Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > Recording Technologies and Techniques

Old 03-05-2019, 12:33 PM   #1
Kinaca
Human being with feelings

Default Will Reaper accept direct track transfers . . .

. . . from my Yamaha CP300 stage piano via USB? Or do I have to run it through a Boss mixer first, and THEN input to Reaper on my computer? I"m trying to eliminate one step, but don't know if it's safe or possible. Thanks for any help.
Kinaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 12:39 PM   #2
Lokasenna

Once you've installed the CP300's USB driver, it should be visible in Reaper's Devices as a MIDI device. Once you've got that set up, you can play the piano and have a live MIDI signal for recording in Reaper.

The CP300's USB connection doesn't transmit audio though, so if you want to record the piano's sounds you'll need to plug its line out into your audio interface.

You should also be able to record the MIDI and then play it back through the piano to record as many different sounds as you want, much like reamping a direct guitar track. I'm not familiar with your piano though so I'm not sure how to specifically do that.
Old 03-05-2019, 12:59 PM   #3
Kinaca

Thank you so much. It's the answer I was hoping for. I just ordered my 16' cable so it will reach!
Kinaca is offline   Reply With Quote