Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Feature Requests

Old 12-31-2010, 03:39 AM   #41
bullshark
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes View Post
That's a shame, alot of useful information in that thread. :'(
Hm, rereading it got me thinking that Justin probably realized implementing this would be opening a gargantuan can of pregnant worms...
bullshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 03:46 AM   #42
Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullshark View Post
Hm, rereading it got me thinking that Justin probably realized implementing this would be opening a gargantuan can of pregnant worms...
True that. Schwa said in the notation FR that notation would eventually be implemented, just no ETA or indication to the level of focus it would receive...

At the moment, I would rather the midi editors strange behavior and main FRs were implemented before notation was looked into anyway.
Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:12 AM   #43
preachers

+1 for this feature

i also like to use "guitar Pro" to compose the guitar/Bass part, so a external editor option with guitar pro support would be nice.
preachers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:47 AM   #44
matthias.matthias

Default Score View for Reaper as Plugin

Please have a look at this:

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?p=696080

It really works!
matthias.matthias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 06:28 PM   #45
boatbassguy

Default Not a feature request... A PROGRAM request!

I've just started using Notion3 for score editing and composing and I have to say, I'm really liking it. I'm quite happy with this arrangement and would be totally happy if: 1. It wasn't a slightly buggy program 2. It integrated with Reaper a little better. 3. It's business model and stability was more akin to the cockos we love so well.

SO....

With this in mind I'd like to put forth a suggestion that we all band together (yeah right..) and lobby for cockos to enter the world of score editing software as a separate program to Reaper! (Devs: you guys don't have lives other than programming I'm presuming...) Because it would be a cockos production it truly could be made to interact with Reaper seamlessly. It would also operate as a stand alone program and serve the function of Sibelius et al.
Perhaps the Notion folks would move under the Cockos banner, who knows.

I mean obviously I'm not expecting to start a 'we want it now - we want it now' style FR. Just putting it out there as a conceptual dream.

Last edited by boatbassguy; 04-28-2011 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Typo
boatbassguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:45 PM   #46
pcartwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatbassguy View Post
With this in mind I'd like to put forth a suggestion that we all band together (yeah right..) and lobby for cockos to enter the world of score editing software as a separate program to Reaper! (Devs: you guys don't have lives other than programming I'm presuming...) Because it would be a cockos production it truly could be made to interact with Reaper seamlessly. It would also operate as a stand alone program and serve the function of Sibelius et al.
I totally agree. I love Notion3, but I too have been spoiled by the progress and development of Reaper. I requested (months if not years ago) that Notion and Reaper team up to make the integration seamless, but the request seems to have fallen on deaf ears. I would love a notation software similar in concept to Notion (that is, professional appearance with a strong foundation in digital production) but with the development characteristics of Reaper.
pcartwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:26 AM   #47
capriccio

Default Another score editor

There is also Capriccio: http://www.cdefgabc.com a free scorewriter for windows, linux or direct from web browser. Very functional and free
capriccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:31 AM   #48
l0calh05t

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatbassguy View Post
I've just started using Notion3 for score editing and composing and I have to say, I'm really liking it. I'm quite happy with this arrangement and would be totally happy if: 1. It wasn't a slightly buggy program 2. It integrated with Reaper a little better. 3. It's business model and stability was more akin to the cockos we love so well.
The problem I personally have with Notion 3 is the terrible, terrible (and unreaperlike) copy protection
Old 09-07-2011, 02:34 PM   #49
Schrodinger's Cat

I'd rather the current state of MIDI and MIDI editing get fixed first, before yet another layer of stuff is stacked on top of it.
Schrodinger's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 02:42 PM   #50
EvilDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrodinger's Cat View Post
I'd rather the current state of MIDI and MIDI editing get fixed first, before yet another layer of stuff is stacked on top of it.
Seconded.
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 06:34 PM   #51
krahosk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrodinger's Cat View Post
Thirded.
krahosk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:26 AM   #52
capricce

Default Great Capriccio scorewriter

Looking for scorewriter? Visit www.cdefgabc.com to know the Capriccio music editor
capricce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:13 PM   #53
Kundalinguist

Quote:
Originally Posted by krahosk View Post
Thirded.
Quartered.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:45 PM   #54
gofer
-blänk-

Quintized .

A score editor can only make sense if Reaper gets a clue about what's going on MIDI-wise on its tracks, across item borders *hinthint* .
gofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:12 PM   #55
ivansc

And the logical halfway house would be.... A HYBRID STAVE!

(grin) I never give up, do I?
ivansc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:33 PM   #56
hamish

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickiefunk View Post
Would be excellent if Musescore collaborated with Reaper and made it integrate!
I understand the desire for a score editor as summarised by sebas.

Lately I've had the need for good score printing (different requirement I understand)

MuseScore MIDI exported will open in REAPER really well where dynamics can be added fairly easily, but the reverse is not true.

If REAPER guys can do the required work on MIDI as mentioned above re. Items vs Tracks, and in addition add a very basic MusicXML export we can export project MIDI to MuseScore (or other) notation softwares for creating good quality notation. http://libmusicxml.sourceforge.net/

I understand I'm O.T. and for what it's worth the old 'power tracks' MIDI sequencer had that hybrid score that ivansc means, and I think that that could probably be achieved without a huge addition to the size of the installer [/NAIVE]
hamish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:24 PM   #57
hamish

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofer View Post
A score editor can only make sense if Reaper gets a clue about what's going on MIDI-wise on its tracks, across item borders *hinthint* .
Exactly, and building a basic Notation Editor would force them to create the necessary trackwise data structure for the MIDI, creating a flow-on to solve the persistent 'Item based MIDI issue'

Last edited by hamish; 11-18-2012 at 04:49 AM.
hamish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:35 PM   #58
musicman1007

+one kajillion

I would love to have a simple score editor in Reaper. It's such a pain to look at my chord progressions written out sideways on the piano roll and try to remember what the chord progression was.
musicman1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 03:49 PM   #59
LCipher

+ another kajillion
LCipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:04 PM   #60
Haylon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullshark View Post
Yeah, I'd love to have scoring built right into Reaper, but I don't think it's really realistic. Either they'd have to license one, and consequently raise the price of Reaper, or spend years and years developing one from scratch, stalling the development of other area of Reaper.
I get what you're saying, and a few other people said this also, a plugin to use external editors like TuxGuitar, or MuseScore would be sweet. I think TuxGuitar exports to MIDI, so I would think it'd be simple.
Haylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:35 PM   #61
conens

Default Confidence

I have used Reaper in live situations, for recording, editing, etc, for many moons. I have never been disappointed.
A full function notation editor would be the cats' meow, adding a notation sequencer would be incredible.
If anyone can pull it off,I know, and I am confident these guys can, so don't tell me how hard, or how this or that it is.
I am not a techie type, with no apologies offered, I am a guitarist ,and know what I need and want.
Thanks;
Ian

Last edited by conens; 11-19-2013 at 09:41 PM. Reason: error in text
conens is offline   Reply With Quote