W)
-you can press to 1 for open/close as long as you want with no problem
-but when you click to empty area or click to any control while TFXO-W "OPEN"
-first TFXO-W close itself automatically (i believe expected)
-then when you press to 1 again to call TFXO-W,
main browser totally (tabs & lists) turns to black..

A- restarting Stripper fixes
B- pressing "4" FX Chain Matrix also fixes

now the extra info:
if you fix via restart the Stripper
blackout repeats when you click to empty area or click to a control while TFXO-W open
but!
if you press to 4 and fix the blackout

while TFXO-W open clicking empty area or a control never cause the problem anymore.

that's what i found so far.
hope make sense.
Thanks for your detailed testing as always Perfect.

0.94.0019 - fix for the issue.

Let me know.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 07:15 AM   #4560
timbralzoom
Human being with feelings
 
timbralzoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Turkey/Istanbul
Posts: 1,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Thanks for your detailed testing as always Perfect.

0.94.0019 - fix for the issue.

Let me know.
i was i bit hyper last night with my new toys
..
so far no problem!
Thank you!


EDIT:

Something fancy
Snapshot Sequencing hack-ish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCxp...ature=youtu.be


EDIT2:

absolute silence!
ok you win! Whats new?

..
trying to catch a new one..
in GFX mode sometimes delete or drag to trash deletes multiple images
(original one also get deleted when you delete copied one for example)
but couldn't catch the exact reproduce yet.

Last edited by timbralzoom; 02-23-2018 at 07:22 PM.
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.