Old 11-21-2017, 05:19 AM   #81
lucas_LCS
Human being with feelings

Default UPDATES

Latest Updates uploaded to Stash
-----------------------------
MCP:
- moved fader zero line on Fullscreen layouts to match Reaper default zero point

TCP:
- resized track ID to allow for 3 digits
- changed VCA layout to allow for larger names and longer fader when expanded down.

Transport:
- removed frame around Rate, BPM and Time Signature
- changed Rate knob

lucas_LCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 07:28 AM   #82
TonE

Drag and drop of above seems not to work, would not .ReaperThemeZip be a better sharing option?
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 09:54 AM   #83
lucas_LCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonE View Post
Drag and drop of above seems not to work, would not .ReaperThemeZip be a better sharing option?
1) correct, drag and drop does not work.
2) unfortunately, no.
from the first post:
Quote:
unzip the file twice.
copy the Solaris_[blue or gray]_v2 folder and the accompanying .ReaperTheme file to your Reaper ColorThemes folder.
The double zipping is due to file size limitations for Stash and the theme cannot be used in the .ReaperThemZip form due to what appears to be a folder depth issue.
using it in the normal ReaperThemeZip form makes many layouts and fader colors unavailable due to the nested folders.
Giving each layout it's own 1st level folder will increase the size to the point where it's too large to upload to the stash without breaking it into 2 parts.
it's extra work either way, but the current method seems more efficient to me.

Old 11-27-2017, 11:57 AM   #84
thunderbroom

Default No transport controls but only a single display?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WKG View Post
Just realized it's because I have the mixer spread over two screens with the arrange view on top. When the transport is stretched out the controls get hidden.

Work around is to float the transport, problem solved.
Hey, lucas - longtime user - but I too am not able to get the transport controls to work in Solaris. I'm only using one screen - followed all the instructions for installing your theme, and everything else works perfectly. Any ideas on how to make the transport controls appear? I've tried uninstalling/re-installing, and I've tried selecting various "layouts" from the theme's menu. I'd appreciate any guidance. Thanks!

EDIT: Realized I should add my system info to help: Windows 7 64 bit; Intel i7 dual core.
thunderbroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 02:54 PM   #85
lucas_LCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbroom View Post
Hey, lucas - longtime user - but I too am not able to get the transport controls to work in Solaris. I'm only using one screen - followed all the instructions for installing your theme, and everything else works perfectly. Any ideas on how to make the transport controls appear? I've tried uninstalling/re-installing, and I've tried selecting various "layouts" from the theme's menu. I'd appreciate any guidance. Thanks!

EDIT: Realized I should add my system info to help: Windows 7 64 bit; Intel i7 dual core.
If you mean that the entire transort is not showing, then it may just be hidden.
try the CTRL+ALT+T combo or click on 'View in the Wndow menus bar at the top and look for Transport near the bottom of the menu.

I have been unable to replicate the issue.
I tested with a refreshed portable install of Reaper v5.40.
I am not seeing any issues.
The Transport worked for me in the bottom and top of the main window and the bottom and top of the arrange view as expected.

try using it in a fresh portable to install
There may be a setting that's prevented it from showing.

Also, version of Reaper are you using?

Old 11-28-2017, 09:44 PM   #86
thunderbroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas_LCS View Post
If you mean that the entire transort is not showing, then it may just be hidden.
try the CTRL+ALT+T combo or click on 'View in the Wndow menus bar at the top and look for Transport near the bottom of the menu.

I have been unable to replicate the issue.
I tested with a refreshed portable install of Reaper v5.40.
I am not seeing any issues.
The Transport worked for me in the bottom and top of the main window and the bottom and top of the arrange view as expected.

try using it in a fresh portable to install
There may be a setting that's prevented it from showing.

