Old 03-21-2017, 05:41 AM   #41
kotsaris
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by heda View Post
Hi kotsaris, thank you. I think all is in the documentation page.
  • To make the icon for subdirectories you have to name the file as the directory, in square brackets, ie: [Reverbs].png
  • Right click: Marks the template or subdirectory as favorite. Do it again to remove the favorite. A red border appears to indicate it is a favorite.
  • Mouse wheel: to scroll up and down.
Thanks for helping.I didn't know that there is documentation page.
I also have a suggestion to make.Is it possible to save track templates with this script?
kotsaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 06:17 AM   #42
Pinknoise

Quote:
Hi Pinknoise
Thank you for the ideas.
Have you renamed the subdirectories? Maybe that's the reason why the favorites are not found. The favorites are stored in the "TT_Settings_1.cfg" in "Track Templates VIP settings" folder. you can edit that file and search and replace for a folder name if you rename the folder and you have many favorites changed.
Otherwise.. I don't know why it would not find the favorites.

edit. I have plans to add support to rename directories and templates directly from the script.

Do you know how to use multiple instances? You could create one action for each folder. So one action would show you all Drum templates. And another action, all bass templates for example. There are 3 instances included but you can create as many as you want.
I have no problems creating favorites, it's that they disapear sometime when I refresh. They are all there in red and suddenly only 2-3 left after a refresh. It looks like a bug.
Pinknoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 06:38 AM   #43
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinknoise View Post
I have no problems creating favorites, it's that they disapear sometime when I refresh. They are all there in red and suddenly only 2-3 left after a refresh. It looks like a bug.
yes I think I got it... fixing right now for next version
thanks!
heda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 06:39 AM   #44
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotsaris View Post
I also have a suggestion to make.Is it possible to save track templates with this script?
not at the moment, for now just use the regular save tracks as template action for that. And then use the refresh button to regenerate the list in the script.
Old 03-21-2017, 07:11 AM   #45
heda

Default v1.0pre6 (2017-03-21)

Quote:
* v1.0pre6 (2017-03-21)
+ Rename directories and templates (SHIFT+click on item to rename) Renaming directories maintains favorites.
# fix: bug removing a favorite
# fix: bug favorites being lost
# new favorites internal storage
v1.0pre6 released.
Important: It changes a bit the way it stores the favorites, so the best is to remove your previous favorites by deleting the configuration files "TT_Settings_x.cfg" in your "Track Templates VIP settings" folder
things like this can happen when using a pre-release, sorry! But hopefully it works well from now on and you never have to delete the configuration again
Old 03-24-2017, 02:04 PM   #46
Etalon

Hey HEDA!
Thanks for this awesome script!

Please fix the documentation, because it says: "Save .png image file with the same name as the template in your Track Templates VIP settings directory."

However it is the track template directory where you should save those pngs NOT the VIP settings directory...
Old 03-24-2017, 02:39 PM   #47
heda

Thanks Etalon!
documentation fixed
Old 05-18-2017, 04:52 PM   #48
Pinknoise

I've got 3$ here to remind you that this script will still be awsome on FX chains ! You can do what you want with it: Down payment on a castle, buy a new jet ! Yeah ! All that good stuff! I can feel your excitement ! ;-)
Old 05-20-2017, 03:27 AM   #49
heda

Default v1.0pre7 (2017-05-20)

Quote:
I've got 3$ here to remind you that this script will still be awsome on FX chains ! You can do what you want with it: Down payment on a castle, buy a new jet ! Yeah ! All that good stuff! I can feel your excitement ! ;-)
hehe yes!! it will come in next update. I already did some internal functions.

Meanwhile... here is an update I've just added that I've been working on. It adds the option to split the panels, one for subdirectories and one for templates.

Quote:
* v1.0pre7 (2017-05-20)
+ Show directories panel: splits in two panels, one for directories, and one for the templates
+ Lock directories panel to home: option useful to always show directories panel if you only have one subdirectory depth structure
# Zoom - and + buttons: Use Right click to zoom the directories panel.

Last edited by heda; 05-20-2017 at 03:32 AM.
Old 05-20-2017, 05:44 PM   #50
Pinknoise

Quote:
hehe yes!! it will come in next update. I already did some internal functions.

