Old 10-11-2018, 01:24 PM   #1001
mschnell
Human being with feelings
 
mschnell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Germany
Posts: 6,141
Default

Do you mean "Remote controlling Reaper": this already is working (AFAIK) or "Reaper on Androiod": as there already is Reaper for the ARM-Linux based RasPI this might be possible.

-Michael
__________________
www.boa-sorte.de
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 01:43 PM   #1002
DeathByGuitar
Human being with feelings
 
DeathByGuitar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Greensboro, NC
Posts: 416
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arionas View Post
Hey guys, is there any hope for a Reaper Remote application for IOS, Android etc?
It already exists in the form of a web app.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkMAj8CpvIU
DeathByGuitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 02:42 PM   #1003
Arionas
Human being with feelings
 
Arionas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Athens
Posts: 75
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathByGuitar View Post
It already exists in the form of a web app.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkMAj8CpvIU
Wow! Didn't know that. Thanks!
__________________
Mac-pro 3.33 12cores, OS 10.12.6, Reaper 5, Studio One Pro 3, Pro Tools 12, Logic X, Mixbus 32C, Wavelab 9.5, N4, AQUAS, UAD 2 octo(x2)-quad(x1), http://www.arionmusic.gr
Arionas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 07:06 AM   #1004
run_esc
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 197
Default

I just want to know if there will be an overhaul of the theming system, I am quite a bit of work into a new theme and it would suck to have to scrap it when 6 comes out!
run_esc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 06:17 PM   #1005
InLight-Tone
Human being with feelings
 
InLight-Tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathByGuitar View Post
It already exists in the form of a web app.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkMAj8CpvIU
Unfortunately you can't get at any of the midi toolbars with it, rendering it useless for me. Wanted to do some Cubase/Lemur like stuff but nada...
__________________
InLight-Tone on Youtube
InLight-Tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 01:35 PM   #1006
danerius
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 2
Default Musical Values

Hi

One thing Im sorely missing in all the DAWs Ive tried is an entry method based on musical values instead of scientific ones. Yes there are a couple of delays/reverbs where you can enter note lenghts and some EQs have a keyboards instead of entries in Hertz

However... Id like to see this for all entry fields. Its a feature of Quark/InDesign/Photoshop etc. And its hella useful. You can do simple math in the entry fields. ”297/2” for instance. Divides an A4 paper size height in two. And if youre software is set to metric you can enter ”12 in” to get it converted to metric and vice versa. Like I said. Its hella useful

For a DAW an example would be entering a 1/8 Release Time instead of whatever that is in milliseconds for that tempo. Or a D1 Bass Cut instead of whatever that is in Hertz.

Im constantly looking at Music Math on my phone to convert musical values to scientific ones and then entering them. Itd be way smoother to enter musical values directly in Reaper. Plus it would way more adaptable for later tempo revisions. Now... Reaper doesnt have an overall key like Logic. But thatd be helpful too. In case a key change is needed.

Best regards /Bo
danerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 02:18 PM   #1007
mschnell
Human being with feelings
 
mschnell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Germany
Posts: 6,141
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danerius View Post
do simple math in the entry fields. ”297/2” for instance
This indeed is nice

e.g. your example: release-time -> "1/8 of 120 BPM"
Not completely intuitive but rather easy.

-Michael
__________________
www.boa-sorte.de
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 11:05 PM   #1008
Camel
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 11
Default

It would be awesome if you could press the shortcute R for record while ure in the piano roll!
Camel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 11:32 PM   #1009
danerius
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
This indeed is nice

e.g. your example: release-time -> "1/8 of 120 BPM"
Not completely intuitive but rather easy.

-Michael
Thanks. A tiny clarification

Reaper already has the tempo set. So you'd enter 1/8 and Reaper does the math.

Regards /Bo
danerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 11:42 PM   #1010
vanhaze
Human being with feelings
 
vanhaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 4,692
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camel View Post
It would be awesome if you could press the shortcute R for record while ure in the piano roll!
You can already do this:

- I assume you have "R" linked to Record in Reaper's Arrange View.
- Then open Reaper Action List and choose Section "Midi Editor" (at the top right)
- Type in "pass through" in the filter area
- Left mouse click on "Misc: Pass through ..."
- Left mouse click on the "Add" button. (at lower left)
- Type "R"
- Left mouse click on the "OK" button.

Presto !
vanhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 04:47 AM   #1011
Camel
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanhaze View Post
You can already do this:

- I assume you have "R" linked to Record in Reaper's Arrange View.
- Then open Reaper Action List and choose Section "Midi Editor" (at the top right)
- Type in "pass through" in the filter area
- Left mouse click on "Misc: Pass through ..."
- Left mouse click on the "Add" button. (at lower left)
- Type "R"
- Left mouse click on the "OK" button.

Presto !
omg, this forum is so awesome! (Reaper as well) Thank you very much, thats really helpful!
Camel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 05:32 AM   #1012
vanhaze
Human being with feelings
 
vanhaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 4,692
Default

No sweat Camel, glad you worked it out !
vanhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 06:46 AM   #1013
Trancit
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Gran Canaria
Posts: 318
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanhaze View Post
You can already do this:

- I assume you have "R" linked to Record in Reaper's Arrange View.
- Then open Reaper Action List and choose Section "Midi Editor" (at the top right)
- Type in "pass through" in the filter area
- Left mouse click on "Misc: Pass through ..."
- Left mouse click on the "Add" button. (at lower left)
- Type "R"
- Left mouse click on the "OK" button.

Presto !
Nice trick, thx, I didn´t know that before...

I wish, there would be pass through for the media explorer too, as I could pass through the shortcut for opening and closing the media Explorer without having to bring the main app in focus and the space bar as well as I always want it to start stop main transport...

Sadly one can delete the space bar from the preview play/stop, but it´s blocked by the media explorer anyway... so...
Trancit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 07:18 AM   #1014
mschnell
Human being with feelings
 
mschnell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Germany
Posts: 6,141
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danerius View Post
Reaper already has the tempo set.
Not really. The tempo can vary during the project (e.g. by a tempo envelope), and you can use Reaper in "Live" situation with not even ever going in "play" mode, here the tempo setting is completely irrelevant.

-Michael
__________________
www.boa-sorte.de
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 05:24 AM   #1015
jessesbakery
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitsuj View Post
Throwing my suggestions into the ring:

+ Vector based user interface and HD font/rendering support

+ Update the current Rea plugins with the new vector based UI

+ Expose the new vector UI elements to JSFX and Lua script

+ Native dockable track inspector (at the moment you can hack it by using a single docked track - it's a common Reaper pattern. But you loose the ability to have a separate mixer dock or window).

+ Improve ReaEQ: High/Low pass db per octave selection, Mid/Side processing, de-cramping near Nyquist. It's so close!

+ Improve RS5K: fixed timestretch playback, filter with envelope/LFO.

+ Improve ReaVerb: and by improve I mean replace. It doesn't sound so good.

+ Improve ReaSynth: There's a real opportunity here to replace this with something that's... usable. It doesn't have to be a complicated offering. Four oscillators, ADSR, Filters with ADSR, some LFO, some useful oscillator waveforms and some simple modulation options.

+ JSFX: This is the elephant in the room. A lot more could be made of it. With the UI sorted out it has the potential to be equivalent to Ableton's Max for Live. Allow developers to lock the code and sell them for a small fee if they so wish.

+ FX Chains as first class citizens: That is, when you add an FX Chain in the mixer it doesn't just add in the individual plugins but it stays in the mixer as a single container. This lets you move and copy FX Chains in the mixer whilst maintaining the routing and ordering within.

+ Routing Visual: at the moment, routing is quite opaque. You can have a list of plugins in the mixer view but there's no indication of how they're wired together unless you start working out what pins are going where. It would be useful to be able to open a window which showed the plugins as entities and the audio paths connecting them as wires. Even better if you can create/edit in that view. See HOFA System 1, Kilohearts Snap Ins or FLStudio's Patcher for existing approaches.

