Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 09-19-2009, 01:38 AM   #1
Padre_PC
Human being with feelings

Default CSurf plugin for Novation Automap 3

-------------------------- EDIT --------------------------

* Last edit: 2012-04-22. Latest stable release: Revision 137. Installer includes 32/64-bit versions and PDF user guide.

http://www.p-c-m.org/temp/AutomapCSu....137-setup.exe
http://www.p-c-m.org/temp/AutomapCSu....137-setup.exe
http://www.p-c-m.org/temp/AutomapCSu....137-setup.dmg (beta)

* Source code. Revision 81 (license: LGPL):

http://www.p-c-m.org/temp/reaper_csurf_automap.src.zip

* Info:

This plugin is aimed at Novation Automap users who wish to use their controller (RemoteSL, RemoteSL ZeRO, Nocturn, RemoteSL MKII, iPhone, etc) as a Control Surface within Reaper.

- RemoteSL (ZeRO), RemoteSL Compact, iPhone, Nocturn supported.
- 32-bit/64-bit Windows supported.
- Mac OSX Universal Binary under beta-testing.

* Requirements:

- Reaper v4.0+
- Automap v3.7.4+

* Installation:

- Run the installer and read user's guide carefully.

* Optional:

- Send your feedback so I can enhance the plugin.

* Known bugs:

- Plugin leaves empty Automap pages when reducing number of tracks during a session: "this is not a bug, this is a feature", or more likely a dirty trick to prevent Automap Server from crashing when an active page is supposed to be deleted by remapping. Sent an email to Novation about that.

- Automap cannot allocate more than 2048 parameters per preset. With current mappings, 2048 parameters means: 202 (iPhone), 328 (RemoteSL), or 504 (Nocturn) tracks max. I may add an option to split between multiple presets if there's a maniac out there using so many tracks

- Automap won't refresh on: GUI FX chain on/off, Track Send and Track Hardware Send parameters change (vol, pan, mute, mode, etc.). The Reaper SDK is not ready for that (feature request for Cockos).

- iPhone buttons and Nocturn/MKII LEDs behave strangely: buttons are used as momentary commands but the Automap SDK won't see that. (fixed?)

* Feature Requests:

- Novation: New Client:: method to send text to LCD screen (currently only available through sysex)
- Cockos: TrackFX_XXX() functions for TCP/MCP FX Parameters knobs (parameter name, formatted value)
- Cockos: IReaperControlSurface::SetSurfaceXXX() notification on "save as..."
- Cockos: IReaperControlSurface::SetSurfaceXXX() notification on FX chain on/off
- Cockos: IReaperControlSurface::SetSurfaceXXX() notification on FX selection
- Cockos: IReaperControlSurface::SetSurfaceXXX() notification on Track Send Vol change
- Cockos: IReaperControlSurface::SetSurfaceXXX() notification on Track Send Pan change
- Cockos: IReaperControlSurface::SetSurfaceXXX() notification on Track Send Mute change
- Cockos: IReaperControlSurface::SetSurfaceXXX() notification on Track Send Pan change
- Cockos: IReaperControlSurface::SetSurfaceXXX() notification on Track Hardware Send Vol change
- Cockos: IReaperControlSurface::SetSurfaceXXX() notification on Track Hardware Send Pan change
- Cockos: IReaperControlSurface::SetSurfaceXXX() notification on Track Hardware Send Mute change
- Cockos: IReaperControlSurface::SetSurfaceXXX() notification on Track Hardware Send Pan change

* Bug Reports:

- Novation: Automap Server crashes when active page is deleted by remapping (?)
- Cockos: GetSetTrackSendInfo("I_SENDMODE") does not refresh IO window

This post will be edited each time a new version is available.

Padre P.C.

-------------------------- /EDIT --------------------------

-------------------------- ORIGINAL POST --------------------------

Hi there,

I am a musician/software developper. I'm not currently using Reaper as my main DAW but got interested in this fine piece of software few weeks ago.

I noticed the current HUI implementation recommended for Novation RemoteSL is rather weak, so I started playing around with the Reaper SDK. Check this out:

http://www.p-c-m.org/temp/reaper_csurf_automap_demo.dll

My current implemention includes: all transport commands, Vol/Pan/Mute/Solo/Arm, automatic refresh, real track names/values (dB for vol, % for pan, etc.) on the RemoteSL.

The tempo pot on the RemoteSL is used to switch between "Track View" (= all tracks listed) and "Mixer View" (= "MCPMode" = only tracks visible on the mixer window)

This current version is a DEMO, limited to 5 tracks max. I haven't bought a Reaper licence yet. Since I got more time & C++ skills than money I was thinking about buying my way in through this plugin, e.g. setting up some kind of donationware system. As soon as I get enough to buy the licence (the $60 one) everything would be free, unlimited, and open-source. Any Automap users interested?

-------------------------- /ORIGINAL POST --------------------------

Last edited by Padre_PC; 04-22-2012 at 11:32 AM.
Padre_PC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 02:21 AM   #2
nicholas
Scribe

Hi Padre (and welcome) -

Just downloaded this, I might get a chance to play with it tomorrow.

But by background I'm an audio engineer much more than a computer freak. Where do I place this file? And how do I install it? Sorry to ask such obviously dum questions ... but then again, I might not be the only one!
nicholas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 03:26 AM   #3
madias

Dear Padre,
totally agree with you, that the automap implimentation of reaper is´nt good (yet).
I´ve tried out your dll (-> nicholas: put the *.dll file into /reaper/plugins and select "novation automap demo" in the preferences -> control surfaces).
the transport now keys working well, FF and Rewind are still..useless (but it´s rather a reaper problem).
Seeing "db" instead of "0-127" on the volume sliders is really helpful!

My suggestion for you: Write cockos a mail and ask them, how about getting a license for free as a countermove programming a better automap implimentation)
madias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 03:43 AM   #4
musicbynumbers

Nice job! Although i have a automap sl i only use it for automap but if you could write a better plug in for the frontier designs alphatrack that just adds the ability to make the top 4 buttons assignable and not just the function keys i'll chuck you some money!

(if you don't ask.. You don't get!) lol

But they might give you a license for doing this automap plug in
musicbynumbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 03:53 AM   #5
nicholas
Scribe

Quote:
Originally Posted by madias View Post
put the *.dll file into /reaper/plugins and select "novation automap demo" in the preferences -> control surfaces
Thanks! Will do!
nicholas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 05:21 AM   #6
Padre_PC

Thanks to everyone for the feedback.

Quote:
FF and Rewind are still..useless (but it´s rather a reaper problem).
Do you mean Reaper is not responding to the FF/RWD commands from your RemoteSL? It should: I implemented and successfully tested those (with Automap v3.2): Play, Stop, Rec, Loop, Forward, Rewind.

GoStart/GoEnd are the only commands from Reaper's transport bar you that are not responding, simply because since they don't exist on the RemoteSL.

I actually had hesitations on whether I should make the RemoteSL's FF/RWD buttons control Reaper's FF/RWD or GoStart/GoEnd, the later ones being possibly more useful than FF/RWD for some people.

I'm investigating Automap's preset system to make both FF/RWD and GoStart/GoEnd versions available in one single CSurf instance, together with Track/Mixer viewing options (currently handled by the SL's tempo button). That would mean 4 presets available.

Quote:
My suggestion for you: Write cockos a mail and ask them, how about getting a license for free as a countermove programming a better automap implimentation)
Hmmm... actually I did That was in August, no answer so far. Maybe they're not interested or maybe I used an obsolete email address (I think that was licensing@cockos.com), I don't know.

I also contacted Novation about the plugin. No answer either, although at one point I got great support from one of their technicians about the Automap SDK. Very nice guy indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicbynumbers View Post
if you could write a better plug in for the frontier designs alphatrack that just adds the ability to make the top 4 buttons assignable and not just the function keys i'll chuck you some money!
As I said I got more time & programming skills than money + this Reaper SDK is actually fun to play with. Only problem is: I have no Alphatrack.

Working on a CSurf plugin without the actual device might be tricky!
Old 09-19-2009, 07:08 AM   #7
musicbynumbers

That's understandable if you don't have an alphatrack! Lol

I would beta test it for you if you felt like trying this (hopefully) small mod. I was hoping you might be able to open up the code and easily re-program it just for these four buttons. i might have a look at all this stuff myself and see if i can get anything from it but i'm up for helping you out if you feel like it but hope you get somewhere with cockos and your remote sl plug in.
Old 09-20-2009, 02:18 AM   #8
Padre_PC

I've taken a quick look at the Alphatrack source code. It's definitely doable, real piece of cake I think.

My understanding is that the F1-F4 keys are sending 8 MIDI CCs to Reaper (CC #0->3 Shift Off, #4->7 Shift On), then you need to assign the above to your favorite shortcut from Options->Preferences->Keyboard/Control, right?

Any Alphatrack button can be reprogrammed to do the same, starting from CC #8.

musicbynumbers, here's what we're gonna do: let me sip on coffee for a minute, then put a good record on and give this mod a try, ok? Check your PMs later today...
Old 09-20-2009, 04:06 AM   #9
musicbynumbers

That sounds fantastic! i hope were talking about the same buttons as i already have the function buttons set up. It's the ones above that called pan,eq,send,plug-in and auto (sorry i said 4 i meant 5)

Currently these buttons don't do anything and although there is already a mod that makes use of them i would much prefer if they sent out a midi command that could be assigned to a key command and even better if they also sent out a different command if the shift key is held too

Be so cool to assign them to relative functions. I'm sure this would also be useful to other alphatrack guys too!

Thanks. Can chuck you a little money for it naturally but can also make a post telling people to try it and donate too!

There are a few other things that would be great to get working on it too that are broken at the moment, one thing is the ability to swap any parameter knob at the top for the main fader (as it was meant to work like) and the other would be to turn the 3 knobs at the top into midi controllers (including their push button ability) able to be used for things like solo in front level and send level.

Last edited by musicbynumbers; 09-20-2009 at 04:10 AM.
Old 09-20-2009, 05:01 AM   #10
Padre_PC

I sent you a PM few minutes ago, hope the mod is working.

I made those 5 Pan-Eq-Send-etc buttons programmable + the TrackL-TrackR-Loop-Flip buttons as well (I wasn't sure since you wrote "4"). I'll turn these 4 back to normal & reassign F1->F4 to Cockos' initial setting (CC #0->7) later.

Shift key is enabled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicbynumbers View Post
There are a few other things that would be great to get working on it too that are broken at the moment, one thing is the ability to swap any parameter knob at the top for the main fader (as it was meant to work like) and the other would be to turn the 3 knobs at the top into midi controllers (including their push button ability) able to be used for things like solo in front level and send level.
These mods may be difficult to work on without the actual Alphatrack. Well, yesterday I thought the other ones would be, so you never known...
Old 09-20-2009, 05:50 AM   #11
musicbynumbers

Thanks! Replied to your pm and will test as soon as my pc is back up and running!

The function keys were assignable so no need to change those but really glad to hear you've opened up the top buttons (pan,eq,send,plugin and auto) and come to think of it also the bottom row too. The only one that might be worth keeping is "flip" but it doesn't work properly yet anyway. Will try the way it is now and feedback to you.

You should start a new thread for this alphatrack mod. You should get some interest and some donations from it as those buttons are not used in the standard one and maybe cockos will give a licence for it
Old 09-20-2009, 07:07 AM   #12
Padre_PC

I'll check my PMs after this post.

