COCKOS
CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :

Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > NINJAM Discussion > NINJAM User Discussion

Old 01-22-2012, 09:03 AM   #1
imispgh
Human being with feelings

Default How do I correlate NINJAM local and network folder names?

Sorry should have made it a question in the title before

The date time group named local folder does not match the date time group folder saved by NINJAM and I do not see the simple change to rectify them.

For example I have a folder 2012021_1509. I know that front part is year and date. I assume the second part is time. However I do not see any saved files online that match that even if I add/subtract hours to accommodate a time change between time zones. Unless I am missing something?

The reason I want to know this is because Reaper still takes HOURS and use no computer resources to recombine the OGG files using the clipsort.log project creation process. As several sessions are created while playing I would like to preview them on the website then choose the ones I want to create a project from. This would save me the time of having to go through the very long process of converting the OGG files just to see which folder I actually want to keep.
imispgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 11:11 AM   #2
pljones

You can edit your posts.

The bot is converting all the sessions then hunting down "interesting" bits to clip. Remember, it's acting as a client itself, so it has its own log with its own session start times, which won't correlate with yours. So the time is then the session start time plus an offset into the session. AutoJAM used to split these two parts out but NINBOT combines them. I guess the Ninjamer bot does it like AutoJAM, though: YYYYMMDD_HHMM_MMSS, where the MMSS is the offset from HHMM into the session.

If you find a session you like, you work out what local time it relates to then find the session folder that has the nearest start time before that. It's probably the only way you'll get close.

Is it really still taking that long? Here it took 1 minute 17 seconds to convert a 37 minute, 14 tracks jam from a 92K clipsort and 1,327 Files (2.39 GB). That's on a disk that's about 35% full and recently defragged with PerfectDisk and using Reaper x64 on Win7 w/AMD2+ Quad Phenom 2.3GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM. However, like I said, it's heavily IO bound with that many files. CPU looks like this:

Last edited by pljones; 01-22-2012 at 11:29 AM.
pljones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 11:24 AM   #3
imispgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by pljones View Post
You can edit your posts.

The bot is converting all the sessions then hunting down "interesting" bits to clip. Remember, it's acting as a client itself, so it has its own log with its own session start times, which won't correlate with yours. So the time is then the session start time plus an offset into the session. AutoJAM used to split these two parts out but NINBOT combines them. I guess the Ninjamer bot does it like AutoJAM, though: YYYYMMDD_HHMM_MMSS, where the MMSS is the offset from HHMM into the session.

If you find a session on NINBOT you like, you work out what local time it relates to then find the session folder that has the nearest start time before that. It's probably the only way you'll get close.

Is it really still taking that long? Here it took 1 minute 17 seconds to convert a 37 minute, 14 tracks jam from a 92K clipsort and 1,327 Files (2.39 GB). That's on a disk that's about 35% full and recently defragged with PerfectDisk.
Thanks for the response. So there really is no way to do it. That's a shame.

Yes it takes hours to do what you said takes minutes. I would imagine it is a setting but I have no idea what. Rendering works fine. Nothing else is slow. Curious do you cores work when yours loads those OGG files? Mine sit almost idle.
imispgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 11:46 AM   #4
pljones

(see edit for CPU)

I tried to get a pic for the disk I/O but I don't understand the performance monitor well enough to know what to do with it!
pljones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 04:44 PM   #5
DaMNeD

I confirm for ninjamer.com, it's autojam process, all installed by Justin. Work is directly done directly with server recording, no intervention from the bot.
That was just for the info !
DaMNeD is offline   Reply With Quote