The biggest ones I think would be getting UI consistency and elevating JSFX. For getting a decent reverb and synth I'd be tempted to strike a deal with TAL for some DSP code. Something at the level of TAL Reverb 4 and TAL Noisemaker would be fine. Borrowing outside talent is something that the other DAW makers do.

Still, looking forward to what's in Reaper 6...
Pyramix has an interesting FX routing graphic which could be a model, attached. Pyramix's though is offline, and the Reaper version would be for an online multichannel FX chain.

I use multichannel tracks (16-64 channels) a lot for editing, then buss them to individual mono and stereo tracks for mixing. I would love to see only one wave form in a multichannel track while editing, for clarity. I know about "Set all takes channel mode to mono", which is exactly the view I would love, but while maintaining the "normal" or multichannel item mode.

-Jesse

www.immmp.com/bakery/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture Effects Graph.JPG (33.0 KB, 80 views)
jessesbakery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 12:59 PM   #1016
juliansader
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,192
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trancit View Post
Nice trick, thx, I didn´t know that before...

I wish, there would be pass through for the media explorer too, as I could pass through the shortcut for opening and closing the media Explorer without having to bring the main app in focus and the space bar as well as I always want it to start stop main transport...

Sadly one can delete the space bar from the preview play/stop, but it´s blocked by the media explorer anyway... so...
In the Actions list, add spacebar to the Section:"Global hotkeys overrides". Then it will always pass through to Main, evenfrom the Media Explorer or other windows such as the MIDI editor Event Filter, except if you are typing in a textbox.
juliansader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 01:17 PM   #1017
EpicSounds
Human being with feelings
 
EpicSounds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 5,099
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliansader View Post
In the Actions list, add spacebar to the Section:"Global hotkeys overrides". Then it will always pass through to Main, evenfrom the Media Explorer or other windows such as the MIDI editor Event Filter, except if you are typing in a textbox.
that was in an earlier pre-release but not in any current version
__________________
REAPER Video Tutorials, Tips & Tricks and more at The REAPER Blog
EpicSounds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 02:08 AM   #1018
Trancit
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Gran Canaria
Posts: 318
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliansader View Post
In the Actions list, add spacebar to the Section:"Global hotkeys overrides". Then it will always pass through to Main, evenfrom the Media Explorer or other windows such as the MIDI editor Event Filter, except if you are typing in a textbox.
Thx very much... didn´t know that and works fine!!!
Trancit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 02:09 AM   #1019
Trancit
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Gran Canaria
Posts: 318
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicSounds View Post
that was in an earlier pre-release but not in any current version
I have 5.961+dev1022 installed and there it is present (luckily)...
Trancit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 09:19 AM   #1020
EpicSounds
Human being with feelings
 
EpicSounds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 5,099
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trancit View Post
I have 5.961+dev1022 installed and there it is present (luckily)...
I checked before posting my replay, nothing in the action list for 'global' or 'hotkey'
5.961+dev1022 MacOS

not sure what's going on
__________________
REAPER Video Tutorials, Tips & Tricks and more at The REAPER Blog
EpicSounds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 09:24 AM   #1021
Triode
Human being with feelings
 
Triode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 448
Default

It's in the drop-down list in the action list for selecting the layer (main / midi / etc)
__________________
Brush and Beater Drums Online: www.outoftheboxdrums.co.uk
Triode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 09:31 AM   #1022
EpicSounds
Human being with feelings
 
EpicSounds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 5,099
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triode View Post
It's in the drop-down list in the action list for selecting the layer (main / midi / etc)
found it. Was expecting it to be like the MIDI pass through action
__________________
REAPER Video Tutorials, Tips & Tricks and more at The REAPER Blog
EpicSounds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 01:04 PM   #1023
emanresu
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,505
Default

Native voice commands. Dedicate an input for mic that you can tell Reaper what to do.
Though its possible to do it right now using some Windows tricks but Reaper's own would be better. Because reasons..
__________________
Maybe you find some of it useful>
http://noodid.ee/index.php/Sight-reading
emanresu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 08:49 PM   #1024
Ozman
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 476
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitsuj View Post
Throwing my suggestions into the ring:

+ Vector based user interface and HD font/rendering support

+ Update the current Rea plugins with the new vector based UI

+ Expose the new vector UI elements to JSFX and Lua script

+ Native dockable track inspector (at the moment you can hack it by using a single docked track - it's a common Reaper pattern. But you loose the ability to have a separate mixer dock or window).

