Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 11-04-2017, 12:34 PM   #1
GTR-Buster
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper Latency with Focusrite Scarlet Solo

Basically a newbie here but I have a real latency issue - basically getting a slap back. Running Reaper 5.61 with current updates in Windows 10 Pro on a Lenovo E570 i5 - 12GB ram using a Focusrite Scarlet Solo ... any suggestions .... I have it set to ASIO4ALL ...
GTR-Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 03:54 PM   #2
Stella645

Why are you using ASIO4all and not the Focusrite ASIO driver?

If you have an echo it's because you're hearing direct monitoring from the Focusrite and you're also hearing monitoring through Reaper.
You should choose one or the other so if direct monitor is turned on you can switch off monitoring in Reaper.....you will have no latency but then you can't hear any FX on the reaper tracks

If you have to monitor through Reaper for amp sims or similar then you'll need to set the interface buffer setting as low as possible and make sure no FX are adding latency.

If you have a 2nd gen Scarlett you should be able to get reasonably low latency.
Stella645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 04:49 PM   #3
GTR-Buster

Thank you for your quick reply - Yes it's the second gen Scarlett Solo. - Initially I was having problems finding the driver from Focusrite so in my haste to get up and running - I chose the ASIO4All as it was suggested on a few other threads.

The echo is not from the Record Monitoring - after I setup the FX's I set it to off and use the direct monitor from the Solo.

Thanks for pushing me to switch drivers I found the Focusrite driver I'm good to go now - there's still some latency but not near as bad as it was.
GTR-Buster is offline   Reply With Quote