Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 03-09-2019, 10:48 AM   #1
Tod
Human being with feelings

Default Latest update Reaper 5972 wiped out ReaPack?

As the title says, when I installed the latest Reaper 5.972, ReaPack disappeared from the menu.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 04:41 PM   #2
Mordi

ReaPack still appears here. I updated to the latest version of ReaPack just a few days ago, before updating Reaper.
Mordi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 07:00 PM   #3
Paul99

Tod, I don't know whether this is helpful since I use ReaMenu, but as last item there is always the default Reaper menu and in my Default menu: Main Extensions there is as last option ReaPack. So it seems no problem here.
Paul99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 07:54 PM   #4
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordi View Post
ReaPack still appears here. I updated to the latest version of ReaPack just a few days ago, before updating Reaper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul99 View Post
Tod, I don't know whether this is helpful since I use ReaMenu, but as last item there is always the default Reaper menu and in my Default menu: Main Extensions there is as last option ReaPack. So it seems no problem here.
Thanks for the replies guys. I should have explained it a little more.

First of all I got to the point that I couldn't even record midi without getting the "Not Responding" situation where I had to use Task Manager to shut Reaper down. At first I thought it was Reaper and I spent 3 days doing every thing I could do to find it and fix it.

Finally after exhausting my ideas, I decided to check out my Kontakt instruments. Slowly I eliminated every Kontakt instrument until I got to an acoustic guitar I bought a short while back. Once I rendered it's midi and removed the instance of Kontakt that had it, the problem went away.

Well during the process, my main Reaper portable install got pretty messed up, so today I completely replaced that portable install folder with another Reaper folder that I knew was still good. After I did this ReaPack was back right there in the menu and worked fine.

So then I decided to update because that install was a pretty old one. After I got done installing the update, ReaPack was no longer in the menu. That's when I posted this post today.

I've since replaced that portable Reaper folder with the one that works and I don't dare to update agian right now.)
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote