Old 05-20-2020, 06:10 AM   #1
lexaproductions
Human being with feelings

Default reascript for pc

I need to make a whole bunch of script that were initially made on a mac to be compatible on window.

Asides from "/" the will become "" what are the other things I should lookup for?
Old 05-20-2020, 06:41 AM   #2
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexaproductions View Post
I need to make a whole bunch of script that were initially made on a mac to be compatible on window.

Asides from "/" the will become "" what are the other things I should lookup for?
Technically - with respect to file paths in Reascript - '/' is valid on both PC and Mac.

However - if parsing a path string obtained via an API like reaper.GetResourcesPath() - this will contain \ on windows - so it's useful if using a pattern match string to use something like [\\/] which will find either \ or /.
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 07:33 AM   #3
Meo-Ada Mespotine

If you don't deal with commandline-stuff or paths in projectfiles, sticking to / as separator is usually everything you need to take care about.

As well as using GetResourcePath and similar functions to get Reaper's own paths.
Old 05-20-2020, 03:21 PM   #4
lexaproductions

Thanks for both your answers. I do use the «io » library (open, Write, Close) but asides from that, not much else.