Old 08-23-2018, 06:26 PM   #1
CEART
Human being with feelings

Default Keymap numerical code?

Hi, I want to edit keymaps I find interesting, then customize and add them to my action list/key bindings. When I open my own exported keymaps in Sublime Text or any text editor, they appear the same as in the action list, with its corresponding shortcut and text description, all right up to here, but when I open some third parties keymaps, they appear in numbers, like some kind of numeric data representation or pre-assembled code. (please check the image). What is this?

I don't have programing skills yet, but and I'm very prolly to learn for delve or at least aim to get basic script writing for Reaper. What I should to know for code my own keymaps for now? I suspect that this will helps to optimize the process and interpretation speed of any code introduced to Reaper, and maybe best for sharing purposes too.
-- Thanks for any clue and help about.--
Attached Images
File Type: jpg reakeymap01+2.jpg (53.3 KB, 235 views)

Last edited by CEART; 08-23-2018 at 06:31 PM.
CEART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 06:55 PM   #2
Lokasenna

That's the format Reaper actually uses to track and store your key mappings - /Reaper/reaper-kb.ini.

It's not particularly intimidating - there's a great breakdown here: http://mespotine.de/Ultraschall/File...#Reaper-kb.ini

Last edited by Lokasenna; 08-23-2018 at 07:00 PM.
Lokasenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 07:47 PM   #3
CEART

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokasenna View Post
That's the format Reaper actually uses to track and store your key mappings - /Reaper/reaper-kb.ini.

It's not particularly intimidating - there's a great breakdown here: http://mespotine.de/Ultraschall/File...#Reaper-kb.ini
Thanks, I'm going to see what you pointed out, cool. In the meantime I was digging in ini files and the reaper-kb.ini. and in the way Reaper has to interact with its ini files, very notorious the freedom Reaper brings for access its critical config structure. BTW, it seem backup of conf/ini files is a must in order to avoid losses.

Last edited by CEART; 08-23-2018 at 07:59 PM.
CEART is offline   Reply With Quote