Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 08-11-2018, 06:54 AM   #1
kgi
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper and iZotope Neutron 2 Equalizer presets

EDIT: I have just reproduced the strange behaviour below using the Neutron EQ plugin in the standalone mastering application iZotope Ozone, i.e. not using Reaper at all. So it is not a Reaper issue. I will take it up with iZotope support.

Hi,

I have a bug using iZotope Neutron 2 Equalizer VST plugin with Reaper 5.941/64 on macos High Sierra 10.13.6. I'm not sure if the bug is with Reaper or Neutron. If it turns out it's with Neutron I will contact their support.

The bug, briefly, is when an existing Neutron EQ preset is updated (changed) in the FX window for track 2, the update is not reflected when the preset is re-loaded in the FX windows for track 1 (if the preset is already loaded in track 1's plugin).

To reproduce:
1. Add Neutron 2 Equalizer in the FX window for track 1
2. Save the initial state (flat eq) to a new preset e.g. "Bug Test 1" by opening the Presets menu and clicking the plus sign
3. Add Neutron 2 Equalizer in the FX window for track 2
4. Select the newly made "Bug Test 1" from the Presets menu in track 2
5. Make a change to the eq, e.g. set band 1 gain to 4db
6. In the Presets menu, save the change to Bug Test 1 by clicking the circle with the arrow ("update selected preset")
7. Go back to the FX window for track 1 and select Bug Test 1 from the Presets menu. To be sure, select any other preset, and then Bug Test 1 again. The change made in steps 5 and 6 is not reflected in track 1's plugin.

I hope you can help with either fixing the bug or providing a better explanation for the iZotope people than I could.

Thanks,
kgi.

Last edited by kgi; 08-14-2018 at 05:37 AM. Reason: not a Reaper bug
kgi is offline   Reply With Quote