Also, version of Reaper are you using?

lucas:

I am using Reaper 5.6.2 (latest one). I tried doing the ctrl-alt-t but it only shows the gray bar with everything except the actual controls (see the attached window snip.) I've only noticed this on the last upgrade to 5.6.2. Is there some setting I might be missing or have selected incorrectly? Everything else works as it did, this has been the only change.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg window1.JPG (43.9 KB, 361 views)
Old 11-29-2017, 09:29 AM   #87
lucas_LCS

Quote:
lucas:

I am using Reaper 5.6.2 (latest one). I tried doing the ctrl-alt-t but it only shows the gray bar with everything except the actual controls (see the attached window snip.) I've only noticed this on the last upgrade to 5.6.2. Is there some setting I might be missing or have selected incorrectly? Everything else works as it did, this has been the only change.
How odd.
Are you able to click on the area where the buttons are supposed to be and have them work?
If so, then the images are missing.

as a test, I downloaded Reaper 5.62 x64 and x32 and made a portable install for both.
I downloaded the theme from Stash, unzipped it twice and copy it to the Color Themes folder.
It worked fine.

I looked around for a setting that would affect the transport buttons, but haven't found anything that would hide them.

Try making a portable install and testing with that.

Last edited by lucas_LCS; 03-17-2020 at 07:49 PM. Reason: removed screenshot reference and transport button attachment
Old 11-29-2017, 10:07 AM   #88
thunderbroom

Quote:
How odd.
Are you able to click on the area where the buttons are supposed to be and have them work?
If so, then the images are missing.
See the attached screenshot of the image files.
The button files are the ones selected.

as a test, I downloaded Reaper 5.62 x64 and x32 and made a portable install for both.
I downloaded the theme from Stash, unzipped it twice and copy it to the Color Themes folder.
It worked fine. see screenshot.

I looked around for a setting that would the transport buttons, but haven't found anything that would hide them.

Try making a portable install and testing with that.
Weird. OK, later today I'll do a portable install of Reaper and see what happens. Out of curiosity, as I've never used a portable version, is there anything much different versus a standard installation?
Old 11-29-2017, 10:31 AM   #89
lucas_LCS

Quote:
Weird. OK, later today I'll do a portable install of Reaper and see what happens. Out of curiosity, as I've never used a portable version, is there anything much different versus a standard installation?
Not that I've been able to tell, but my needs are simple.
If Reaper hasn't ever been installed on a machine, you would have to tell windows to associate the .RPP files with Reaper to open them with a doubleclick.
not sure if there's any impact on plugins or any other Reaper functions.
The portable install lets you run new or old versions as needed without affecting each other.
I suggest making a shortcut of the portable Reaper EXE on your desktop and name it 'Portable_562' or something similar.
That way you know you're opening the portable instead of the full install.

Last edited by lucas_LCS; 12-17-2018 at 10:11 AM.
Old 11-29-2017, 10:46 AM   #90
thunderbroom

Quote:
Not that I've been able to tell, but my needs are simple.
If Reaper hasn't ever been installed on a machine, you would have to tell windows to associate the .RPP files with Reaper to open them with a doubleclick.
not sure if there's any impact on plugins or any other Reeaper functions.
The portable install lets you run new or old versions as needed without affecting each other.
I suggest making a shortcut of the portable Reaper EXE on your desktop and name it 'Portable_562' or something similar.
That way you know you're opening the portable instead of the full install.

Thanks! I'll let you know.
Old 11-29-2017, 06:55 PM   #91
thunderbroom

Default No luck!

