Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 03-22-2018, 10:39 AM   #1
ianpwilliams
Human being with feelings

Default Can't get Reaper to work with Fast Track Pro (again)

Hi all, I've recently moved house and since setting up my Windows 7 PC again I can't get Reaper to work with my FTP.

I have a MIDI keyboard with a MIDI cable going from the MIDI Out of the keyboard to the MIDI In of the FTP. The FTP is then connected to the PC through a USB cable, and outputs to the amplifier too.

In Reaper I have the ASIO audio system selected, and the ASIO driver is Fast Track Pro ASIO (64-bit), with inputs enabled and selected as In 1, In 2, Out 1, and Out 2. I then have a Reaper track set up (with Kontakt plugin), have the track armed, and Monitor Input selected.

The first thing I notice is that the "MIDI In" light on the FTP is on constantly. When I press a key or let go of a key on the MIDI keyboard, the "MIDI In" light flashes brighter then goes back to the solid light. So it seems that the MIDI messages are reaching the FTP.

However, when I press the keys on the MIDI keyboard there is no response in Reaper, nothing whatsoever. I've tried selecting the track input as "All MIDI Inputs" and as "2- Fast Track Pro MIDI In", but neither seem to work.

Is anyone here able to offer me any advice please?
ianpwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 11:23 AM   #2
solger

Quote:
I then have a Reaper track set up (with Kontakt plugin), have the track armed, and Monitor Input selected.
Quote:
However, when I press the keys on the MIDI keyboard there is no response in Reaper, nothing whatsoever. I've tried selecting the track input as "All MIDI Inputs" and as "2- Fast Track Pro MIDI In", but neither seem to work.
Is there at least any meter movement on the (Kontakt) Track when pressing a key on the MIDI keyboard?

Or is using a different plugin like ReaSynth working (just for testing purposes)? https://www.reaper.fm/videos.php#BvSC-6qq1vs

If that's the case check the MIDI (Input) Channel in the Kontakt instrument header and set it either to OMNI or to the same MIDI channel as your MIDI keyboard.
Shown in the section 'Defining a MIDI Port and Channel for your KONTAKT Instrument' in this article: https://support.native-instruments.c...ler-in-KONTAKT

Otherwise some general things to check:

- Is the latest FTP driver installed?: http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/d...ck-Pro-Drivers
- Is audio output working in general - when importing and/or playing an audio file in Reaper?

Last edited by solger; 03-22-2018 at 11:45 AM.
solger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 11:45 AM   #3
solger

Quote:
The first thing I notice is that the "MIDI In" light on the FTP is on constantly.
Just in case: also try a different MIDI cable (to rule out a faulty cable/connection).

And by the way: what's the model name of your MIDI keyboard?
solger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 12:17 PM   #4
ianpwilliams

Typical, I've gone back into it today and its working fine. I've had this before where it's sometimes worked and sometimes not worked, very strange.

Thanks for your help anyway, hopefully it will carry on working now.
ianpwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote