Old 03-25-2007, 11:11 AM   #1
Traveler
Human being with feelings

Default -New- DFHS problem.

Figured I'd start a new thread for this, as the post in the old thread hasn't received any attention.

Anyhow, I added DFHS to an FX channel, came up with could not initialize, a quick search here showed me to enable always run track FX. I can now access the full GUI, kit selection etc, but I still can't get any samples to load. I have reinstalled Reaper, reverted to default settings but no help there.

This is DFHS 1.60.

Regards guys,
Ryan.
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 03:06 AM   #2
Bevosss

Wish I could help mate, EZDrummer works fine for most here, so you'd think DFHS would work too...I know it uses a lot more RAM than EZ, but apart from that no idea.

Have you tried Toontrack support?
Bevosss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 03:34 AM   #3
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevosss View Post
Wish I could help mate, EZDrummer works fine for most here, so you'd think DFHS would work too...I know it uses a lot more RAM than EZ, but apart from that no idea.

Have you tried Toontrack support?
I dont believe DFHS is the problem, I've used it in loads of other hosts with no issues (I am demoing hosts to switch to, and reaper will be it if I can get this sorted out). Others here have reported the same issue but its always fixed by enabling always run track fx, so it seems something slightly different is the problem.
Old 03-26-2007, 04:47 AM   #4
zed32

i'm having the exact same problem. DFHS had been working fine up until i installed the 1.60 update. now everything sets up like normal, but it won't load any of the samples into memory.

i've tried loading DFHS in Cubase LE and it works fine, seems to be some type of problem it's having with Reaper and the new DFHS update or something. it's always worked fine for me before...
zed32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 04:55 AM   #5
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by zed32 View Post
i'm having the exact same problem. DFHS had been working fine up until i installed the 1.60 update. now everything sets up like normal, but it won't load any of the samples into memory.

i've tried loading DFHS in Cubase LE and it works fine, seems to be some type of problem it's having with Reaper and the new DFHS update or something. it's always worked fine for me before...
Ah, so its exclusive to 1.60, I hadn't demoed Reaper until just recently, so I already had 1.60 at this point. Very strange considering that the 1.60 change log mentions nothing that I would call a major engine update.

Last edited by Traveler; 03-26-2007 at 04:59 AM.
Old 03-26-2007, 12:43 PM   #6
zed32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Ah, so its exclusive to 1.60, I hadn't demoed Reaper until just recently, so I already had 1.60 at this point. Very strange considering that the 1.60 change log mentions nothing that I would call a major engine update.

i'm not exactly sure if it's the 1.60 update thats really causing the problem. but that's my best guess. i had been using DFHS with no issues for a long time in Reaper, but i had just recently re-arranged my hard drives (and added a new one), so the DFHS library is in a different location now, and at the same time i installed the 1.6 update. the reason i don't think it has much to do with my changing of the library location is because i made sure to change the path in the settings for DFHS, but it still won't load the samples in Reaper.

plus it appears to be working perfectly in Cubase LE. and since you seem to be having the exact same problem as i am, then i think it might have something to do with the new DFHS. they did change some of cymbal routing i think, for the latest version of DFHS, so it's possible that it's causing some new issues within Reaper.

hopefully it'll all get sorted out soon...
Old 03-26-2007, 01:28 PM   #7
Resonance

This is a 1.6 issue... Samplitude is having the same problems with 1.6 (as is Logic 5.5 although not strictly supported). I rolled back to version 1.56 and everything is fine again.

I believe toontrack is working on the problem (there's a thread in the toontrack forum about it anyway).

-Res
Resonance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 04:29 PM   #8
zed32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resonance View Post
This is a 1.6 issue... Samplitude is having the same problems with 1.6 (as is Logic 5.5 although not strictly supported). I rolled back to version 1.56 and everything is fine again.

I believe toontrack is working on the problem (there's a thread in the toontrack forum about it anyway).

-Res
damn. and i was looking forward to some of the new functionality of 1.6, especially being able to put usable cymbals in all those stupid ride slots.
Old 03-27-2007, 04:16 AM   #9
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by zed32 View Post
damn. and i was looking forward to some of the new functionality of 1.6, especially being able to put usable cymbals in all those stupid ride slots.
I doubt they would fix it by just removing the new features, I think its more likely caused by one of the "bug fixes" in this release anyway. Appears I was wrong that it wasn't DFHS's issue however, I still haven't had any issues with it in any of the hosts I demoed it in (about 4 or 5 different ones).
Old 03-28-2007, 11:24 PM   #10
zed32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resonance View Post

-Res

hey how do i roll back to 1.56? i can't find my installer for the previous version, the only thing i can find is the Readme file for it, crap! and i don't see it on my Toontrack download page.
Old 06-02-2007, 06:50 AM   #11
tonymatt

Default this fixed yet?

are folks still having issues or have things been fixed. i want to purchase dfhs but ...

thanks,
tony
tonymatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 03:08 PM   #12
Traveler

You have to use version 1.56 for now, ToonTrack knows of the problem and says it will be fixed in their next release, but 1.56 works just fine anyhow so its no big deal at the moment. You will have to email ToonTrack support after your purchase to obtain a copy of this older version.