Tried the portable install, re-downloaded the theme, followed the instructions, transport controls won't appear. The correct png files are where they need to be and all. Everything else in the theme works perfectly. I'm sure I've done something along the line that messed it up, but for the life of me, I have no idea. For now I'll have to switch themes until I have more time to figure it out. Thanks for your help!
Old 11-29-2017, 08:08 PM   #92
sickamorz
Banned

Quote:
Tried the portable install, re-downloaded the theme, followed the instructions, transport controls won't appear. The correct png files are where they need to be and all. Everything else in the theme works perfectly. I'm sure I've done something along the line that messed it up, but for the life of me, I have no idea. For now I'll have to switch themes until I have more time to figure it out. Thanks for your help!
have you checked the view menu, do you have transport checked.
sickamorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 10:26 AM   #93
thunderbroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickamorz View Post
have you checked the view menu, do you have transport checked.
Yes. The menu has "transport" checked. What shows is:
-the gray background bar
-the counter
-the bpm
-the "loop" button

When I un-check it, the above items disappear as they should. When I check it again, only these items show.

None of the actual transport buttons show at all (play, record, rew, etc.) I checked to confirm that all the necessary png files are in the Solaris folder (they are).
Old 11-30-2017, 12:20 PM   #94
lucas_LCS

@ Thunderbroom
try this:
- rename the RTCONFIG file in your Solaris_LCS_Blue folder to something else.
- download the RTCONFIG file attached to this post and copy it to your Solaris_LCS_Blue folder.
- open Reaper and load the theme
- click on OPTIONS in the top menu then LAYOUTS/TRANSPORT and select the OLD DEFAULT or CENTERED layout and see if one of them works for you.

[EDIT: removed old RTCONFIG file. it is no longer valid after v2.5]

Last edited by lucas_LCS; 04-22-2019 at 04:00 AM.
Old 11-30-2017, 07:10 PM   #95
thunderbroom

Quote:
@ Thunderbroom
try this:
- download the RTCONFIG file attached to this post and copy it to your Solaris_LCS_Blue folder.
- click on OPTIONS in the top menu then LAYOUTS/TRANSPORT and select the OLD DEFAULT or CENTERED layout and see if one of them works for you.
You know, there is no RTCONFIG file anywhere in the Solaris_LCS_Blue folder. I checked both in C:\Users\HowardRabach\AppData\Roaming\Reaper\Color Themes
and
C:\ProgramFiles\REAPER(x64)\InstallData\ColorTheme s\Solaris_LCS_Blue_v2

Neither location had any RTCONFIG file. Maybe that's the issue? Strange. Still, I'll follow the rest of the instructions and see what happens. I'll let you know. Thanks!

**UPDATE EDIT: I found it - there was some little subfolder created within the list of png files - weird. Anyway, once my PC has finished backing up for the day I'll attempt your idea and see what happens!

Last edited by thunderbroom; 11-30-2017 at 07:40 PM. Reason: updated
Old 11-30-2017, 09:52 PM   #96
thunderbroom

Default Thank you!

Quote:
@ Thunderbroom
try this:
OK. That seemed to work. The "old default" seems to be the only layout that will show the track controls, but that will work just fine. Thanks so much for your help on this!
Old 01-04-2018, 06:16 PM   #97
lucas_LCS

Quote:
OK. That seemed to work. The "old default" seems to be the only layout that will show the track controls
What screen resolution are you running?
Are you running a 1080 or 4K display?
If 4K, then it was likely caused by the same issue seen in LCS_Gold theme.
Please let me know.
Old 01-04-2018, 08:18 PM   #98
thunderbroom

Quote:
What screen resolution are you running?
Are you running a 1080 or 4K display?
If 4K, then it was likely caused by the same issue seen in LCS_Gold theme.
Please let me know.
Not 4K! I'm running 2560 x 1440 (27" BenQ display). Hope that helps.
Old 01-05-2018, 11:11 AM   #99
lucas_LCS

Quote:
Not 4K! I'm running 2560 x 1440 (27" BenQ display). Hope that helps.
yes, but that's still a higher resolution than the original 1920 x 10800 target.
If you have a moment, please download the LCS_Gold theme and see if the transport works correctly for you.
Please keep the discussion here only about the transport, I don't want to confuse this thread with that theme.
If that Transport layout works for you I may implement it in Solaris_LCS.
I think it works better.