Meanwhile... here is an update I've just added that I've been working on. It adds the option to split the panels, one for subdirectories and one for templates.
Awsome !!!
Old 05-20-2017, 06:27 PM   #51
Pinknoise

I just thought of something. The way I use FX chains is with a simple macro:

This allows me to save some clicks when inserting a single plugin like an EQ or Comp for exemple or a more complex chain.

Instead of inserting single fx or complete fx chain, then click on arrange to focus, hit spacebar, select the FX(s)to pop them up and tweak...

With this macro one click or shortcut it pops up the plugin with arrange already focused I hit spacebar and tweak plugin.

I was wondering if it might be a good idea to implement your script with macros what do you think ?

The big advantage of your script for me compared to buttons is drag and drop images not having to resize and make a 3 part button in Inkscape it's a big time saver plus it's nice to have big beautifull images of those plugins that we like so much! + the extra goodies that you keep adding!
Old 05-25-2017, 01:02 PM   #52
heda

Sorry that I'm quite busy lately and not being able to code scripts as much. Such is life...

But here is a small gif showing you that FX chains is almost ready. I need to think maybe a button to switch home directories between Track Templates and FX Chains. Or dedicated script only for FX chains as separate instance. Now it doesn't make sense to name the script "Track Templates" only. I don't know what would be the name now.

Another feature I want to add is keyboard shortcuts within the script, for example you define ReaEQ FX Chain as keyboard shortcut F1. So first you launch the script with a key, then press F1 and the ReaEQ is inserted. Quicker than scrolling and clicking with the mouse for some FX chains or templates that you use often.

Old 05-25-2017, 06:50 PM   #53
Pinknoise

Niiiiice! Very neat ! The use of shortcut within the script is redundant IMO. As we can already use sws paste fx chain and assign to shortcuts. Its really the images that makes the script usefullness IMO. If its possible, an option to float the fx(s) would be great.

As for the name I was thinking something along the lines of: Heda's Gallery or Imager.
Old 06-03-2017, 10:36 AM   #54
heda

Default v1.1pre1 (2017-06-03)

Quote:
* v1.1pre1 (2017-06-03)
+ FX Chains support
+ Button to toggle between FXChains (FX) and Track Templates (TT)
+ Setting: Define FX Chains home directory (/FXChains by default)

* v1.0 (2017-05-30)
Track Templates v1.0 was released for everyone some days ago. I forgot to announce it here.

Now Track Templates VIP v1.1pre1 with FX Chain support is released for VIP members. What I would suggest is to use a specific instance for FX Chains. But in any case I've added a button that switches between home directory for templates or FX Chains. Maybe there could be errors, but it is ready for testing. You could in theory have a directory with Track Templates and FX Chains mixed together. The procedure to make images for FXChains is the same as for templates. Just the same name with png extension.

note: If you create additional instances, for example, HeDa_Track Templates VIP 4.lua, HeDa_Track Templates VIP 5.lua, HeDa_Track Templates VIP 6.lua, etc... these will be deleted on each update, You can backup them in the Track Templates VIP settings folder and restore them in the new updated version.
Old 06-06-2017, 04:14 PM   #55
mehmethan

Thanks for this script heda. I hope it will be another script that I use all the time like track inspector and loudness meter.
Some feature requests here :

1- Paste(Replace) option for applying templates and chains.
2- Double-click to apply templates and chains (now it is only one click)
3- Save selected track as template
4- Save selected track's fx chain
5- TAGGING for fx chains and templates please. (For Easier search, filtering and category)
mehmethan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 12:17 PM   #56
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehmethan View Post
Thanks for this script heda. I hope it will be another script that I use all the time like track inspector and loudness meter.
Some feature requests here :

1- Paste(Replace) option for applying templates and chains.
2- Double-click to apply templates and chains (now it is only one click)
3- Save selected track as template
4- Save selected track's fx chain
5- TAGGING for fx chains and templates please. (For Easier search, filtering and category)
Thank you.
These are nice requests.
About tagging and categories, maybe you can categorize them with sub folders. And for tags, you can add tags in the names (use SHIFT+click to rename them) and then use filter to search for those tags. But I think what you are asking is a more advanced filter search, that could filter more than one tag for example. I'm not sure if the task is so complex to require such advanced filtering.. How many templates do you have?
Old 06-08-2017, 08:08 PM   #57
mehmethan