+ Improve ReaEQ: High/Low pass db per octave selection, Mid/Side processing, de-cramping near Nyquist. It's so close!

+ Improve RS5K: fixed timestretch playback, filter with envelope/LFO.

+ Improve ReaVerb: and by improve I mean replace. It doesn't sound so good.

+ Improve ReaSynth: There's a real opportunity here to replace this with something that's... usable. It doesn't have to be a complicated offering. Four oscillators, ADSR, Filters with ADSR, some LFO, some useful oscillator waveforms and some simple modulation options.

+ JSFX: This is the elephant in the room. A lot more could be made of it. With the UI sorted out it has the potential to be equivalent to Ableton's Max for Live. Allow developers to lock the code and sell them for a small fee if they so wish.

+ FX Chains as first class citizens: That is, when you add an FX Chain in the mixer it doesn't just add in the individual plugins but it stays in the mixer as a single container. This lets you move and copy FX Chains in the mixer whilst maintaining the routing and ordering within.

+ Routing Visual: at the moment, routing is quite opaque. You can have a list of plugins in the mixer view but there's no indication of how they're wired together unless you start working out what pins are going where. It would be useful to be able to open a window which showed the plugins as entities and the audio paths connecting them as wires. Even better if you can create/edit in that view. See HOFA System 1, Kilohearts Snap Ins or FLStudio's Patcher for existing approaches.

The biggest ones I think would be getting UI consistency and elevating JSFX. For getting a decent reverb and synth I'd be tempted to strike a deal with TAL for some DSP code. Something at the level of TAL Reverb 4 and TAL Noisemaker would be fine. Borrowing outside talent is something that the other DAW makers do.

Still, looking forward to what's in Reaper 6...
Well said.
Ozman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 07:35 AM   #1025
jessesbakery
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 7
Default Fade Editor Improvements?

I would love to see a fade editor with a visual interface like the one attached. I come from classical music where takes vary in length, and fades can be adjusted and auditioned with a bit more nuance than is currently possible in Reaper.

This would be a huge boon to the workflow! I use Reaper for projects that have more mix complexity, and Pyramix for projects with need for more editing nuance, but I would love to use just one DAW - the fade editor is the big thing holding me back at the moment.

Is anyone else on this (or a similar) bandwagon?

Jesse
jessesbakery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 12:38 PM   #1026
grandfougue
Human being with feelings
 
grandfougue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 56
Default

Play sample loops .... in média explorer direct from my midi keyboard style ADSR Sample MANAGER VST

sorry redondant but
SWS SWS SWS IMPLEMENTATION

Last edited by grandfougue; 11-24-2018 at 12:46 PM.
grandfougue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 12:40 PM   #1027
vanhaze
Human being with feelings
 
vanhaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 4,692
Default

Ooh Yes, neat idea for sure !!
vanhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 12:49 PM   #1028
mamazai
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 348
Default

1. Pro tools style playlist ( not script )
2. Pro tools style alphabetic slots in Tcp/Mcp
3. Theme : Logarithmic Meters
4. Theme : Eq & Gain reduction window in Mcp, gain reduction in only TCP
5. Theme : Right Click on Tcp for the height mesurement, small-med-big...
6. High resolution, redesign real GUI, not toy
7. Beat detective
8. Redesign Reaeq gui, all bands in one window
9. Track changing on the Fx floating window, like pro tools
10. Redesign cursors
11. Some scripts are good but... new stock plugin
12. Groups in snapshot
13. Edit & Mix groups
mamazai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 05:16 AM   #1029
JoelTheSuperior
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 7
Default

Two things I'd love to see:

1. Multitouch support. I want to be able to drag multiple faders in the mixer at once. That'd be amazing.

2. Better comping. See how Logic / Studio One does this.
JoelTheSuperior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 05:13 PM   #1030
Pinknoise
Human being with feelings
 