Old 01-06-2018, 01:31 PM   #100
ReaperMadness

May I butt in?

I can't duplicate this issue, either. I am on W7 64 / REAPER v5.70, with a 2560 x 1440 24" Dell display.

Solaris showing transport in every position possible - Top, bottom, docked, not docked, and even if the MCP is on same monitor (not my usual setup, but I thought I'd test). No problems here.

I haven't read-thru entire thread - is it possible that his transport is docked, and docker's hidden? (just a wag).

BTW, Lucas - I don't know if I ever told you... This thing has GREAT layout options and takes colors beautifully. Once again, thank you.

New Music: = Mourning Marrs =

Last edited by ReaperMadness; 01-06-2018 at 03:04 PM.
ReaperMadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 02:45 PM   #101
Byron Dickens

So far, this is my favorite theme but the marker names seem to be missing from the timeline. Am I missing something?
Byron Dickens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 01:13 PM   #102
ReaperMadness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron Dickens View Post
So far, this is my favorite theme but the marker names seem to be missing from the timeline. Am I missing something?
You're right, Byron!

I hadn't tried them yet in this theme. Here's how to fix.

Go into the "Theme Tweaker". Find item, "Marker Lane Text".

It's currently set to black. Change it to what you like, then "Save" theme.

Or wait'll Lucas fixes it & re-download.

New Music: = Mourning Marrs =

Last edited by ReaperMadness; 01-07-2018 at 01:21 PM.
ReaperMadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 03:08 PM   #103
lucas_LCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperMadness View Post
May I butt in?

I can't duplicate this issue, either. I am on W7 64 / REAPER v5.70, with a 2560 x 1440 24" Dell display.

Solaris showing transport in every position possible - Top, bottom, docked, not docked, and even if the MCP is on same monitor (not my usual setup, but I thought I'd test). No problems here.

I haven't read-thru entire thread - is it possible that his transport is docked, and docker's hidden? (just a wag).

BTW, Lucas - I don't know if I ever told you... This thing has GREAT layout options and takes colors beautifully. Once again, thank you.
You're welcome!
The Transport issue was fixed in the last update.
I wanted him to try the transport from the other theme because I think it works better overall.
I'll probably just upload the RTCONFIG for him to try like last time.

If you have the latest version and it's still not working, let me know so i can download it and test it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron Dickens View Post
I thought I fixed that.
Are you using the lateset version?
As ReaperMadness demonstrated, The colors for the item areas can be changed in the Theme Tweaker.
Open the Action List and type 'Theme'.
Scroll down in the tweaker window and find Marker Lane Background and Marker Lane Text.
Once you are satisfied with the changes, you need to save them.
I suggest using a different Theme name.
ex: My_Solaris_LCS.ReaperTheme
This will allow you to use future update without affecting your changes, since I normally only make changes to the RTConfig and the image files.

Old 01-11-2018, 03:53 PM   #104
thunderbroom

Quote:
yes, but that's still a higher resolution than the original 1920 x 10800 target.
If you have a moment, please download the LCS_Gold theme and see if the transport works correctly for you.
Please keep the discussion here only about the transport, I don't want to confuse this thread with that theme.
I think it works better.

I will try that out tonight after my current session.
Old 01-12-2018, 08:38 PM   #105
thunderbroom

Quote:
I think it works better.

lucas, just tested, and the transport looks just fine and works perfectly in LCS Gold, without any changes other than changing themes. Nice work!

Last edited by thunderbroom; 01-12-2018 at 08:42 PM. Reason: added photo
Old 01-15-2018, 10:02 AM   #106
Byron Dickens

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperMadness View Post
You're right, Byron!

I hadn't tried them yet in this theme. Here's how to fix.

Go into the "Theme Tweaker". Find item, "Marker Lane Text".

It's currently set to black. Change it to what you like, then "Save" theme.

