Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 05-04-2009, 08:36 AM   #1
maramduke1
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper and M Audio Fast Track Pro

Hi there folks-really hope you can help me out here.
I'm using an M Audio Fast Track Pro (FTP) with Windows VIsta 32 bit SP1. It was working fine until I changed the audio system to direct sound so I could listen to my recordings through the laptop. I was able to listen through my laptop as desired, but when I then tried to record again with the FTP (ASIO) as the audio system it comes up with an error saying that

'the asio sample rate is not supported by one of your usb interfaces. Please check your sync settings in the control panel'.

It also says, before the above message.

'Error initialising ASIO driver' as if the FTP isn't connected (but it is and the control panel for the FTP shows it is connected.

Both reaper and the FTP are set at 44100hz so the sample rates match. I don't understand how it can suddenly stop working when I've been using it fine for a month now. The only thing that can be at fault was the change from ASIO as my audio system to direct sound. Any ideas folks?

Cheers,

Marm
maramduke1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:55 AM   #2
Ollie
Super Moderator (no feelings)

Theory:

When you changed the audio device to the laptop sound, Reaper aquired the samplerate from the onboard sound driver, which may be set to something your FTP doesn't support and that's how you got stuck. You probably haven't the "Request samplerate" checkbox ticked in Preferences->Audio->Device either or that option doesn't work on Vista.

Start Reaper via 'Start Menu->Programs->Reaper->Reaper (reset configuration data to factory defaults)' to fix that.
Ollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:41 AM   #3
maramduke1

Default thanks......and help!

Seems to have worked Steindork so thanks! However, the previous tracks that I'd recorded have now disappeared and the REAPER file shows no projects? When I search windows for the name of one of the songs I'd recorded it shows that it is there but that it can't be found. Surely I can't have wiped saved files by resetting to factory default?
Cheers.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:04 AM   #4
Ollie

No that can't happen. I guess you have to set the path to your projects again, that should be this one (not sure though):

If you can't find your projects using search, that could mean that you have your projects folder below the main Reaper folder and the Reaper folder is in \Program Files. This is no problem on XP, but on Vista it seems the behavior of the Program Files folder changed, Vista doesn't allow users/applications creating files in there and creates a "symbolic link" to a mirrored file structure outside of the Program Files folder. So your project files probably end up physically in 'C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Pr ogram Files\' while it looks from the applications POV as if they are going to the folder you pointed it to. Confusing, I know.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:02 PM   #5
maramduke1

Default Legend

Perfect-found the files and all looks to be well.....for the time being! As we'd say here in bonnie scotland, you're a legend!
Cheers.
Old 01-29-2011, 06:49 PM   #6
boseknows

Default Reaper and Fast Track Pro: Trouble with MIDI

I'm having similar issues as another person trying to use Reaper with a M-Audio Fast Track Pro. My frustration is mainly regarding playback of MIDI tracks.

I'm running Windows XP (SP3) on a system with an AMD Sempron 2.01 GHz processor 1.5 GB of RAM. I've got an NVidia GeForce 8600 GTS for a video card.

I've configured my sound in control panel to use the FTP as the default device for audio recording and playback and the Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth as the default MIDI playback device, and yes, it does recognize the FTP as its audio output device. Playing my .mid files with Windows Media Player works just fine.

I inserted some of the same .mid files into tracks on Reaper and followed the directions in the user manual; selected all the MIDI tracks, right-clicked on the i/o button for one of them, select MIDI Output->Microsoft GS WaveSynth->Send all. Still nothing.

To add to the trouble, now I can't enable any of my MIDI devices in Reaper without getting this classic message:
"The ASIO sample rate is not supported by one of the USB devices. Please check your sync settings in the Control Panel."
Needless to say, the MIDI playback isn't working in Reaper.

All I want to do is use the MIDI playback as a guide for when I'm tracking vocals. Please give me some ideas to try and fix these issues so I can attribute my future recording success, in part, to you.
boseknows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 08:53 PM   #7
Ollie

Welcome to the forums!

Some of this http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php...56&postcount=2 may apply to you as well - except that probably the MS-GSWTSW synth itself is setting the device to 22.050 kHz which is unsupported by the device.

So requesting the proper sample rate in REAPER and/or Win Control Panel is probably the remedy of your choice.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:38 PM   #8
azazel

Hi!
I'm using m audio fast track and very often the infamous "the ASIO sample rate is not supported..." appears. I say very often 'cause sometime It all runs well...
I've tried many solution but no one seemed to fix the problem; indeed it seems that, at a certain point, the problem fixed itself 'till another breakdown.
I've also tried to follow ollie's hint (i.e Start Reaper via 'Start Menu->Programs->Reaper->Reaper (reset configuration data to factory defaults)' to fix that), but when I have to select the input/output there's nothing I can do except read again "the ASIO sample rate is not supported...".

I'm using Windows XP SP3

Thanks for anyone who would help me
azazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 10:37 AM   #9
azazel

up.....
azazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:59 PM   #10
kenTheriot

I'm in the same boat as azazel. Had to switch back to my Fast Track because my E-MU 1820m threw a shoe and I've tried the resetting Reaper to factory thing without success. I've also made sure I have the most recent driver. Nothing is working.

Has this issue been updated recently?

Thanks.

Ken
Old 06-24-2012, 02:20 PM   #11
bluzkat

Do you have the M$ GM Wavesynth enabled? That seems to be the major culprit. See the link in Ollie' post (#7).

Old 06-24-2012, 02:53 PM   #12
kenTheriot

I'm using Windows 7, so I don't think that is the problem. I seem to have fixed my EMU problem though, so it may not be an issue.

Thanks.

Ken