Old 08-11-2017, 03:53 AM   #1
XamiKami
Human being with feelings

Default Redesigning the Notes in the Midi-Editor

Hey!
I am currently editing the Skin I'm using a bit. I Already made the colored tracks come back and did some slight changes on the Buttondesigns... but the big thing i really hate about the look is the design of the midi-Editor.
I come from FL-Studio, ( which, in my opinion, has a really great and goodlooking piano-roll), so this really nerves me. they look so edgy, hard and uninspiring. I've been looking through the files to find somewhere to edit them, but can't find anything. Ideally i want to make the Edges a bit rounded and give it a nice gradient... any Way to do that? especially the edges? if yes, where do i have to look?

Thanks in advance, Xami
XamiKami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 07:50 AM   #2
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

You can't round the corners; they're always a rectangle.

You can indeed do gradients. The easiest thing to do would be to find a theme who's midi notes you like, and steal its midi_note_colormap.png image. Read this sticky to learn how to unpack a theme file so you can get at its images.

------------------

Or, if you want to make your own...

Old 08-11-2017, 09:34 AM   #3
XamiKami

That's a bummer.... Please, dear Reaper-gods,... do something about that! A Midi-Editor that looks really ugly is just super counter-inspirational,... thats not good! But thanks anyway, i'll do the gradient thing
XamiKami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 12:24 PM   #4
roomerang

Quote:
Originally Posted by XamiKami View Post
That's a bummer.... Please, dear Reaper-gods,... do something about that! A Midi-Editor that looks really ugly is just super counter-inspirational,... thats not good! But thanks anyway, i'll do the gradient thing
Hi

Is this updated somewhere? I do want to have the MIDI notes somewhat rounded, also the keyboard would be great with rounded edges. Did I miss something the last years?

Thank you very much
roomerang is offline   Reply With Quote