Quote:
Thank you.
These are nice requests.
About tagging and categories, maybe you can categorize them with sub folders. And for tags, you can add tags in the names (use SHIFT+click to rename them) and then use filter to search for those tags. But I think what you are asking is a more advanced filter search, that could filter more than one tag for example. I'm not sure if the task is so complex to require such advanced filtering.. How many templates do you have?
Hi Heda I have 22 track templates and my fx chains are over 300.and they are getting bigger day by day. Most of them are vsti presets with combination of vst inserts. Now Im using Sws resources for managing them. İn sws resources we have comments colomn . I m using it for tagging but this is a workaround. A real tagging system like native instruments plugins would be very cool.

Regards
mehmethan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 04:05 AM   #58
heda

I'll think about it. if you don't want to add the tag in the fxchain file name, then it should be stored somewhere... in a central location, or maybe in a sidecar file like the png images.
Old 07-22-2017, 03:24 PM   #59
itsrosh

Really been enjoying this script.

If you put a bit of time into preparing it you can replace the default FX browser. Here's a gif of how I've been using it.

Made some custom images for the directories and used the 'Snipping Tool' in Windows to quickly create the .PNG files for each plugin.

I like the 1-click apply nature of it to.

---
Just a couple of suggestions.
- The ability to hide some of the icons on the top. In my case I no longer require the FX/TT toggle or the zoom functions on hand all the time.

- A more prominent home icon. At the moment is seems oddly small

- Additional customisation option similar to what's found in your Track Inspector script. The ability to change font size, background colour ect. (You can do some very limited customisation by editing the Default_5.0.TT_theme file in the script folder.)

- Select whether text is shown in certain directories or not.

- Maybe the ability to have directories listed in tabs at the top.

But thanks for making this. Already a very useful script.
itsrosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 01:31 AM   #60
Chris Hurst Music

This looks really useful!
Chris Hurst Music is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 10:46 AM   #61
heda

Default v1.1pre2 (2017-07-26)

@itsrosh
Thank you for your suggestions. The gif looks great.

I have updated the script with some options to show/Hide toolbar buttons. And option to always hide labels for each directory.

Thinking now about the tagging system to find templates or chains. And maybe for the templates it should also add those tags to Track Inspector Tags too.

Quote:
* v1.1pre2 (2017-07-26)
+ Settings: Options to show/Hide toolbar buttons.
+ Settings: Always hide labels option for each directory
Old 09-23-2017, 07:10 PM   #62
Pinknoise

Hello! Is there anyway to show the subfolders in the template script ?

Also as an option it would be nice if each folder could retain it's zoom. I have some text that I almost can't read either that or images are too big in other folders if I zoom in to read.

And yes another request ...sorry !... I have to rename folders with prefix like y,z,ab,etc. so that I can have them in a specific order maybe something to look into. I have to do this because of image sizes also to avoid holes in the panel, I buid the images like a puzzle to maximise the number of plugins I can see.

Last edited by Pinknoise; 09-23-2017 at 07:18 PM.
Old 09-25-2017, 04:55 PM   #63
heda

@Pinknoise
Do you have the option "Lock directories panel to home"? Subfolders should appear then if you deactivate this option. Otherwise, you will only see first level subfolders at the left directories panel.

Yes I have to do some of the suggestions you mention like zoom for each folder and custom sorting...

Thanks!
Old 09-28-2017, 01:53 PM   #64
Pinknoise

Quote:
@Pinknoise
Do you have the option "Lock directories panel to home"? Subfolders should appear then if you deactivate this option. Otherwise, you will only see first level subfolders at the left directories panel.

Yes I have to do some of the suggestions you mention like zoom for each folder and custom sorting...

Thanks!
Thank you! Another thing I forgot to mention, the window often gets buried under so I often reload the script thinking it was closed and get the little window telling me the script is already opened it would be very practicle to have a 'bring on top' button in that window! Tx. Or even better a bring on top action would be a 1 click operation.
Old 10-02-2017, 06:01 AM   #65
Pinknoise

Hello! Me again !
I have a lot of FX chain folders and I noticed, when I click on one to see the content the screen scrolls up the first folders.

