Old 12-10-2023, 09:26 AM   #1
Cea
Human being with feelings

Default Seamless video looping

Hello everyone!

Brand new to video editing.

I am trying to loop a short video over a long period of time for a relaxation music channel. The problem I’m having is the cuts are not seamless. If you check out a channel like Soothing Relaxation on youtube, he uses one clip and it looks like it doesn’t cut for hours. I tried using the video processor fade items fx, and it still looks choppy when the video begins.

Any help is much appreciated! Thank you.
Cea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2023, 10:52 AM   #2
papagirafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cea View Post
Hello everyone!

Brand new to video editing.

I am trying to loop a short video over a long period of time for a relaxation music channel. The problem I’m having is the cuts are not seamless. If you check out a channel like Soothing Relaxation on youtube, he uses one clip and it looks like it doesn’t cut for hours. I tried using the video processor fade items fx, and it still looks choppy when the video begins.

Any help is much appreciated! Thank you.
Making a good video loop is not easy. You could try adding a backward playback version (the "reverse" option in item properties) or use a long fade-in/out.
papagirafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2023, 11:47 AM   #3
Cea

Quote:
Originally Posted by papagirafe View Post
Making a good video loop is not easy. You could try adding a backward playback version (the "reverse" option in item properties) or use a long fade-in/out.
Craziness. Seeing as though there are so many videos on youtube that do this exact thing, it’s insane to think there isn’t an easy way to do this.
Old 12-10-2023, 12:53 PM   #4
papagirafe

Quote:
Craziness. Seeing as though there are so many videos on youtube that do this exact thing, it’s insane to think there isn’t an easy way to do this.
If the clips you have in mind are some sorts of patterns or lines, they are usually programmatically generated "randomly". If it is somme sort of natural scenery you need to find compatible frames ... or use AI
papagirafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2023, 01:07 PM   #5
Cea

Quote:
Originally Posted by papagirafe View Post
If the clips you have in mind are some sorts of patterns or lines, they are usually programmatically generated "randomly". If it is somme sort of natural scenery you need to find compatible frames ... or use AI
Yes, it is one short natural scenery vid with movement from Pexels. So by AI, do you mean some AI program that will do what I want, or an AI generated vid that will do this?
Old 12-12-2023, 06:36 PM   #6
ashcat_lt

Quote:
with movement from Pexels.
Make it move back before the end of the loop. How do you expect it to jump from one place to another without looking like it jumped from one place to another?
ashcat_lt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2023, 03:20 PM   #7
Allybye

As written above it is not easy and much of the technique to make it look seamless depends upon the content.

Things (not a complete list by any means!)
If there is something in the vid that holds attention between the out and in point try to ensure they line up spacially. If nothing then try and add something like a flash or splash that is appropriate. If a face is involved line up eyes for example. Fade to blur to some extent the rest.

Or add in a cut away between the end/ start

AI has been mentioned ( not used myself as I am old school ) but that might be a way to morph from one to the other?

Also as mentioned if it is possible try adding a reversed video so that the new end is identical to the original start.

Not very high tech or even maybe a satis solution but might help.
Allybye is offline   Reply With Quote