Old 03-04-2021, 05:43 AM   #1
IXix
Human being with feelings

Default Thanks to the testers!

A big shout out to all those who take the time to test new features, report bugs and make suggestions for improvements. Some of you guys, I don't know how you find time to actually make music!

IXix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 08:38 AM   #2
Edison

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXix View Post
A big shout out to all those who take the time to test new features, report bugs and make suggestions for improvements. Some of you guys, I don't know how you find time to actually make music!

I agree with you, many people working for a better REAPER every day!!

Last edited by Edison; 03-04-2021 at 08:44 AM.
Edison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 08:43 AM   #3
schwa
Administrator

Hear hear!
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 02:05 PM   #4
mabian

Quote:

Make music? Who!?

- Mario
mabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 06:32 AM   #5
operator

I agree, a thanks must be spoken to all involved.

BUT at the same time we need to conciously keep in mind this is only made possible by the Devs... you think I m talking about the acctual development of Reaper? Naahhh!!! What I mean is the infrastructure which surrounds the development... This makes the close interaction with the develoment team possible in the first place.
Then a big part on the testers and bug reporters side of this "discord/conversation" is also the feeling of being heard or at least shortly looked at by the Devs. (instead of being ignorred like with many other companies)

This is a huge thing for the participants, because this aknowledgement of the Devs is like a "cookie" for the testers! This lowers the threshold of acctually reporting a bug, because you feel respected and that your voice counts same as others! To compare to Bitwig: The Devs left the Forum due to too much complaints about false promises... So you never make a bugreport there, because you know, they will never read it....

This close interaction motivates and also makes you feel like being acctually part of the development itself. Therefore it´s very rewarding and intresting for Users, Scripters and "dev-intrested-but-non-coding-users" who can contribute an idea or a bug report.

The Devs created a highly optimised "dialog" between us and them to maximize the positive outcome for all involved. Therefore encouraging all interested in participation.. HIGHLY optimised system (probably as optimized and organized as the Devs themselves)

[And now please, can somebody grab my ankles and pull me out... I went too far in... ;-)]

Last edited by operator; 03-06-2021 at 07:12 AM.
operator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 07:23 AM   #6
Edison

Quote:
Originally Posted by operator View Post
I agree, a thanks must be spoken to all involved.

BUT at the same time we need to conciously keep in mind this is only made possible by the Devs... you think I m talking about the acctual development of Reaper? Naahhh!!! What I mean is the infrastructure which surrounds the development... This makes the close interaction with the develoment team possible in the first place.
Then a big part on the testers and bug reporters side of this "discord/conversation" is also the feeling of being heard or at least shortly looked at by the Devs. (instead of being ignorred like with many other companies)

This is a huge thing for the participants, because this aknowledgement of the Devs is like a "cookie" for the testers! This lowers the threshold of acctually reporting a bug, because you feel respected and that your voice counts same as others! To compare to Bitwig: The Devs left the Forum due to too much complaints about false promises... So you never make a bugreport there, because you know, they will never read it....

This close interaction motivates and also makes you feel like being acctually part of the development itself. Therefore it´s very rewarding and intresting for Users, Scripters and "dev-intrested-but-non-coding-users" who can contribute an idea or a bug report.

The Devs created a highly optimised "dialog" between us and them to maximize the positive outcome for all involved. Therefore encouraging all interested in participation.. HIGHLY optimised system (probably as optimized and organized as the Devs themselves)

[And now please, can somebody grab my ankles and pull me out... I went too far in... ;-)]
Operator, congratulations on the text. Really the Devs, whenever they can, kindly assist us, I say this because I am a mere translator involved with REAPER for 6 years. That is why I say that 'Together we're more!!' and REAPER = the sum of a little of each one!

Excuse me for poor English
Old 03-06-2021, 07:32 AM   #7
deeb

Quote:

i don't agree. It's far from optimized for the user side ... but it's our option to dive in or not. Anyway i think it's Far from efficient. Manny minutes / hours * manny users spending time for no reason - no road map, no plans, feed back is quite minimal, so manny of the time is spend for nothing. Again it's my option to dive in or not. Is addictive to participate and pushed by the hopes that for us as music production lovers, want to have access to the tools we want or hope to be able to use in a certain way. Is tricky and addictive. In the end i am doing less music ever. This is my thought from which i need to learn.

Last edited by deeb; 03-06-2021 at 07:45 AM.
deeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 08:24 AM   #8
juan_r

Quote:
Where's the LIKE button? I can't find it.
juan_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 08:25 AM   #9
Edison

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeb View Post
i don't agree. It's far from optimized for the user side ... but it's our option to dive in or not. Anyway i think it's Far from efficient. Manny minutes / hours * manny users spending time for no reason - no road map, no plans, feed back is quite minimal, so manny of the time is spend for nothing. Again it's my option to dive in or not. Is addictive to participate and pushed by the hopes that for us as music production lovers, want to have access to the tools we want or hope to be able to use in a certain way. Is tricky and addictive. In the end i am doing less music ever. This is my thought from which i need to learn.
I agree with the Operator

I saw an article by Kenny Gioia a time ago, when he was a Pro Tools user. When suggesting and requesting some modification, sometimes 1 year of waiting, and in this waiting time he ended up creating his own solutions and this is not seen here, thanks to the Devs' patience and dedication towards everyone and attending to them whenever possible!!
Old 03-06-2021, 09:06 AM   #10
deeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edison View Post
I agree with the Operator

I saw an article by Kenny Gioia a time ago, when he was a Pro Tools user. When suggesting and requesting some modification, sometimes 1 year of waiting, and in this waiting time he ended up creating his own solutions and this is not seen here, thanks to the Devs' patience and dedication towards everyone and attending to them whenever possible!!
I am not saying i am not grateful what so ever. I am saying is not highly efficient.

Anyway in terms of users requests: i don't think Reaper is super special here. They do whatever they decide to do like any other DAW.

In terms of development a feature, yea reaper is super special because has and needs for their model lot of feedback from users while others have testers and UX designers.

Again i am not qualifing has good or bad , i just don't agree it is super efficient has operator said.
Old 03-06-2021, 09:26 AM   #11
schwa
Administrator

If there was a perfect method for developing software, everyone would do it 😃

Whether or not the REAPER development process works or seems ideal from any individual user's point of view depends on their particular needs and personal preferences.

The users who do find it rewarding to test features and give feedback are absolutely invaluable to us. We work the way we do because we enjoy it, but we wouldn't be able to do so without your participation, so thank you all!
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 09:36 AM   #12
Edison

Quote:
I am not saying i am not grateful what so ever. I am saying is not highly efficient.

Anyway in terms of users requests: i don't think Reaper is super special here. They do whatever they decide to do like any other DAW.

In terms of development a feature, yea reaper is super special because has and needs for their model lot of feedback from users while others have testers and UX designers.

Again i am not qualifing has good or bad , i just don't agree it is super efficient has operator said.

In my country we have a saying like this:
What would Blue be if everyone liked Yellow!

But we can live with these subtle differences of opinion, it is the beauty of mutual coexistence.
Old 03-06-2021, 09:42 AM   #13
Edison

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
If there was a perfect method for developing software, everyone would do it ��

Whether or not the REAPER development process works or seems ideal from any individual user's point of view depends on their particular needs and personal preferences.

The users who do find it rewarding to test features and give feedback are absolutely invaluable to us. We work the way we do because we enjoy it, but we wouldn't be able to do so without your participation, so thank you all!

Schwa, wise as always!!

Thanks a lot!
Old 03-06-2021, 09:44 AM   #14
Mordi

Quote:
When preaching the good word about Reaper, I usually mention the dev team being just a few people - and that they are easy to reach as a big plus. The turnaround from a bug report to a bug fix is very quick.
Old 03-06-2021, 10:32 AM   #15
Vagelis

Quote:

Definitely it's a non stop process, not easy (just 2 people?!) without a doubt you guys are the best for keeping Reaper up all this time.
We love Reaper and we want to have the best roadmap ,that's why i believe everyone who tests new features or gives suggestions finds it rewarding. And i'm feeling that now Reaper is becoming more and more mature.
So thanks for that and keep up the great work!
Vagelis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 10:57 AM   #16
mccrabney

yes REAPER testing is a rewarding thing that has improved skills i didn't even know i needed,
but the important question is this:

how come the schwa's smiley symbol is italicized in Vagelis's post, but not in Edison's?
mccrabney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 11:16 AM   #17
Edison

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccrabney View Post
yes REAPER testing is a rewarding thing that has improved skills i didn't even know i needed,

how come the schwa's smiley symbol is italicized in Vagelis's post, but not in Edison's?

Really?...kkkkk I don't know!!

I feel like we are a family!!
Old 03-06-2021, 11:30 AM   #18
operator

--- deleted, not important, not the focus of this thread, sry ---

Last edited by operator; 03-06-2021 at 11:49 AM.
operator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 11:35 AM   #19
_Stevie_

Quote:

Awwww <3
Old 03-06-2021, 11:39 AM   #20
Edison

Quote:
I am a Tester (work a lot with the Dev+Build despite the danger) and I am also a studied UI/UX Designer. And the usability compared to other DAWs isn´t worse (after customizing!). In my opinion it is quite the opposite. (cough cough *best* cough)
I could never go back to another (bloated) DAW because of the much better UX I have with Reaper. This shizzle is just on another level... I can work so frikkin fast with this thing.

This is REAPER!

Operator, thank you for providing us with this unique moment!

Last edited by Edison; 03-06-2021 at 12:02 PM.
Old 03-06-2021, 11:50 AM   #21
Vagelis

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccrabney View Post

Guys if you ever come to Greece i'd love to meet with any of you, cheers!!
Vagelis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 11:58 AM   #22
Edison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagelis View Post

When would the next flight or ship be?

Guys..Have you noticed the phrase that accompanies our avatars?

Last edited by Edison; 03-06-2021 at 12:05 PM.
Old 03-06-2021, 02:09 PM   #23
deeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagelis View Post

Same same! i am in thailand for now! you all welcome too!
Old 03-06-2021, 03:08 PM   #24
vitalker

Quote:
Same same! i am in thailand for now! you all welcome too!
But you're not from Thailand, right?
vitalker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 03:22 PM   #25
Loulou92

The very direct connection between the user and the devs is incredible... I noticed something not good two days ago (or was it yesterday ?), I report it in the update thread, and it's solved in todays update.

Thank you Reaper for existing.
Loulou92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 09:47 PM   #26
deeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalker View Post
But you're not from Thailand, right?
nope! i have been here and allowed to stay longer because of the C Situation.
Old 03-07-2021, 01:48 AM   #27
vitalker

Quote:
nope! i have been here and allowed to stay longer because of the C Situation.
Are you from some neighbour country?
Old 03-07-2021, 06:54 AM   #28
deeb

^^ nah ! i am just tourist in this regions !
Old 03-07-2021, 07:45 AM   #29
vitalker

Quote:
^^ nah ! i am just tourist in this regions !
So what region are you from?
Old 03-07-2021, 07:56 AM   #30
deeb

i am from Lisbon / Portugal
Old 03-07-2021, 07:59 AM   #31
vitalker

Quote:
i am from Lisbon / Portugal
Very nice! Is it warm there? What is a better place to test dev builds?
Old 03-07-2021, 08:11 AM   #32
deeb

Quote:
in general comparing with Thailand is cold , comparing with Scandinavia is worm :P

better place to test stuff is cold weather , we tend to be more at home :P better place to be is here tho

Last edited by deeb; 03-07-2021 at 10:59 AM.
deeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 05:36 PM   #33
Edison

Quote:
I'm from Brazil! (meu avatar já diz isso) I live in São Paulo

Last edited by Edison; 03-07-2021 at 05:59 PM.
Old 03-07-2021, 11:54 PM   #34
vitalker

Quote:
I'm from Brazil! (meu avatar já diz isso) I live in São Paulo
Do you say it is a good place to test builds?
Old 03-08-2021, 08:35 AM   #35
Edison

Quote:
Do you say it is a good place to test builds?
I think it's difficult to answer your question, although we have some groups dedicated to REAPER, I participate in one as Administrator with more than 30,000 members, but they are normal users, eager to learn how to use REAPER. My envolvement with REAPER is to understand it better and give Brazilians a translation closer to the ideal! Sometimes in this search for better understanding we are taken to unimaginable places in history. It is the case of the word 'Dither', that took me to the 2nd war, very interesting why this word is used and know where the Dither acts (LSB), when to use it etc. Recently here, some translators and not also, debating about 'Razor Edit'. For some cases I don't interpret the literal meaning of the word, but the action performed. Razor: A precise cut, keen, well defined...that's why I adopted 'Edição aguçada'.
Old 03-08-2021, 08:43 AM   #36
deeb

Quote:
that's why I adopted 'Edição aguçada'.
só vocês! abração!
Old 03-08-2021, 09:54 AM   #37
Edison

Quote:
só vocês! abração!
Abração deeb!
Old 03-12-2021, 06:17 AM   #38
cool

Quote:
I don't know how you find time to actually make music!

cool is offline   Reply With Quote