Or wait'll Lucas fixes it & re-download.
Thanks for the help. Life got in the way and I just got around to this yesterday.
Byron Dickens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 12:29 PM   #107
Rusty Falcon

Wow, new favorite theme! I had been using a version of Blackmore that I'd been hacking on but really enjoy Solaris_LCS_Blue.

This may be a trivial question but never hurts to ask...

The Transport bar position text is pretty large and I'd like to change the font size to something smaller so that the Transport Bar takes up less vertical space, in fact be as narrow as possible vertically.

Is this a Theme Tweaker adjustment or do I have to dig into the theme itself ?

Thank you!
Rusty Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 03:53 PM   #108
jeranx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Falcon View Post
Wow, new favorite theme! I had been using a version of Blackmore that I'd been hacking on but really enjoy Solaris_LCS_Blue.

The Transport bar position text is pretty large and I'd like to change the font size to something smaller so that the Transport Bar takes up less vertical space, in fact be as narrow as possible vertically.

Thank you!
Hi, just standing there for the answer.

Thanx
jeranx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 10:09 PM   #109
lucas_LCS

Quote:
lucas, just tested, and the transport looks just fine and works perfectly in LCS Gold, without any changes other than changing themes. Nice work!
Thanks! appreciate you checking this for me.
I will add it as the default with the next update.

Quote:

Thank you!
Thank you!
yes, you will need to dig into the theme to resize the transport.
The text size is dependent on the length.
Float the transport or position it to the top or bottom of the Arrange window and slide it to the left or right to see the change.
I'll be changing the transport layout soon.
I could look at making thinner version if you don't mind waiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeranx View Post
Hi, just standing there for the answer.

Thanx
I'm guessing this was joke referring to his avatar or did you mean you also wanted to know?

Old 01-17-2018, 12:12 AM   #110
jeranx

Hi Lucas.

Quote:
I'm guessing this was joke referring to his avatar or did you mean you also wanted to know?
First, don't know which avatar you're talking about, it's a picture of me.
Second, I really like what you've done with this Albert Theme. I never leave it again. If I'm waiting for something, it's only about "how to" color the few things left as shown in the attached video. I couldn't find a way in the tweak manager. https://www.dropbox.com/s/se7x76k32y...Theme.flv?dl=0

Quote:
I'll try it even if Holy Santa brings me a new double screen workstation.

Bye. Thanx for your work
jeranx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 04:54 AM   #111
lucas_LCS

Quote:
Hi Lucas.
First, don't know which avatar you're talking about, it's a picture of me.
Wasn't Ranx Xerox in the Heavy Metal magazine for awhile in the seventies?
You're holding up well, then if that's you.
I was actually referring to Rusty Falcon'a avatar, since it sort of looks like he's standing there waiting.

Quote:
Second, I really like what you've done with this Albert Theme. I never leave it again. If I'm waiting for something, it's only about "how to" color the few things left as shown in the attached video. I couldn't find a way in the tweak manager. https://www.dropbox.com/s/se7x76k32y...Theme.flv?dl=0
Not sure I caught everything, but to color the Toolbar background, the Transport background and the scrollbars, you have to alter the PNG files for them.

transport_bg.png
scrollbar.png
toolbar_bg.png

Old 01-17-2018, 03:48 PM   #112
Rusty Falcon

Quote:
yes, you will need to dig into the theme to resize the transport.
The text size is dependent on the length.
Float the transport or position it to the top or bottom of the Arrange window and slide it to the left or right to see the change.
I'll be changing the transport layout soon.
Thank you for the reply Lucas. I floated the Transport Bar and indeed the font became much smaller and the items in the bar compacted nicely when I reduced the size of the window (see attached). While it retains a Windows titlebar, I can live with this floated, since I was able to capture this in a screenset.

If it would be possible for a future revision to not grow the text based on horizontal size, that might be useful to snap the Transport back above the Arrange window.