Any particular reason for this behavior ?

When looking for a chain I have to scroll down after every click if I did'nt find what I was looking for.
Old 10-02-2017, 06:55 AM   #66
Pinknoise

Something weird is happening. In my OD-Disto folder nothing is showing. I decided to renew VIP since I did'nt installed last update. Made no difference.

So I copied everything in my FX chain OD-Disto folder and paste it in a new folder. It is now showing only in the new folder.

Also my Multi-FX folder is showing nothing.

Now it's getting weirder. I copied the stuff in my Multi-FX folder into a new folder #2. It is not showing in the folder #2 but in the first new folder containing copied OD-Distos fx chains...
Something seems corrupted.

EDIT: I renamed both original folders and it's all back to normal. They both had an hyphen in their names maybe it has something to do with it.

https://imgur.com/60DEKhR

https://imgur.com/UPv4iFT

https://imgur.com/edrP0iD

Last edited by Pinknoise; 10-02-2017 at 07:41 AM.
Old 10-02-2017, 07:51 AM   #67
Pinknoise

I tried another instance of track templates wich I never did before. Images of the fx chains are overlaping over the folders.

Maybe this has something to do with my problems I have some folders in my Heda scripts folder that are doubles:

Last edited by Pinknoise; 10-02-2017 at 08:01 AM.
Old 10-02-2017, 09:26 AM   #68
heda

Quote:
Any particular reason for this behavior ?
no reason.. fixing..

Quote:
Something weird is happening. In my OD-Disto folder nothing is showing.
This is really strange... I don't know what is happening.
Try delete or rename the "Track Templates VIP settings\TT_Settings_1.cfg" file and start again.

Quote:
I tried another instance of track templates wich I never did before. Images of the fx chains are overlaping over the folders.

Maybe this has something to do with my problems I have some folders in my Heda scripts folder that are doubles:
That's another bug... I think I know why it happens. I've never noticed because I have all my icons the same size and square.

Maybe you can send me the log file that you can see there in HeDaScripts folder. The backup folders can be deleted if you are not going to use those previous versions again. They are maintained just in case something is terribly wrong in an update and you want to go back to a previous version.

Last edited by heda; 10-02-2017 at 09:36 AM.
Old 10-02-2017, 10:53 AM   #69
Pinknoise

Quote:
That's another bug... I think I know why it happens. I've never noticed because I have all my icons the same size and square.

Maybe you can send me the log file that you can see there in HeDaScripts folder. The backup folders can be deleted if you are not going to use those previous versions again. They are maintained just in case something is terribly wrong in an update and you want to go back to a previous version.
Actually I just found out there is a bar at the left side of the chains images that I can drag to make them fit at the right place and the script saves them there ! So that one is solved for me.
Old 10-02-2017, 01:05 PM   #70
Reflected

hey heda

I just donated again, thank to the Track Template that you created.
wow dude this looks good!

can you make drag and drop works for this?

Can you add an option to lock the folders on the left, so even if I click on a folder, the folders will still show up on the left.

if it will be possible to select fav folders, it will be even more awesome

And ohhhh my...
At first I was sure this gonna work for fx chains too.

can you make it work the same for FX chains??
This is most important to me and the reason i will actually use it.

Thank you so much for ur awesome scripts
Reflected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 02:50 PM   #71
heda

It already does work with FX chains too.
And there is also an option to lock to home directory.
Favorites are selected with the right mouse button. The border of the item changes to red. You can do it on folders.
I don't know if drag and drop is possible. Maybe yes, but not a priority at the moment.
Old 10-02-2017, 11:43 PM   #72
Reflected

Quote:
It already does work with FX chains too.
awesome!!

Quote:
And there is also an option to lock to home directory.
it doesn't work when the docked./ at smaller window size.
can you make it work in all window sizes?

