Old 08-18-2018, 06:04 AM   #41
karbomusic
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanofoz View Post
Yep. Pretty much what I do. But my Surface Pro just has a single 1TB drive so it's either the whole 1TB or a partition. At this point in time it's the partition. In the OP's case there's also the 4TB spinner, so a slightly different case.
Yep, I have a Surface Pro 3 and a Samsung Slate tablet. I tracked my latest project on the Surface - well at least the drum tracks which I did remotely at the rehearsal room. It worked flawlessly.
karbomusic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 06:14 AM   #42
Lunar Ladder

Good stuff, Karbo . And an epic break. The longest one I had was just... from a 486/66MHz system on MS-DOS to a Pentium II/400MHz on Windows 98. Even that felt a bit sci-fi, ehh.

All of this reminds me, as a nostalgia trip to my childhood, I actually read (well, not from cover to cover, but still!) a book called "Hard disk user's guide" from 1987 this summer. Found it at a thrift shop. A whole book on how one should arrange the files on an MS-DOS HD and what a hard disk even is anyway :P

"Kiintolevyn käyttäjän opas" by Petteri Järvinen, for the ones who might know the original title/writer

It was a fun read.

Lunar Ladder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 06:26 AM   #43
karbomusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Ladder View Post
All of this reminds me, as a nostalgia trip to my childhood, I actually read (well, not from cover to cover, but still!) a book called "Hard disk user's guide" from 1987 this summer. Found it at a thrift shop. A whole book on how one should arrange the files on an MS-DOS HD and what a hard disk even is anyway :P
hehe, that's pretty cool!
karbomusic is online now   Reply With Quote