Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > Dstruct's Casa De Nitpicks

Old 08-31-2010, 08:28 AM   #1
drew
Mobile

Default "Current position" actions seem to target edit vs play cursor in a confusing way

It might seem odd to question something that has been this way in REAPER for so long, but I'm wondering if it's actually only affecting some configurations since I've not seen it mentioned elsewhere. Also, now we have LICECap I can explain a little better!

I use "Loop Points: Set start point" & "Loop Points: Set end point" actions a lot, as well as "Insert marker at current position". but knowing whether these will target the play or edit cursor feels hit & miss. I would expect that after starting playback, if you manually place the edit cursor somewhere then that would make it the target for setting that point, but it seems this only happens if I do something else such as selecting a timeline item:

Of course for an experienced user it's nice to feel you know what will happen when hitting a certain keystroke - but this one still throws me!

I like the concept of current position meaning "edit cursor if you've manually moved it away from the play cursor" and thought it was supposed to be that way. It would be nice to avoid needing individual actions for edit & play cursors, but maybe the current way isn't quite right?
drew is offline   Reply With Quote