Quote:
I don't know if drag and drop is possible. Maybe yes, but not a priority at the moment.
that will be very useful for me.

drag and drop on items as well very needed.
Old 10-03-2017, 01:53 PM   #73
Reflected

Ok, here is a mockup for few requests that will make me use it as my main fx window.
that will sure worth a donation.

I'm really excited about this.
btw - I think this thread should be moved to the scripts forum.

here:

Old 10-03-2017, 02:35 PM   #74
heda

@Reflected

you can change the size of folders panel (right clicking the - and + )

You can hide labels for items with icons.

Lock folders panel to home, doesn't depend on docked or not docked.

Drag and drop will be added if I have time. A lot of chunking to do for inserting fx chains into items. But it should be possible.
Old 10-03-2017, 10:16 PM   #75
Reflected

Quote:
@Reflected
you can change the size of folders panel (right clicking the - and + )
but it change the size of everything (items and folders), i want to change only folders.

Quote:
You can hide labels for items with icons.
same here, want it only for folders without items.

Quote:
Lock folders panel to home, doesn't depend on docked or not docked.
here is what happend, see the GIF, folders hidds when sizing the window :/

Quote:
Drag and drop will be added if I have time. A lot of chunking to do for inserting fx chains into items. But it should be possible.
that will be so awesome!
Old 10-04-2017, 03:42 AM   #76
heda

if the window width is less than the window height, then the directories panel is hidden. and items are shown vertically, one each line. This was designed like this. But maybe the condition could be, if the window width is less than x pixels instead.
Old 10-04-2017, 05:53 AM   #77
Reflected

Quote:
if the window width is less than the window height, then the directories panel is hidden. and items are shown vertically, one each line. This was designed like this. But maybe the condition could be, if the window width is less than x pixels instead.
yess please X pixels will be better, I will make it 0 pixels because I don't want them to auto hide at all :P
Old 10-05-2017, 07:48 AM   #78
heda

Default v1.1pre3 (2017-10-05)

I've been receiving new donations and comments about this script so.. here is a new update!

Quote:
* v1.1pre3 (2017-10-05)
+ Drag and drop support for templates and FX chains into tracks.
+ experimental: Insert FX Chains into item take by drag and drop.
+ Be able to use custom instances from "Track Templates VIP settings" folder. So they are not deleted when updating.
+ Specify minimum width of window in pixels where the directories panel is hidden and items fit to width in one column only. If -1 is entered, previous behavior is used (width of window < height of window)
# fix: do not scroll to top after clicking a folder if "Lock directories panel to home" is active.
# fix: Always hide labels for specific folder option was also hiding labels for directories panel.
about custom instances...
You know you can create as many instances as you want by copying the lua files and create a new lua file and edit the instance number inside. There are 3 instances included, but you cna create more if needed. Each instance saves its own configuration. But the problem is that if I update the script, all those new files that you create are deleted and replaced again with the same default 3 instances. Now you cna copy the lua files to the "Track Templates VIP settings" folder and load them into REAPER from there. They won't be updated or deleted. So you can update the script but the custom instances won't be lost.

about drag and drop.
  • Drag and drop Track Templates or FX chains into the TCP or empty area of a track in arrange is safe to use.
  • Drag and drop FX chains into a take inside a item is experimental. It uses chunk data manipulation. Use with caution.
Old 10-05-2017, 10:32 AM   #79
Reflected

Wow!! thanks for the superb update
it works much better.

here few more ideas:
EDIT:

1. Still can't resize the folders ------------ EDIT - I just notice in my own gif that Right Clicking will resize folders LOL https://image.ibb.co/dc6Ykb/folders_size.gif
Thanks!!

2.option / change to "insert fx chain by double clicking" (instead of one click)

3. I wonder if it possible to select and insert more than one fxchain at the same time.

4. here is another challange how about ALT+right click on a folder to save an fx chain with a PNG of the current focused plugin into this folder? (quick filling folders with fxchains + icons)
Old 10-05-2017, 10:49 AM   #80
Reflected

2 more things

5. I do really like to hide labels for folders only. (keeping the labels of the fxchains) my fx folders icons are very obvious without labels.

6. option to show only 1 fx chain per a row.

see GIF: i tried to make fxchains to show only 1 per row, but that's not easy currently, if there was an option to limit, it could help for such a docking setup.