In the meantime I have updated the Automap CSurf with extra options. In Options->Preferences->Control Surfaces, the Add/Edit 'Novation Automap' dialog now shows:

- A checkbox to assign the RemoteSL's FFW/RWD buttons to either FFW/RWD or GoStart/GoEnd

- A checkbox to start Reaper/Automap in "Mixer view" instead of "Track View".

Currently one must use the 'Tempo change' command on the RemoteSL to switch between Mixer/Track views. Using a "Reaper action" would be more convenient, I'll take a look at this possibility.
Old 09-20-2009, 11:00 AM   #13
Padre_PC

Last update for today:

- Added two "Novation Automap: ..." entries to the Actions menu. One to switch between ffw/rwd and start/end for the RemoteSL "ffw/rwd" buttons, the other one to switch between track view and mixer view.

- Since the RemoteSL tempo knob is now useless, I implemented a zoom in/out function out of it. Only problem: you cannot zoom out once internal RemoteSL tempo has reached 20BPM, you cannot zoom in once internal RemoteSL tempo has reached 320BPM. The Automap SDK is supposed to let me set internal tempo to any value (e.g. 170BPM once min/max is reached) but it's not working I'll ask Novation about this.

Have fun!

Last edited by Padre_PC; 09-20-2009 at 10:00 PM.
Old 09-20-2009, 12:26 PM   #14
Henry-S

I have a Novation 25SL MKii and I love the unit but have also found that Reaper and it can be a little annoying.

Will this .dll help me as I obviously use Automap Pro on mine?

Thanks
Old 09-20-2009, 11:01 PM   #15
Padre_PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry-S View Post
I have a Novation 25SL MKii and I love the unit but have also found that Reaper and it can be a little annoying.

Will this .dll help me as I obviously use Automap Pro on mine?

Thanks
I certainly hope so! Any Novation device that uses Automap should work (RemoteSL, RemoteSL ZeRO, Nocturn, RemoteSL MKII, ...)

Time for a tutorial I guess:

1 - Close Reaper.

2 - Copy reaper_csurf_automap_demo.dll to REAPER\Plugins.

3 - Launch Reaper.

4 - In Options/Preferences/Control Surfaces, install "Novation Automap (DEMO)" (you may want to uninstall "HUI (partial)" as well if you were using this one).

5 - The Automap Server should start if it's not already. RemoteSL should use the "Automap Universal" template or whatever it's called.

Optionnal:

6 - In Actions/Show actions list you will also find two "Novation Automap: ..." entries to play with.

7 - Send your feedback so I can enhance the plugin.

Note on how to use the tempo/zoom function: you have to press the encoder until the "tempo" LED is active. It will not work with "template/bank/program" modes.

Note to Mac users: since both SDKs (Reaper's and Novation's) are available for MacOSX it should be possible to compile this CSurf plugin for your favorite OS. I'll try to find a way to do that.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:15 PM   #16
wellieman

Hey Padre PC,

Just some feedback for you. I have a Novation Remote 25SL and this works like a dream for me running with Automap 3.2. Every feature you've programmed works great, much better than the Automap version. I particularly like the way that track names are picked up and the tempo knob controls zooming. Clearly you've a talent for this and I would encourage you to add some more features. Out of interest I have the Automap app for my iPhone and your template works in a fashion with that as well - although the mapping needs tweaking.

One last thing - any chance of making your Alphatrack template tweak (the one supplied to Mr. Musicbynumbers) public domain as I have one and am happy to test.

Thanks for your efforts to date.
wellieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:47 PM   #17
musicbynumbers

see, told you others would be interested in the alphatrack one!

still to test it, hopefully thursday!
Old 09-21-2009, 10:43 PM   #18
Padre_PC

Hi wellieman,

Thanks for your feedback.

You can test the Alphatrack mod if you're interested, check your PMs later. I prefer not to make it public right now, but once I got first satisfying results from you guys I will. Binary + source code, no problem. Alphatrack code is LGPL anyway...

