Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 08-30-2013, 06:31 AM   #1
geoslake
Human being with feelings

Default Minimize all tracks including envelopes

Is there such an action ? As of now ive assigned a key to minimize all tracks but that doesnt affect envelopes.

Thanks
geoslake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 06:35 AM   #2
EvilDragon

There's an action that does that in SWS extensions (SWS: Minimize selected tracks).

EDIT: Even the native Reaper action "Minimize all tracks" minimizes all track envelopes here... Do you perhaps want the envelopes hidden?
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 06:42 AM   #3
geoslake

Thanks ED, I don't want to have to select tracks prior to this action, so I guess the Reaper default one should be better for me, unfortunately it doesnt minimize envelopes here. Damn, whats wrong with me

Last edited by geoslake; 08-30-2013 at 06:49 AM.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:02 AM   #4
witti

Once you have manually adjusted the height of the envelopes, these minimize actions do not minimize the envcp. But you can use the +/-, or double-click on the scrollbar to minimize all.
I've built a fairly complex macro for my toolbars to switch to minimized track heights. It uses the xenakios "set track height to A (or B)" thingy and now the trick is to add "zoom out vertical" as many times as you need to get minimized tracks.

So this macro in short form looks like this:
select all tracks
set to track height A (or B)
zoom out vertical
zoom out vertical
zoom out vertical
unselect all tracks

Set track height in the Xenakios command parameters window. (My setting is 49, which is my default height.)
witti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 07:09 AM   #5
geoslake

You made my day Witti, works perfectly.
Thanks a million !!
Old 06-01-2016, 12:18 PM   #6
lowellben

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
There's an action that does that in SWS extensions (SWS: Minimize selected tracks).

EDIT: Even the native Reaper action "Minimize all tracks" minimizes all track envelopes here... Do you perhaps want the envelopes hidden?
Sorry, this is wrong. I just tested it. 100% sure of it.

I have 10 tracks, all medium size expanded manually and all envelopes manually expanded a bit.

I ran "Minimize all tracks" and literally, no envelopes minimized. Not one. Envelopes STAYED expanded.

Only tracks themselves minimized, as it says it would.

How does one minimize all TRACKS and ENVELOPES in one action please? Because I certainly cannot locate it native in Reaper.

Thank you.

PS. The ONLY way I know of it is maybe to double click vertical scroll bar, but that is not ideal. I would like to assign a keyboard shortcut or at least a toolbar button please to do this one 'full minimize'.
Old 05-19-2019, 12:47 PM   #7
Trione

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post

I'm been trying to find a command to minimize selected tracks. The SWS command you mentioned is the only one I've found in reaper so far, after quite a while of looking, but it doesn't work. Expand a track, select the track, run this command, nothing happens... ? Am I missing something?
Trione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 09:08 AM   #8
Multibomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by witti View Post
Once you have manually adjusted the height of the envelopes, these minimize actions do not minimize the envcp. But you can use the +/-, or double-click on the scrollbar to minimize all.
I've built a fairly complex macro for my toolbars to switch to minimized track heights. It uses the xenakios "set track height to A (or B)" thingy and now the trick is to add "zoom out vertical" as many times as you need to get minimized tracks.

So this macro in short form looks like this:
select all tracks
set to track height A (or B)
zoom out vertical
zoom out vertical
zoom out vertical
unselect all tracks

Set track height in the Xenakios command parameters window. (My setting is 49, which is my default height.)
freaking genius!!
Multibomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 03:38 PM   #9
dub3000

Even with the SWS extensions, I can't find a way to do this.

I would really like to have a single command to shrink everything in the track panel, tracks and envelopes, without messing up my active selection. This is a huge time-sink on larger projects :-(

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowellben View Post
Sorry, this is wrong. I just tested it. 100% sure of it.

I have 10 tracks, all medium size expanded manually and all envelopes manually expanded a bit.

I ran "Minimize all tracks" and literally, no envelopes minimized. Not one. Envelopes STAYED expanded.

Only tracks themselves minimized, as it says it would.

How does one minimize all TRACKS and ENVELOPES in one action please? Because I certainly cannot locate it native in Reaper.

Thank you.

PS. The ONLY way I know of it is maybe to double click vertical scroll bar, but that is not ideal. I would like to assign a keyboard shortcut or at least a toolbar button please to do this one 'full minimize'.
dub3000 is offline   Reply With Quote