Pinknoise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Around Montréal
Posts: 638
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelTheSuperior View Post
Two things I'd love to see:

1. Multitouch support. I want to be able to drag multiple faders in the mixer at once. That'd be amazing.

2. Better comping. See how Logic / Studio One does this.
Yeah the comping I missed from Logic eventually you get used to it and it does not bug me anymore.
Pinknoise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 10:55 PM   #1031
sightlessness
Human being with feelings
 
sightlessness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 750
Default

Looks overhaul, elements position overhaul. Can't wait for version 6 anyway.

FIXED (but hideable like fx and send/recieve section) TONE STACK (or section) in each track (like in a console) with compressor with selectable type (vintage,classic, modern, whatever).

I know, I can add the EQ of my selection and use an specific area to move the paremeters of my selection, but it's not the same because those knobs are so tiny not even squinting
make me able to see how much I am adding or substracting (or whatever) and having this would make look Reaper's MCP awesome (maybe). And it would be hideable so no harm to anyone.
__________________
I want to live PEACEFULLY PLEASE WORLD "LEADERS" GET THIS DONE/LET IT BE FOR GOOD AND MAKE HISTORYYYYYYY! Thanks.

Last edited by sightlessness; 11-26-2018 at 07:07 AM.
sightlessness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 01:11 AM   #1032
Chris7t6
Human being with feelings
 
Chris7t6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 2
Default 2 things!

1) Customizable toolbars in fx window

2) show recieves in mcp.

3) action or script or something to be able to change sends and receives between their post/pre states from the mcp extended mixer...and tcp for that matter.

That’s it

After that...I’m good!
Chris7t6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 01:17 AM   #1033
JamesPeters
Human being with feelings
 
JamesPeters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Near a big lake
Posts: 1,951
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sightlessness View Post
FIXED (but hideable like fx and send/recieve section) TONE STACK (or section) in each track (like in a console) with compressor with selectable type (vintage,classic, modern, whatever).
-1

I hated that about Sonar. All the stuff that's always there "but hideable" and still taking up room and resources. Some of us don't like that stuff at all.

Plus you can already do something similar in Reaper. Load whatever effects you want, show whatever of their controls you want in TCP/MCP, rename them if you want, and you can save it as a default track template. Next time you load a track it's all there.
__________________
http://petersamplification.com
Core i3-6300 - MSI B150M Mortar w/ Intel HD530 - 8 GB RAM - Asus Xonar DX - MX Linux (MX-17.1_x64) - REAPER for Linux

Last edited by JamesPeters; 11-30-2018 at 01:33 AM.
JamesPeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 05:05 AM   #1034
Eddy
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitsuj View Post
Throwing my suggestions into the ring:

+ Vector based user interface and HD font/rendering support

+ Update the current Rea plugins with the new vector based UI

+ Expose the new vector UI elements to JSFX and Lua script

+ Native dockable track inspector (at the moment you can hack it by using a single docked track - it's a common Reaper pattern. But you loose the ability to have a separate mixer dock or window).

+ Improve ReaEQ: High/Low pass db per octave selection, Mid/Side processing, de-cramping near Nyquist. It's so close!

+ Improve RS5K: fixed timestretch playback, filter with envelope/LFO.

+ Improve ReaVerb: and by improve I mean replace. It doesn't sound so good.

+ Improve ReaSynth: There's a real opportunity here to replace this with something that's... usable. It doesn't have to be a complicated offering. Four oscillators, ADSR, Filters with ADSR, some LFO, some useful oscillator waveforms and some simple modulation options.

+ JSFX: This is the elephant in the room. A lot more could be made of it. With the UI sorted out it has the potential to be equivalent to Ableton's Max for Live. Allow developers to lock the code and sell them for a small fee if they so wish.

+ FX Chains as first class citizens: That is, when you add an FX Chain in the mixer it doesn't just add in the individual plugins but it stays in the mixer as a single container. This lets you move and copy FX Chains in the mixer whilst maintaining the routing and ordering within.

