Old 07-28-2017, 12:53 PM   #1
svijayrathinam
Human being with feelings

Default Eucon support and reaper

Hi ,

I tried the reaper eucon stuff from the alpha posted here...

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=122509

Is this still under development ? When I tried this..it works but I found that adding new tracks, or removing tracks or adding sub projects or switching between projects are very slow...Can someone please help ?
svijayrathinam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 01:58 AM   #2
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by svijayrathinam View Post
Hi ,

I tried the reaper eucon stuff from the alpha posted here...

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=122509

Is this still under development ? When I tried this..it works but I found that adding new tracks, or removing tracks or adding sub projects or switching between projects are very slow...Can someone please help ?
I wrote the EuCon support for Reaper and there is a very good reason for the slow behaviour, and that is stability.

We found the only way to maintain a stable system was to do a total rebuild of the track map when doing the operations you mention, so we chose to do that, hence the slowness.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 03:00 AM   #3
svijayrathinam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
I wrote the EuCon support for Reaper and there is a very good reason for the slow behaviour, and that is stability.

We found the only way to maintain a stable system was to do a total rebuild of the track map when doing the operations you mention, so we chose to do that, hence the slowness.
First of all...great stuff you wrote there!! It’s very stable.. but is there any way to solve this slowness issue when switching projects?
svijayrathinam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 04:30 AM   #4
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by svijayrathinam View Post
First of all...great stuff you wrote there!! It’s very stable.. but is there any way to solve this slowness issue when switching projects?
Nope, for stability it has to rebuild every time you switch projects, ProTools (at least a couple of years ago, and all the other "usual suspect" DAWs too) has no concept of opening multiple projects at once, so the EuCon design does not take into account this possibility.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 07:11 AM   #5
bcslaam

I had eucon transport with latest plugin and extension working. I followed Geoffs instructions. (all worked except shuttle wheel which Avid has said they'll update 3.7 for)

But before finding out the shuttle wheel is avids fault, in my attempt to get the shuttle wheel working it broke. I tried uninstalling 3.7 (revo uninst adv) then trying 3.3 all the way up to 3.7. With thorough uninstall and install as admin. Also tried erasing and re copying Geoffs files in the instructed places. After trying the older versions it's stopped working. And I cant get it back.

Eucon drivers load. But arent exactly stable, sometimes it would say couldnt access bonjour, others it would crash.

Testing eucon in PT11HD and it works normally. It does seem to suggest its Reaper related.

I then created an additional new windows local admin user account and tried in Reaper on that account and it worked! So it's something to do with permissions in Reaper only.

Any suggestions what I could do?

Win 10 64bit pro
Reaper 5.76 ( and earlier)
Bonjour printing 2.02 (was previously from a QT7.4 install but tried uninstalling and just using latest bonjour for windows 2.02)
Eucon up to and incl 3.7

There was always this funky permissions problem with eucon in PT as year ir so ago but now fixed in PT. Something to do with personalities? Using another user account also proved to work. Problem being I cant keep doing that (create a new user each time it plays up). I have tons of authorisations and custom setups.

It's feasible that with revo uninstaller I deleted a regedit entry I shouldnt of but you'd think uninstalling eucon and geoffs files and then re-installing would solve that.

Cheers

Last edited by bcslaam; 02-23-2018 at 07:31 AM.
bcslaam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 10:14 PM   #6
bcslaam

Anyone?
bcslaam is offline   Reply With Quote