Right now we're testing 9 (+shift = 18) programmable functions. Final idea would be:

- 5 top buttons programmable
- 4 TrackL/TrackR/etc buttons programmable or native behaviour, depending on user settings (think "Novation Automap: toggle ..."-like action)

I think I can make these mods without too much trouble (keep in mind that I can't beta-test myself!)

New "Alphatrack CSurf mods" topic soon!
Old 09-22-2009, 12:14 AM   #19
slowass

This looks fantastic. I've been struggling to get AutoMap for my iPhone to work properly with Reaper. Please make it the way its suppose to!
slowass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 05:32 AM   #20
Padre_PC

About mapping: all Novation Automap devices use "parameters index" values that are not documented anywhere by Novation. I had to figure out which knob/button respond to which param index by myself on the Remote SL ZeRO (not a difficult task but still: documentation in the Automap SDK would have made this easier...)

If you try to use my plugin, mapping should be ok for Remote SL ZeRO devices, and probably for Remote SLs too (I'm talking version 1, not MKII)

MKII, Nocturn, iPhone, etc. users: since I have none of those devices at home, I would need to program a standalone app for you to run in order to get the info regarding parameter indexes and program new mappings accordingly.

This is of course just in case Novation don't think I'm doing a good job and don't feel like sending me one copy of each Automap device

Last edited by Padre_PC; 09-22-2009 at 05:57 AM.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:23 AM   #21
kelldammit

the demo seems to work fine with my sl25 compact too. i'll kick it around some more to see if i can find anything that doesn't behave, but mostly, i just use transport/mixer functions. also, THANK YOU!!! it's great to have a working loop button! that's always driven me nuts.
another nice feature suggestion might be an option for the ff/rw buttons to go to next/previous measure when not in start/end mode...
even as it is now, you'll see a contribution at some point next week. great work!

k

-OR-

feed the children. preferably to starving wild animals.
kelldammit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 12:36 PM   #22
wellieman

Padre PC - some more feedback...

1. Alphatrack

Top five buttons(pan/send/eq/plug-in/auto) now send Midi Ch 16, CC0-4. Next four (F1-4) send CC9-12. Next four send CC5-8. Then with shift key on they send CC13-25. I guess that is what you intended and works great. The only issue is that the track < and > buttons do not now move to the next/previous track. If I assign these two buttons to track next/previous as actions in Reaper they do not actually pick the tracks up for controlling. So would prefer the track < and > buttons to revert to normal.

The knobs at the top still do what they did previously. That is the first knob controls Pan for the selected track. The second knob scrolls through whatever parameters can be changed in the FX slots. And the third knob actually changes the selected parameter value. But, yeh, definitely more usable with your mods. and we can now assign them to do something useful!

2. iPhone

I know you said the iPhone etc will have incorrect mappings. Thought you'd like to see what the first six screens of your Automap control surface mod actually looks like. The iPhone app has any number of screens with two faders at the top and two rows of four buttons. So it's probably not a big job to remap each page to each track (for example).

Anyway, good work, count on me too for a donation...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg iPhone_Automap3.jpg (84.8 KB, 977 views)
Old 09-22-2009, 01:03 PM   #23
Justin
Administrator

Hmm, never saw your email.. can you try emailing me via justin / cockos (com)?

-Justin
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 05:56 PM   #24
musicbynumbers

Wellie man about the "next track" "previous track", i had the same problem with the alpha not picking it up on that command but i believe there is another set of similar commands that do work. Only problem is i have no working computer for a few more days so can't let you know which ones. They might have been part of the sws extension set.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:07 PM   #25
harry600

Padre_PC thank you very much for this cooool plugin. I own, like you, a Remote Zero SL (not MKII). Until you publish this plugin here i use the HUI Emulation. This works. But i have missed to use the FF and Rewind buttons as i done in Cubase. With your plugin now it works, but not as i expected. I have to press the FF and Rewind buttons many times to moving the play cursor in the Arrange view. It would be nice whether the FF / Rewind button can keep depressed an the play cursor is moving.
harry600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:37 AM   #26
Padre_PC

Looks like you guys are setting up a real roadmap for me!

Alphatrack:

I will compile a version with top 5 five buttons programmable, and native behaviour for everything else (= TrackR/TrackL/etc row back to "normal"). An action to make row TrackR/TrackL/etc programmable is interesting for some but not vital since the mod already has (5+4)*2 programmable buttons. I'll create a new topic and make source code public: if most Alphatrack users are happy with it you guys can ask Cockos to include these mods in their own code.

iPhone:

Thanks wellieman for the screenshots, now I've got the mapping figured out and can update the plugin accordingly. For a start I'm thinking Page1 = transport bar, then Page2 = Track1, Page3 = Track2, etc. with vol/pan assigned to sliders and mute/solo/arm assigned to buttons.

My source code now needs a small design mod to handle different mapping scenarios, so please be patient.

RemoteSL:

Got an answer from the good folks at Novation. Looks like this max/min tempo issue can't be solved easily. No big deal, I've got a new idea in mind: Page1 mappings would feature as many global features as I can fit in, including zoom in/out, markers, etc. Track control would start at Page 2. harry600: I'm afraid I can't do anything based on pressed/depressed at the moment. Nothing to worry about: cursor moves could be programmed on endless encoders, something for Page1.

Justin:

Thanks for joining the topic. I've sent you an email today.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:34 PM   #27
wellieman

Padre: Sounds great, look forward to the mods. Hope you have "fruitful" discussions with Justin/Cockos...

Musicbynumbers: Can't seem to get any of the alternate actions to make next/previous track actually pick them up for editing. Let me know how you did it..! Anyway its no problem as it looks like Padre will revert these to normal.

Cheers guys.
Old 09-23-2009, 02:27 PM   #28
slowass

This can be interesting indeed. What a joy to have Reaper control implemented in the iPhone the right way!
slowass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 05:18 PM   #29
musicbynumbers

Will do once i get my computer back up and running will check it out as well as test the plugin. Keep up the good work!
Old 09-24-2009, 02:04 PM   #30
Padre_PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellieman View Post
Hope you have "fruitful" discussions with Justin/Cockos...
Very fruitful indeed! Let's just say that I may have to refuse donations Better yet: I got back in touch with people at Novation and now I can access Automap Pro version! If I can get my hands on another Automap device I'll try to see how a multi-device Automap setup could integrate within Reaper.

In the meantime... lots of new things:

First page(s) are now filled with global parameters such as master vol/pan, goto next/prev marker, add marker/region, set loop start/end, zoom in/out, track selection, etc.

AND... iPhone mappings should be alright now! Check out the CSurf dialog box, there's an option to select RemoteSL or iPhone mappings. Nocturn is greyed out because I don't have the param ids yet. Nocturn users please get in touch!

Alphatrack mod... it's ready, it's here:

http://www.p-c-m.org/temp/reaper_csu...hatrackmod.dll

Top 5 buttons (+shift) programmable, anything else non-modded. Is it working?

Now my personal feedback:

As I've said in post #1 I am a musician/software developper. Sometimes when I feel like adding new functions to my instruments, DAWs, etc. I simply do, or at least I try to.

Example 1: I own a Yamaha A5000 sampler. Terrific sampler, poor software tools. Earlier this year I started to work on a software editor for this beauty. I contacted Yamaha to get documentation on their filesystem but never got anything from them. It's company policy, they do what they want and I'm cool with that. But instead of going smoothly through a documented format and end up with a fantastic program I had to spend most of my time reverse-engineering this system (think Akai CDs but 100x worse and without any external help).

Not only did I lost time I could have spent on adding new features to this software editor many A-series users (= Yamaha customers) would have enjoyed, but through reverse-engineering I still managed to get the information they didn't want to share (yes, the program is limited but it's working).

Example 2: I own a Novation RemoteSL. Terrific controller. I'm about to make Reaper my main DAW. Killer app. When I first took a look at the "Automap HUI" it was alright but not as powerful as it could be, so I started to take a look at those SDKs from Novation and Cockos. Within DAYS I already had something nice going on.

My conclusion: none, but I think you get the idea. I have no problem with companies such as Yamaha. As long as they keeping manufacturing good stuff I may keep buying them. But if a company such as Novation or Cockos comes up with a similar product then it will be goodbye Yammy. Why? Because of the SDKs, because they give me access to information I need to tweak their products for my own needs.

Now let's go turn those knobs around!

Last edited by Padre_PC; 09-24-2009 at 02:11 PM.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:00 PM   #31
musicbynumbers

Still not got my new graphics cards yet to test your new alphatrack or the automap one but can't wait to pretty soonish!!

Great news about Justin and novation.

This is just a very rough idea and probably over the top but..
Any chance that there could be away to have a separate mode where you could see just the parameters for one channel?

This would be amazing if we could select a channel in reaper and then for it to show up on the automap with something like the 16 knobs linked to the assignable fx control knobs (with each parameters name showing on the automap display) and then the 8 faders set to do the sends (buttons still guessing about)

something like this, I think the assignable knobs we have would be great if we could get them easily on to the automap display with names intact at the moment I have to set them up as a midi map.

Keep up the good work Padre!!!
Old 09-24-2009, 03:05 PM   #32
musicbynumbers

also..

I have the keyboard version and the zero version of the remote sl so I could help beta test this too if you get a special two device mode!
Old 09-24-2009, 03:41 PM   #33
merdave

I have a Nocturn using Automap Pro. Currently, I'm using it to control FX and a BCF2000 to control the Reaper interface.

Question: if I use your plugin, can I still use the Nocturn to control FX parameters?

Let me know if I can be of help.
merdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 04:09 PM   #34
wellieman

Padre: I'm late back in tonight (actually at a friends' making music..!!) and am excited to read about the latest updates. Fantastic news about your developments with Cockos and Novation.

So will try things out tomorrow and return with some feedback. Until then....
Old 09-24-2009, 11:01 PM   #35
Padre_PC

musicbynumbers: you read my mind. I'm thinking about a new set of global parameters for Page 1: vol/pan of current selected track, one encoder to select FX, another one to select FX params 1->8, then 9->16, etc. and 8 knobs assigned to the above FX parameters.

FX control was not a priority till then because Automap already has a VST manager, but the Alphatrack implementation gave me this idea.

merdave: yes you can still control FX. Check out the Automap manual: you can select different Automap presets during a session (in Inst/FX/User/Mixer categories). The Reaper control preset from my plugin appears in "Mixer" settings. If you're willing to help I will prepare a small standalone app to get the Nocturn mappings right. You can already give the "RemoteSL" mappings a try.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:41 AM   #36
merdave

OK. Count me in.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:34 AM   #37
Padre_PC

Good, check out your PMs
Old 09-25-2009, 10:55 AM   #38
harry600

Default Reaper 3.11 crashes with the latest version of the CSurf plugin

This afternoon i would use the latest version of the plugin because of the new features that was added.
I performed the steps 1 to 4 as you descriped earlier above to install the "Novation Automap (DEMO)". Until this stage with an empty song it works. Than i want to load my current production and Reaper crashes. After that Reaper crashes every time when i want to install the "Novation Automap (DEMO)". Regardless whether i start Reaper with a Song or with an empty project.

Padre if you want i can send you the error logs about the crash. Maybe it can be helpfull.
harry600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 11:44 AM   #39
Padre_PC

Ouch! Yes please send me the error logs. Had you tried the previous demos? Did they crash too?
Old 09-25-2009, 11:50 AM   #40
merdave

Here's the screenshots.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg page1.jpg (97.0 KB, 1390 views)
File Type: jpg page2.jpg (97.2 KB, 1287 views)