Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Old 08-28-2012, 01:45 PM   #1
dea-man
Human being with feelings

Default Ready to try installing RADO V4. What is your experience?

So far,I have always been just a regular "Reaper 3.0 default theme" user kind of a guy.

Tried a few other simple themes, and they were cool, but I was just more interested in getting things done quickly, which to me means "using things that are familiar".

Every now and then, I see some awesome theme screenshot, that just looks "fun" and "pleasant to the eye", but also seem as if they may actually help workflow and inspiration, as well as maybe a build a bit of confidence in clients, when they see how cool things look. (Silly? Maybe. However, I love a good GUI as much as the next man.)

I downloaded what I believe is all I need for RADO V4. A little footwork is invloved and that's OK, but I though I'd ask those of you who use RADO V4, how they found the experience to be for them. You know, before I make the plunge.

Pro? Cons? Learning curve? Worth it? Can you get back to Default 3.0 easily once you have installed everything in RADO V4?

Thanks.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:52 PM   #2
nickmoritz

I think you will forget about RADOv4 when REABORN2 comes

PS Never mind. Thinking out loud
Old 08-28-2012, 02:04 PM   #3
copacetic

I've never used the default 4 theme - Always used Rado V4, and it's absolutely brilliant - There has been nothing I'd rather use so far...
Old 08-28-2012, 02:11 PM   #4
Snap

Probably no way back once you get used to the great Rado. I use to try every not too day-glo or way too dark theme and always went back to Rado. It's so clear, defined tidy and well arranged. I prefer the clearer arrangement view of the old Rado Daily which I still use for editing whatsoever. Reaborn has a nice clear arrangement window too.

@ Nick. Cannot wait to see Reaborn2!
Snap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 02:16 PM   #5
dea-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmoritz View Post

What is REABORN 2 and should I really wait? Why? What are the advantages?

Can one still go back to the Default Themes easily from any of these theme choices?
Old 08-28-2012, 02:39 PM   #6
Sigilus

It's as simple as selecting the theme of your choice and (possibly) changing some of the preferences checkboxes. Save out your current configuration preferences and name it "default".

Then install and load up RADO with whatever instructions come with if necessary for preferences config, save that config out as "RADO". Now it's easy to switch between them.
Sigilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:01 PM   #7
AstralExistence

imo and many others, nick moritz is the absolute best, hands down, most care taken, reaper theme designer. nothing against whitetie but he does use the same icons in every theme and for me, i hate the look of his reaper default icons. not really a fan of imperial either but i know many love it.

rado v4 is handcrafted right down to the toolbars. the reaborn v2 toolbars/icons are nothing short of hell yeah. but for me, i dont like some of the colors in rado while nick is the master of themeing that guy who did the rado vox, just took rado up to another level. look it up, 'rado vox' also, im a but annoyed by the lack of sliders on the track channel in reaborn v1 no idea why there arent any. buy yeah, i have serious high hopes for reabornv2. but ill be disapointed if the track channels still lack sliders. i will say that thought reabornv2 is soon to be released its gonna take a lot for me to switch from radovox to reaborn v2. time will tell...
AstralExistence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:15 PM   #8
vStyler

That's a nice compliment to the guy who did RADO VOX..

My Rado - VOX theme - http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=91884
vStyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:06 AM   #9
earlabs

RADO vox is my default skin from the day it became public. Even WT's Imperial can't change that. But don't hesitate, just install. Nobody'll get hurt.
Old 08-29-2012, 04:11 AM   #10
Snap

I use Rado toolbar button icons in Imperial. The older black and light gray ones. I don't want any fancy colors there, just the best clarity, resolution and contrast. Nick did it better than anyone else IMO.

Also want to have the Rado transport as an option there. I like the WT transports. they are great and have that realistic hardware looking. But Rado's feels smoother and easier to my eyes. What I badly love about Imperial is the mixer. I'm customizing the Imperial MCP and arrange view in that great Rado fashion. Still trying things. Maybe some day I upload a nice Frankenstein theme.

Last edited by Snap; 08-30-2012 at 03:05 AM.
Snap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:37 AM   #11
lxm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmoritz View Post

+1 wait for that. Speaking of this..... wink wink
lxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:40 AM   #12
sapristico

I was tryin something similar since reaper 4 was.launched, and I got even some work done, the name prepared...IT'S ALIVE! Theme, and some frustration too. But Im a dumb with these things. Ensay-error method...so much time for 3 changes and problems with resizing and.some layouts...I always loved Rado theme and variations. And also the general layout of Standard reaper 4 theme...and only some glow in Imperial and that stuff...about textures and possibilities with some buttons, but prefering concepts, layout, buttons size and lot of old Rado and Std....round record 24/7! Real but modern buttons appearance, and clear remarking of record, monitor and phase buttons in one hand and mute solo in the other, and pleeeeease, in red and yellow! And as much and clear info allowable for InOut, automation, and in universal color codes...red-green...yellow? Automation with read in green, write in red, latch in purple-yellow and so...some people tend to do some weird things...

I will support all of you and Im waiting that nu hot shit from Nick 'magiclickz' Moritz!
sapristico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:55 AM   #13
Viente

Waiting for Reaborn 2

Althrough WT did a great job I'm not a fan of Imperial either (maybe because i don't like hardware emulation themes)

When it will see the light?
Viente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:08 PM   #14
copacetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viente View Post
Waiting for Reaborn 2

Althrough WT did a great job I'm not a fan of Imperial either (maybe because i don't like hardware emulation themes)

When it will see the light?
Last day of the month I think!
Old 08-31-2012, 01:15 AM   #15
Sexan

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the day has come!!!!!!!! I will refresh the s#!t out of theme forum
Sexan is online now   Reply With Quote