Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 07-07-2017, 03:16 PM   #1
jamie rustic
Human being with feelings

Default cant just change tempo in digital audio/midi project

hello:

i have a problem that has been threaded a bunch of times. i have a digital audio and midi project that was recorded to a previously recorded click .wav file that was not the same as the project tempo. i have read a bunch of explanations and solutions in the reaper forums and none of them seem to to work.

* project tempo was set at 116bpm
* project timebase initially set to "beats (position, length, rate)"
* tracks timebase was initally set to "track/project default" timebase at recording
* a .wav file containing a 77bpm click was inserted into a track before recording to set tempo for band recording
* band played song at 77bpm
* digital audio and midi were recorded on several tracks while playing back the track with the .wav click

i need to change the overall project tempo from 116bpm to 77bpm to align beats of recorded audio with the project. i have tried:

* all of the track timebase settings (project, time, beats+pos/length/rate, beats)
* project timebase settings (all three)
* media item properties > properties > ignore project tempo (couldnt decide what tempo to set in this dialog)

ive tried any variations of these that i thought made sense but no luck. id be grateful for any help.

thanks, jr

Last edited by jamie rustic; 07-08-2017 at 11:00 AM. Reason: clarity and completeness
jamie rustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 12:45 PM   #2
jamie rustic
Human being with feelings

not sure what happened, but it seems to function as i would expect now.

i changed the midi clip media item properties > properties > ignore project tempo and set it to 116bpm (the original tempo the midi clip was recorded at). i changed the project tempo in the mixer to 77bpm and it worked fine.

alls well that ends well.

thanks, jr
jamie rustic is offline   Reply With Quote