Old 03-01-2011, 10:54 PM   #1
joost
Human being with feelings

Default Adding menu item to pop up menus

The coding examples describe how one can add a menu item using the main hwnd. Is there a way to add a menu item to one of the pop up menus? E.g., can I add to the pop up that shows when right clicking a midi track? Can I override the double (left) click on a midi track?

joost
joost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:11 AM   #2
Jeffos
Mortal

You have to catch "Track control panel context" in your menuhook (the way to handle menus from the API, not to break users' customizations). Tim shows you how to do that here: http://code.google.com/p/sws-extensi...shots.cpp#1007
In v3, you can't (properly) override the double-click behavior but a REAPER pre-release introduces mouse modifiers and the ability for the user to customize that, i.e. setting any action (including extension ones) for double-click or whatever. Details here: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=69728
Jeffos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:30 AM   #3
EvilDragon

Jeffos - does this concept make all context menus renameable, even those not directly approachable by Reaper's built-in menu customization utility?

That would be awesome for translating menus which can't be translated currently.
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:44 AM   #4
Jeffos
Mortal

Without hacks, no: the API only gives you access to some (*) menus and the ones we have access to are already customizable.
The few menus we have access to are the most important ones, though.

(*) well.. except if there are other magic hook strings (like "Track control panel context" above) that I'm not aware of..
Jeffos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:45 AM   #5
EvilDragon

Damn.

Really, it would be nice to have ALL the context menus editable, or at least translatable.
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote