Old 09-05-2017, 05:11 AM   #1
jrengmusic
Human being with feelings

Default How to change TIMECODE SYNC status font?

Hi

I have been developing my own theme. I wonder how to change the status font when timecode sync enabled. I can't find any info regarding this matter anywhere.

Here is the transport status from Default 5.0 theme

Here is the transport status i currently work on

As shown above, I managed to use custom font for the transport status, except for LTC SYNC strings under the [STOPPED] stats.

Is it possible to change LTC SYNC font via WALTER/theme tweaker? How?

Thanks
Old 09-06-2017, 08:56 PM   #2
Never

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrengmusic View Post
Hi

I have been developing my own theme. I wonder how to change the status font when timecode sync enabled. I can't find any info regarding this matter anywhere.

Here is the transport status from Default 5.0 theme

Here is the transport status i currently work on

As shown above, I managed to use custom font for the transport status, except for LTC SYNC strings under the [STOPPED] stats.

Is it possible to change LTC SYNC font via WALTER/theme tweaker? How?

Thanks
That text is most likely drawn manually
on the 'transport_play_sync_on.png'
image. If ur perusing the images in an image viewer or the folder itself, it may not appear that this is so, due to the fact that the image will most likely
be a very wide strip including the
button at full opacity, and far to the right, the sync on text in that very light color, over a translucent background, making it impossible to see, unless it is loaded into your photoshop or other editing program. Alternately,
it could be the same thing,
located on the transport_play_sync_on_ol.png image. One of these is surely the case as it can only be acheived with this method....REAPER has no MTC status
section in the transport.
Load the image, and delete the text
altogether, or replace it.

-Never

Looks nice!!

Last edited by Never; 09-06-2017 at 09:01 PM.
Never is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 11:14 PM   #3
Aux13

@jrengmusic, your transport bar looks good.
Aux13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 03:17 AM   #4
jrengmusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never View Post
That text is most likely drawn manually
on the 'transport_play_sync_on.png'
image. If ur perusing the images in an image viewer or the folder itself, it may not appear that this is so, due to the fact that the image will most likely
be a very wide strip including the
button at full opacity, and far to the right, the sync on text in that very light color, over a translucent background, making it impossible to see, unless it is loaded into your photoshop or other editing program. Alternately,
it could be the same thing,
located on the transport_play_sync_on_ol.png image. One of these is surely the case as it can only be acheived with this method....REAPER has no MTC status
section in the transport.
Load the image, and delete the text
altogether, or replace it.

-Never

Looks nice!!
Thanks for the idea.

But unfortunately i think it may cause me brain explosion to utilize transport_play_sync_*** images (and its overlays) to hide the LTC SYNC string drawn by REAPER.

Because the transport is more complex than it looks. The transport minimum size is set quite wide and will not be stretched smaller. But when the transport position is set in the default position (below arrange), in some circumstances REAPER will force it to stretch smaller.

Thus
  • The size and position of trans.status is relative to the trans.width. It's stretches and resizes according to the parent sizes.
  • The play_sync button position also relative to its fellow buttons. And also all the buttons position is relative to the parent trans.width size.
  • Each element will be hidden sequentially if its squeezed smaller than its minimum parent size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aux13 View Post
@jrengmusic, your transport bar looks good.
Thanks!