Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 01-21-2019, 10:51 AM   #1
Bassist
Human being with feelings

Default Can't get speaker output with XR-18 Input

I'm challenged with the output configuration and devices. I have an XR-18 which I am able to configure as an ASIO device and all channels appear to come into my computer and reaper just fine, but I don't get any speaker output from my computer. I can record a channel and see the waveforms by no output.

I change to WASAPI where I can select speakers for my output and I can hear the track a just recorded.

So what I need to do is set the input for the 18 channels from the XR-18 and the output to my speakers, but there is NO configuration for that. When I pick ASIO I have to direct output back to my mixer (appears that way), and when I pick a windows driver I can't select the XR-18 channels for input ... just can't figure out what I'm missing here
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ASIO Setup.JPG (43.6 KB, 274 views)

Last edited by Bassist; 01-21-2019 at 12:43 PM.
Bassist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 07:40 PM   #2
domzy

not sure i understand but i'm going to give it a go - what are your speakers plugged in to? If they are plugged in to the xr18 then it should be a simple matter of selecting the right outputs - it looks like you only have it setup for 2 channel output (outs 1 & 2) if you want more outs from the xr18 (if it has them, i'm not familiar with it) then you need to select a higher number in the box where it says output range / last in preferences / audio devices.
If you are referring to windows onboard sound speaker out, then you would be wanting to use two devices at the same time, which isn't really possible with ASIO drivers.
You can get around this by using the ASIO4all wrapper, which can fool your devices into thinking they are a single ASIO device, but this can be problematic.
domzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 05:49 AM   #3
Bassist

Default Trying to use two output devices

Thanks for your response despite my unclear question. What I am trying to do is to get the output going to the windows sound card while also using the ASIO XR-18 for input. Bummer that I can’t use both since one is input and one is output only, so I guess I’ll have to rethink some configuration. Probably seems trivial, but my mixer is not co-located with my desk, computer and monitors so that means running more lines. My alternative would have been another external device, but if I can only use one ASIO that’s also dead in the water.

Thanks again!
Bassist is offline   Reply With Quote