Ideally,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SLCS20TBsmall.JPG (61.9 KB, 209 views)
Old 01-18-2018, 10:37 AM   #113
lucas_LCS

Quote:
If it would be possible for a future revision to not grow the text based on horizontal size, that might be useful to snap the Transport back above the Arrange window.
The size of the text does not affect the verticle size of the transport.
The transport is already fairly thin.
To make it thinner would require making new image elements for the the layout.
I don't know if I will have time to make a totally new layout, but if I do, it would help to know what you're after specifically
1) vertically thinner transport
2) transport size stays the same, but text is smaller

Old 01-18-2018, 06:28 PM   #114
Rusty Falcon

Oh sorry for being unclear Lucas!

I see what you mean now about the height of the Transport Bar not being affected by the font. While floated, I just pulled the bar as wide as it could go on my monitor (left/right) - the font became larger, but the Transport Bar height remained the same.

If I change the bar 'Location' to 'above arrange window' the bar width changes to fill the entire width of the Reaper window. The bar height grows slightly 'taller' top-to-bottom.

I agree there is not a significant difference in the height of the Transport Bar whether floated or as part of the main window.

My preference would be that the font used in the time and status window not change regardless of the size of the Transport Bar. But I expect there are people who like it as is with the font growing and shrinking.

Thank you!
Old 03-02-2018, 05:54 PM   #115
Bansaw

The Solaris themes are excellent, and even better if one tweak was made: put the record button on the top row.
So the top row becomes [m] [s] [r] mute, solo, record.
Bansaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 10:55 PM   #116
lucas_LCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bansaw View Post
The Solaris themes are excellent, and even better if one tweak was made: put the record button on the top row.
So the top row becomes [m] [s] [r] mute, solo, record.
please clarify if you are referring to the TCP or the MCP layout.
Old 03-03-2018, 08:33 AM   #117
Bansaw

Quote:
please clarify if you are referring to the TCP or the MCP layout.

In the screenshot here, the record button is on the bottom so I have to keep expanding the track to get to it. It would be great if it swaped places with the phase button (which I hardly ever use). The rest of the theme is perfect.

Theme Solaris My Way
Old 03-03-2018, 09:11 AM   #118
Bansaw

I guess I could just do this myself by changing the order of the elements in the rtcconfig.txt file... if only I knew what to change.

Last edited by Bansaw; 03-03-2018 at 09:25 AM.
Old 03-03-2018, 12:59 PM   #119
lucas_LCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bansaw View Post
In the screenshot here, the record button is on the bottom so I have to keep expanding the track to get to it. It would be great if it swaped places with the phase button (which I hardly ever use). The rest of the theme is perfect.

Theme Solaris My Way
I might be willing to add that layout in an upcoming update.
Do you just need a minimal TCP layout with NAME, MUTE, SOLO & RECORD or are the additional items needed occasionally?
Old 03-03-2018, 01:38 PM   #120
Bansaw

Quote:
I might be willing to add that layout in an upcoming update.
Do you just need a minimal TCP layout with NAME, MUTE, SOLO & RECORD or are the additional items needed occasionally?
I'd be happy with just the Record-Arm and the Phase just swapping place.
I use the other buttons once in a while. THe size of the Pan and Volume knobs are perfect.
I did look in the rtconfig.txt file, and was looking for the
def order_... declarations but couldn't find where I could alter the order.
I'm guessing it has something to do with the set tcp.recarm line, but not certain enough to fiddle randomly.

Code:
set tcp.recarm h>88 w<6 [0]  [206 68 30 30 1 0 1 0 ] [0]
set tcp.phase h>24 w<301 [0]  [133 -3 47 43 1 0 1 0 ] 
set tcp.phase h>74 w<301 [0]  [133 -2 47 43 1 0 1 0 ]
tcp_heights 4 35 71 70 ; supercollapsed, collapsed, small(norecarm), recarm size