Old 10-22-2019, 03:45 PM   #1
Powermac
Human being with feelings

Default How do I remove demo plugins from Reaper

So I downloaded the demo for Waves H-Reverb and would like to remove it from the Reaper plugin list (VST and VST3). Problem is I can't figure out how to do it.

On top of that, I can't find the demo's download anywhere on my computer. Really frustrating.

Any help would be appreciated.
Powermac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 04:39 PM   #2
xpander

I don't have any Waves stuff, so don't know their specific uninstall procedures. But you can check from where Reaper looks for the H-Reverb by adding it to a track. Then open the Project Bay and under the FX tab you can see the path for each plugin.
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 04:53 PM   #3
Powermac

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpander View Post
I don't have any Waves stuff, so don't know their specific uninstall procedures. But you can check from where Reaper looks for the H-Reverb by adding it to a track. Then open the Project Bay and under the FX tab you can see the path for each plugin.
Thanks for the info. Will check... Having said that there must be a way in Reaper to delete plugins aside from uninstalling the download from the
hard drive.
Old 10-22-2019, 05:11 PM   #4
xpander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powermac View Post
Having said that there must be a way in Reaper to delete plugins aside from uninstalling the download from the hard drive.
Reaper won't touch your actual plugins installs. As long as you have installed some plugin correctly, the plugin install path is found in Preferences/Plugins/VST and has been scanned, Reaper will find and use it.

If there is a specific plugin path in preferences just for this plugin, you could remove that path from the preferences and re-scan. That would remove the plugin from the Reaper FX lists, but not from your computer.
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 01:44 AM   #5
Stella645

Waves don't have individual dlls for plugins like other developers, they use a wrapper called waveshell which is all you would see in project bay.

I would not recommend deleting anything....use the proper uninstall procedure which is to use Waves Central application that you should have available in your start menu.

If for any reason you want to keep a plug installed but not have it show in Reaper you can rename it with a # and filter it out.

https://reaperblog.net/2016/09/2-way...rs-fx-browser/
Stella645 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 01:29 PM   #6
Powermac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella645 View Post
Waves don't have individual dlls for plugins like other developers, they use a wrapper called waveshell which is all you would see in project bay.

I would not recommend deleting anything....use the proper uninstall procedure which is to use Waves Central application that you should have available in your start menu.

If for any reason you want to keep a plug installed but not have it show in Reaper you can rename it with a # and filter it out.

https://reaperblog.net/2016/09/2-way...rs-fx-browser/
That's the problem right off the bat. When I go to waves central the demo isn't there to uninstall. Really scratching my head on this one.
Old 10-23-2019, 02:10 PM   #7
Stella645

Well they definitely make it awkward...they want you to use the uninstall all V10 plugins option....and then re-install any plugs you do want.

If you want to try another way go to C:/Program Files (x86)/Waves/Plugins V10 where there should be a file for each plugin.
I would try moving it somewhere first and check it doesn't cause other issues before deleting it.
Stella645 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 07:21 PM   #8
hatusage

Default Un-install

Waves are tricky ones. I don't know about Mac, but under PC I would first go to Program Data, if not found there I would check > Users *name*> then application Data.

Hope that you can find a parable in the Mac world!
hatusage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 07:24 PM   #9
hatusage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powermac View Post
That's the problem right off the bat. When I go to waves central the demo isn't there to uninstall. Really scratching my head on this one.
That's the problem, you can't un-install from the waves powershell.
as I said in a previous reply, Waves are tricky buggers. I've wiped my system of all Waves plug-ins now. They used to be industry standard, but now there are heaps of companies making as good as , if not better, than them.
ProTools used to be industry standard, but here we are on a Reaper forum ;-)

Last edited by hatusage; 10-23-2019 at 07:31 PM.
hatusage is offline   Reply With Quote