+ Routing Visual: at the moment, routing is quite opaque. You can have a list of plugins in the mixer view but there's no indication of how they're wired together unless you start working out what pins are going where. It would be useful to be able to open a window which showed the plugins as entities and the audio paths connecting them as wires. Even better if you can create/edit in that view. See HOFA System 1, Kilohearts Snap Ins or FLStudio's Patcher for existing approaches.

The biggest ones I think would be getting UI consistency and elevating JSFX. For getting a decent reverb and synth I'd be tempted to strike a deal with TAL for some DSP code. Something at the level of TAL Reverb 4 and TAL Noisemaker would be fine. Borrowing outside talent is something that the other DAW makers do.

Still, looking forward to what's in Reaper 6...
excellent suggestions
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 04:19 PM   #1035
Pinknoise
Human being with feelings
 
Pinknoise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Around Montréal
Posts: 638
Default

Adding Synth 1 to Reaper would be great but it's already free...! :-)
Yeah the reverb (Reaverberate) does suck. The first time I put it on I deleted immediatly ! Tried it many times afterwards I hardly found a spot where it works. It's like Waves TrueVerb to me !
Once in a blue moon it does work on something but eventually you just give up trying and put a reverb that tends to work most of time (Hint: Valhalla, 2CAudio...)

Last edited by Pinknoise; 11-30-2018 at 06:46 PM.
Pinknoise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 05:08 PM   #1036
JamesPeters
Human being with feelings
 
JamesPeters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Near a big lake
Posts: 1,951
Default

To anyone who says ReaVerb isn't good: you probably mean ReaVerbate. ReaVerb is as good as the impulses you use. It sounds awesome on my computer. Just get some good impulses. I don't even care about algo-based reverbs.
__________________
http://petersamplification.com
Core i3-6300 - MSI B150M Mortar w/ Intel HD530 - 8 GB RAM - Asus Xonar DX - MX Linux (MX-17.1_x64) - REAPER for Linux
JamesPeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 06:53 PM   #1037
Pinknoise
Human being with feelings
 
Pinknoise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Around Montréal
Posts: 638
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPeters View Post
To anyone who says ReaVerb isn't good: you probably mean ReaVerbate. ReaVerb is as good as the impulses you use. It sounds awesome on my computer. Just get some good impulses. I don't even care about algo-based reverbs.
Yes I meant Reverberate. Algo reverbs I find are best suited for bigger than life sound. Like electronic music for exemple. Or to give a special vibe/feel.
I like them a lot although I use IR just as much.
Reverb like Blackhole just makes me feel like out of this world. I think they are very usefull tool to convey particular emotions.
I'm no Ilok fan but this one made me install it. I almost don't regret it...yet...
Pinknoise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 07:11 PM   #1038
Glennbo
Human being with feelings
 
Glennbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 2,743
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPeters View Post
To anyone who says ReaVerb isn't good: you probably mean ReaVerbate. ReaVerb is as good as the impulses you use. It sounds awesome on my computer. Just get some good impulses. I don't even care about algo-based reverbs.
Here's wish list item. I wish that ReaVerb would go true stereo like the two Linux verbs you and I have recently been talking about. I was stunned when I heard some of the impulses that I've used for years when I heard them playing through the KlangFalter reverb. It was like there was suddenly this space that didn't exist before.

I'll have to watch and see if I hear the anomaly you mentioned the other day about it.
__________________
Glennbo
Soundclick - http://www.soundclick.com/glennbo
--
Glennbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 03:12 AM   #1039
mschnell
Human being with feelings
 
mschnell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Germany
Posts: 6,141
Default

I regularly and very happily use ReaVerb in a true stereo configuration (i.e. two Reaverb instances) using "L" and "R" impulse files by the free "Samplicity M7" set of impulses, e.g. for drums overhead mics. In fact the gain in "realistic space" is enormous.

Of course an option to load both files in a single "ReaVerb+" instance would be great.

-Michael
__________________
www.boa-sorte.de
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 07:24 AM   #1040
SubbaseDnB
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 188
Default

More Mastering related features
SubbaseDnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.