Old 01-09-2020, 01:01 PM   #1
ste33
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 41
Default 'Same Road'

Hope you enjoy!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=637WAoFMfGQ&t=49s

Last edited by ste33; 01-10-2020 at 03:14 AM.
ste33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 08:34 AM   #2
sammydix
Human being with feelings
 
sammydix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 2,826
Default

Very cool message.
One thing I noticed in the mix was that the padded, right-panned synth near the end seemed very loud.
sammydix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 11:03 AM   #3
ste33
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammydix View Post
Very cool message.
One thing I noticed in the mix was that the padded, right-panned synth near the end seemed very loud.
Thanks for the comment : )
ste33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 11:28 AM   #4
toleolu
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Sunshine and palm trees.
Posts: 1,696
Default

Excellent work, great lyrics. Something I hope a lot of people give some thought to.

Thanks for posting.
toleolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 01:16 PM   #5
Jeffsounds
Human being with feelings
 
Jeffsounds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Northeast Michigan
Posts: 3,205
Default

Mix sounds good. Acoustic guitar has a bit of a mid-range honk to it. Other than that, it's good!
__________________
"TV has become nothing more than a Petri dish where this country grows its idiots." -John Becker
Jeffsounds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 05:34 PM   #6
ste33
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffsounds View Post
Mix sounds good. Acoustic guitar has a bit of a mid-range honk to it. Other than that, it's good!
Thanks for the comment!
ste33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 08:00 AM   #7
ste33
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by toleolu View Post
Excellent work, great lyrics. Something I hope a lot of people give some thought to.

Thanks for posting.
I hope so : )

Thanks so much for the comment.
ste33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 03:04 PM   #8
lunker
Human being with feelings
 
lunker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Lucas, TX, USA (via Luleå, Sweden)
Posts: 1,081
Default

Wow! Really nice.

I wish I could write like this.
__________________
Best Regards, Ernie "lunker" Lundqvist
BDSM (Bad Dog Studio Musicians)
Windows 10 running on Z390 + i7-8700
lunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 09:33 AM   #9
ste33
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunker View Post
Wow! Really nice.

I wish I could write like this.
That's the greatest compliment ever! That you recognize and appreciate the songwriting. Seems these days,the priority generally, is focused on production mixing. That's fine and important, but songwriting in the classic sense seems to have taken a back seat! At least to my ears.

Will there ever be the classic songs of old, similar to Bridge Over...etc etc? Not saying this song is tho.; )

Thanks for your comment it means a great deal : ).
ste33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 11:55 AM   #10
sammydix
Human being with feelings
 
sammydix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 2,826
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ste33 View Post
Seems these days,the priority generally, is focused on production mixing.
Not a "priority" as much as a tacit understanding when one posts here. Just say, "Please, no mix comments" if you'd rather songwriting focus only since some may not be particularly crazy about a song but can offer useful mix feedback.
sammydix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 01:21 PM   #11
ste33
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammydix View Post
Not a "priority" as much as a tacit understanding when one posts here. Just say, "Please, no mix comments" if you'd rather songwriting focus only since some may not be particularly crazy about a song but can offer useful mix feedback.
I welcome any comments/opinions; mixing/songwriting lyrics and colors. Even my own comments and opinions on music as a whole, as this is a public forum.
ste33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.