Old 01-08-2019, 05:01 AM   #1
drowo
Human being with feelings

Default Any news on ARA?

ARA2 is in the prereleases, but not released officially yet. I don't see a lot of comments posted on ARA anymore, but there still seem to be some problems preventing release of ARA in v5.97. My impression is that these are issue which cannot be fixed on Reaper side alone. Does anyone know if there is a Melodyne update expected which fixes those issues?
drowo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 07:20 AM   #2
Icchan

I doubt it, since Reaper is a really small fish in an ocean inhabited by giants like Steinberg and Avid etc...

If Cubase/Logic/Protools are working OK regarding ARA, I don't see Presonus putting any resources on fixing their software for Reaper.

I could be wrong of course...
Icchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 07:30 AM   #3
Jae.Thomas

there's a new melodyne beta that might be addressing some of the many issues ARA has in reaper. However, it's looking pretty awesome so far, and it's great they are putting this work in!
Jae.Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 08:52 AM   #4
drowo

Thanks. No it's clear that non of the major DAW producers will adapt to specific requirements from Reaper, but I guess that some of the issues might bother the other DAWs as well.

The point is that in Reaper currently no development on ARA seems to be performed, nevertheless it is not released. That seems to me like - wait for the other side to change before we invest more. I might of course be wrong.
Old 01-08-2019, 09:11 AM   #5
mschnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icchan View Post
I don't see Presonus putting any resources on fixing their software for Reaper.
AFAIR, e.g. importing the tempo map to reaper does not work yet.

I doubt that Reaper can use a different method to do this via ARA2 than another DAW would.

-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 09:33 AM   #6
Xenakios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icchan View Post
If Cubase/Logic/Protools are working OK regarding ARA
But are they working OK? Steinberg only has ARA support announced for Cubase, not actually available in the current Cubase. I have read Logic has ARA now, but it could just as well be for the original ARA version, not ARA2. Haven't heard anything about Avid even planning to support ARA in Pro Tools.
Old 01-08-2019, 09:58 AM   #7
japj

Apparently, Celemony released Melodyne 4.2.1 containing “some bug fixes, stability optimizations and further improvements under the hood. ”

Is there a list of things that are currently preventing full ARA release support in Reaper?
I tried searching for this on the different ARA threads, but perhaps I missed something
japj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 01:39 PM   #8
drichard

FYI, Melodyne released a new bug fix version today, so maybe it addresses any remaining incompatibilities with Reaper?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Brian Merrill View Post
there's a new melodyne beta that might be addressing some of the many issues ARA has in reaper. However, it's looking pretty awesome so far, and it's great they are putting this work in!
drichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 05:17 AM   #9
drowo

Quote:
Originally Posted by drichard View Post
FYI, Melodyne released a new bug fix version today, so maybe it addresses any remaining incompatibilities with Reaper?
Thanks! Let's see if this brings up a v5.97rc.