Old 09-14-2018, 05:46 AM   #1
mccrabney
Human being with feelings

Default FR-subprojects-MIDI track

hopefully simple FR for an additional "channel" of data on subprojects consisting of project midi (ie any midi that would "hit" the master track, flowing up from children tracks)

yes, we'd have to manually find plugins that block midi and merge output with midi stream

use case: i use project midi to feedback to my launchpad, providing LED illumination indicating what notes are playing when, etc.

what i do now: create new track, send inst/drum busses at it, set playrate to 500%, and record midi output
mccrabney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 05:51 AM   #2
mschnell

Is your request actually for routing streams (Midi and audio) between the main project and the subproject ?
This obviously would prevent pre-rendering the subproject and in fact would lead to "Live" subprojects.

Which IMHO would be great

-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 07:10 AM   #3
mccrabney

ha! that's a different, beautiful request but i don't know how realistic it could be. my laptop is 16gb ram and an i7 circa 2015 but still chokes on very heavy projects, let alone a master project with 8+ heavy "live" subprojects ... it's a dream, but without significant freezing/optimizing (defeating the purpose), i don't know how it could work.

what i do with subprojects is render them down into multichannel reaproxies (different busses/instruments being the different channels) and break them back down in a master project. this FR is for the possibility of reaproxies containing midi data, not just audio data.
mccrabney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 08:32 AM   #4
mschnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccrabney View Post
let alone a master project with 8+ heavy "live" subprojects ... it's a dream, but without significant freezing/optimizing (defeating the purpose), i don't know how it could work.
Now "Remote Subprojects" comne into play, on top of "Live Subprojects".

Here a sibling of the ReaMore protocol would be used to run any Live Subproject on another box.

-Michael
Old 09-14-2018, 08:34 AM   #5
mschnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccrabney View Post
this FR is for the possibility of reaproxies containing midi data, not just audio data.
I was not aware, that plain old pre-rendered subprojects can't hold Midi-data and render them.

-Michael