Old 08-18-2018, 08:32 AM   #1
jonlint
Human being with feelings

Default Mirror - Alt. Rock Song

Hi all,

Just wrote this song idea - just the 1st verse and chorus added so far. Feedback welcome on what I have so far:

https://soundcloud.com/jonathan-linton-3/mirror-rev1

MIRROR
(Words by Jonathan Linton, Music by Jonathan Linton)

A face in the mirror
Looking back at you
It’s a poor reflection of
What you’re going through
It’s tryin’ to tell you
Forces propel you
Closer to your doom
Closer to your tomb

You can’t see past your reflection

Mirror mirror on the wall
Will you find the wherewithall
To change the reflection in mirror
jonlint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 04:48 PM   #2
Strange Ways

I dig the vocals...it simply works effortlessly. Good job with how the harmony vocals are mixed at just the right pleasing level. Looking forward to hearing the final version.
Strange Ways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 12:08 AM   #3
jonlint

Hi there,

Took a while (like 2 years!) but finished this one. Feedback most welcome:

https://soundcloud.com/jonathan-linton-3/mirror
Old 12-10-2020, 09:38 AM   #4
kindafishy

Cool track. I like the song. In particular, the groove is deep and keeps pushing forward while the vocals have a nice melodic delivery that counters and compliments the groove. Makes for an interesting listen. Really cool guitar once again (you always have cool riffs) and the vocal delivery here is really good. You are going to your vocal vibrato less than you normally do and I think this makes it much more effective.

Jon, I have noticed that you post a lot of music here and at homerecording.com (maybe other places too?) and ask for feedback, however I don't think I have ever seen you give anyone else feedback on their music. That I have noticed means that a lot of other people have noticed this as well. I think this is a shame because you are clearly talented when it comes to songwriting, recording and mixing. If you took the time to give feedback to other people who post, you would help to make these forums better because you can share some of what you know. You will also learn more yourself because when you listen critically to what others are doing and give them feedback, it helps you to tune your ears and skills as well. I think most people who post music in these forums want both to give and to get.

I haven't posted any music in a very long time and I don't have anything to put up anytime too soon. When I was posting somewhat frequently a few years back, I would always try to reciprocate feedback to anyone who commented on my tune if they also had a current song posted and beyond that, I would always try to comment on at least two other songs that weren't direct reciprocations. Those were my own personal guidelines and of course everyone can do as they wish, including not commenting at all of course. All things are ok. I just thought I would mention it because as I said above, your feedback could be valuable to other people just as you have undoubtedly found feedback to your songs valuable to you.

Cheers man. Looking forward to hearing more of your tunes in the future. I like your stuff.
kindafishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 06:06 AM   #5
Naji

Great song, especially your vocals are awesome
Naji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 04:02 AM   #6
jonlint

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindafishy View Post
Cool track. I like the song. In particular, the groove is deep and keeps pushing forward while the vocals have a nice melodic delivery that counters and compliments the groove. Makes for an interesting listen. Really cool guitar once again (you always have cool riffs) and the vocal delivery here is really good. You are going to your vocal vibrato less than you normally do and I think this makes it much more effective.

Jon, I have noticed that you post a lot of music here and at homerecording.com (maybe other places too?) and ask for feedback, however I don't think I have ever seen you give anyone else feedback on their music. That I have noticed means that a lot of other people have noticed this as well. I think this is a shame because you are clearly talented when it comes to songwriting, recording and mixing. If you took the time to give feedback to other people who post, you would help to make these forums better because you can share some of what you know. You will also learn more yourself because when you listen critically to what others are doing and give them feedback, it helps you to tune your ears and skills as well. I think most people who post music in these forums want both to give and to get.

I haven't posted any music in a very long time and I don't have anything to put up anytime too soon. When I was posting somewhat frequently a few years back, I would always try to reciprocate feedback to anyone who commented on my tune if they also had a current song posted and beyond that, I would always try to comment on at least two other songs that weren't direct reciprocations. Those were my own personal guidelines and of course everyone can do as they wish, including not commenting at all of course. All things are ok. I just thought I would mention it because as I said above, your feedback could be valuable to other people just as you have undoubtedly found feedback to your songs valuable to you.

Cheers man. Looking forward to hearing more of your tunes in the future. I like your stuff.
Fair and correct comment. I am working to change this now. My apologies to you and all on this forum.